Options

Replies

• choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    wessx1 wrote: »
    Teatox
    They are good

Can you be more specific than "They are good" ? That is a pretty generic comment.

Do you mean they taste good? Then that really has nothing to do with weight loss.

Do you mean they have helped you lose weight? Then please, share the research that says this is the reason you have lose weight.

Drinking tea is not going to help you lose weight, a calorie deficit will do that. If, however, drinking tea helps you drink less soda, or high calorie drinks, then it is an aid that is helping you maintain a calorie deficit - again the tea is not helping you lose weight, it is helping you maintain a calorie deficit.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I find staying hydrated in general helps me to stay in a calorie deficit, but plain water would do the trick. I say this despite being a big tea drinker.

wnorjsxzbxvs.jpg
    tea.JPG 234.1K
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    owensy12 wrote: »
    astarte104 wrote: »
    Green tea is beneficial for the whole body

Green tea has no health benefits.

plus it doesnt taste nice
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    i like lemon and ginger tea
    gone off peppermint tea now
    not aware of tea that helps to lose weight. that would be a miracle
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    There is no magical weight loss tea. That said, I do enjoy a nice green iced tea on a hot summer afternoon.
  • SavSwole
    SavSwole Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!
    Any suggestions on which tea is most beneficial for weight loss? I've been drinking green tea for the past few months and pretty sick of it lol. Any ideas??

Work out, Diet, And get enough sleep, And keep your stress levels low, and weigh yourself every week and check body fat and body mass to see where your going with weightloss.. I would recommend you to take protein shakes after your workout and eat protein every 2 hours to keep your metabolism going ..
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Sorry there are no quick fixes. Eat less, move more. That's what I did and I'm 61 lbs down. Hard work, time & patience.
  • AnnieintheN0rth
    AnnieintheN0rth Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    There's a Australian show called 'The Checkout' that did an expose on 'Detox' or 'Skinny' teas. You can find it on YouTube. Very informative. In brief, they are a scam.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Those teas are fads, scams if you will.....created because the mfrs KNOW many of us want an easy fix! The only true way to lose weight is to create a calorie deficit...500 or more a day will help you to lose approximately a pound a week...Do the work, get the results!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Most bottled tea is sweet, which has calories. Unsweetened tea of any kind has 0 calories. Brew your own, it takes only a couple minutes.

I buy bottled unsweetened tea. But not for weight loss. We have always drank unsweetened tea. OP, there is no tea that will magically help you lose weight. If you drink unsweetened tea it is a good no calorie option which might help you stick to your deficit. Find a flavor you like and drink it unsweetened. Or don't drink it at all if you don't like it.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Teatox
    They are good
    Lol...no, they are not. They're either laxatives or diuretics @wessx1 and do absolutely nothing for fat loss. No scientific studies to back up that they work for fat loss.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hello everyone!!
    Any suggestions on which tea is most beneficial for weight loss? I've been drinking green tea for the past few months and pretty sick of it lol. Any ideas??

Have you heard of the CD Special? It's the best tea around!
    That's Calorie Deficit Special.

Seriously, tea is delicious but it does not have any special properties that lead to weight loss. However, I know when I drink tea, I'm not busying myself eating, thus I'm taking in less overall calories. :)

As for Teatox....ew. Laxative and diuretics can cause plenty of health problems if overused.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/products/smooth-move/ be warned don't take it before going to work
  • EternalSnow627
    EternalSnow627 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I love the taste of green tea I guess u just have to have a taste of it.

• srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options

I love the taste of green tea I guess u just have to have a taste of it.

I'm completely indifferent to it for the most part. I do have a pound of it in my cabinet though because sometimes I'm in the mood for something other than water and the ritual helps me relax. Plus I'm taking caffeine pills in the morning now instead of coffee because, I don't want to spend 5 minutes boiling my water + 5 minutes sitting around in my french press when i'm trying to cut my morning routine to 30 minutes and out the door.
  • wessx1
    wessx1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Teatox
    They are good
    Lol...no, they are not. They're either laxatives or diuretics @wessx1 and do absolutely nothing for fat loss. No scientific studies to back up that they work for fat loss.

@cerise_noir
    They are not award winning from nowhere
    I personally tried them and they "help"
    An important ingredient in most of the proteins is green tea and since it helps in digesting these new teas in the markets work no different.

In regards to studies over products that make you lose weight there isn't any product till date which actually and officially make you lose weight :)
  • delimanager640
    delimanager640 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like herbal tea with no cal sweetner after dinner / before bed. Calms the sweet tooth and settles me in.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Teatox
    They are good

@cerise_noir
    They are not award winning from nowhere
    I personally tried them and they "help"
    An important ingredient in most of the proteins is green tea and since it helps in digesting these new teas in the markets work no different.

In regards to studies over products that make you lose weight there isn't any product till date which actually and officially make you lose weight :)

I respectfully disagree. their 'award winning' comes from sales. OP asked if there re any teas good for weight loss. If you do some digging around, you'll see many of not all of these weight loss teas are actually a scam. You'll also see so many reviews of these teas sending some off to emergency rooms due to the high caffeine content or diuretics and laxatives cause severe dehydration, and many of these accounts come from people here on MFP. Of course there are no products to help one lose weight, since the only thing that works and is proven to is CICO. As someone who drinks green tea several times a day, I can definitely say that green tea does not work for weight loss. It is caffeine, so yes it can be energizing, but for weight loss? Nothing but a calorie deficit works.
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I like builder's tea with milk in it! Though peppermint tea is nice, and refreshing too :-)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

Are you using the flavoured Liptons Green Teas? Lovely stuff and 0 calories plus 0 sugar.