Replies

• wessx1
    wessx1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    wessx1 wrote: »
    Teatox
    They are good
    Lol...no, they are not. They're either laxatives or diuretics @wessx1 and do absolutely nothing for fat loss. No scientific studies to back up that they work for fat loss.

@cerise_noir
    They are not award winning from nowhere
    I personally tried them and they "help"
    An important ingredient in most of the proteins is green tea and since it helps in digesting these new teas in the markets work no different.

In regards to studies over products that make you lose weight there isn't any product till date which actually and officially make you lose weight :)

I respectfully disagree. their 'award winning' comes from sales. OP asked if there re any teas good for weight loss. If you do some digging around, you'll see many of not all of these weight loss teas are actually a scam. You'll also see so many reviews of these teas sending some off to emergency rooms due to the high caffeine content or diuretics and laxatives cause severe dehydration, and many of these accounts come from people here on MFP. Of course there are no products to help one lose weight, since the only thing that works and is proven to is CICO. As someone who drinks green tea several times a day, I can definitely say that green tea does not work for weight loss. It is caffeine, so yes it can be energizing, but for weight loss? Nothing but a calorie deficit works.

@cerise_noir
    If you went through what i mentioned earlier ,these detox teas "help" in digesting which is an important factor for those who diet in addition to ability to naturally boost metabolism.
    I never go with the reviews of people because they are not enough however, before i comment on your reply any further let me ask you if (a) personally tried the teatox before you lay your comment about them being in-effective??
    (B) have you ever heard of the Japanese matcha detox tea? Please red up on it .It is certified for being a weight loss factor in addition to its countless benefits :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Teatox
    They are good
    Lol...no, they are not. They're either laxatives or diuretics @wessx1 and do absolutely nothing for fat loss. No scientific studies to back up that they work for fat loss.

@cerise_noir
    An important ingredient in most of the proteins is green tea and since it helps in digesting these new teas in the markets work no different.

In regards to studies over products that make you lose weight there isn't any product till date which actually and officially make you lose weight :)

I respectfully disagree. their 'award winning' comes from sales. OP asked if there re any teas good for weight loss. If you do some digging around, you'll see many of not all of these weight loss teas are actually a scam. You'll also see so many reviews of these teas sending some off to emergency rooms due to the high caffeine content or diuretics and laxatives cause severe dehydration, and many of these accounts come from people here on MFP. Of course there are no products to help one lose weight, since the only thing that works and is proven to is CICO. As someone who drinks green tea several times a day, I can definitely say that green tea does not work for weight loss. It is caffeine, so yes it can be energizing, but for weight loss? Nothing but a calorie deficit works.

@cerise_noir
    If you went through what i mentioned earlier ,these detox teas "help" in digesting which is an important factor for those who diet in addition to ability to naturally boost metabolism.
    I never go with the reviews of people because they are not enough however, before i comment on your reply any further let me ask you if (a) personally tried the teatox before you lay your comment about them being in-effective??
    (B) have you ever heard of the Japanese matcha detox tea? Please red up on it .It is certified for being a weight loss factor in addition to its countless benefits :)

How do they help in digesting exactly? And the link to the Japanese matcha detox tea for weight loss would be great! Thank you
  • wessx1
    wessx1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Teatox
    They are good

@cerise_noir

@cerise_noir

How do they help in digesting exactly? And the link to the Japanese matcha detox tea for weight loss would be great! Thank you

EGCG :p
    Many articles can be found online just type about matcha green tea in google
    But there you go i am linking one of the articles about it here for you
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/8-wonders-of-matcha-green-tea.html
  • queenliz99
    Options
    scoii wrote: »
    Quoting a body building website isn't exactly the best proof. Especially as it states antioxidants should be consumed in food and drink!

Can we get a facepalm icon for this forum.

I found this

52k3btzxof3c.png
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If there were a tea that would make me lose weight, then you can bet your *kitten* I would be chugging it down, but alas there is no such miracle out there...
  • queenliz99
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Teatox
    They are good

@cerise_noir

@cerise_noir

EGCG :p
    Many articles can be found online just type about matcha green tea in google
    But there you go i am linking one of the articles about it here for you
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/8-wonders-of-matcha-green-tea.html

That link is not what I meant, something based on science. You know, peer reviewed. Try again.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    If there were a tea that would make me lose weight, then you can bet your *kitten* I would be chugging it down, but alas there is no such miracle out there...

Right?

If green tea works so well, then why are there still overweight individuals in the world? Green tea isn't expensive.

Oh, and since I drink a lot of green tea, why hasn't this 50lbs melted off me? Silly me doing CICO.
  • kizanne1
    kizanne1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Green tea helps minimally. Even better it has antioxidants. Will it change your life without other changes no but I'll take all the help I can get.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/19991128/green-tea-boosts-metabolism-protects-against-diseases#1
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/9-tips-to-increase-metabolism.htm

I also like Matcha but it is just stronger green tea really.
  • saraSM1
    saraSM1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, there are 5 kinds of tea which are helpful to lose weight :
    1. Peppermint tea
    2. Oolong tea
    3. Green tea
    4. Star anise tea
    5. Rose tea
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    saraSM1 wrote: »
    1. Peppermint tea
    2. Oolong tea
    3. Green tea
    4. Star anise tea
    5. Rose tea

How?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    1. Peppermint tea
    2. Oolong tea
    3. Green tea
    4. Star anise tea
    5. Rose tea

How?

+1
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    1. Peppermint tea
    2. Oolong tea
    3. Green tea
    4. Star anise tea
    5. Rose tea

Ive tried all but the rose tea and I can say NONE of them helped me lose weight. maybe if you just drink tea all day and not eat(which I dont recommend),other than that no
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Really?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My daughter got sucked into trying that skinny tea. Yes she lost weight, and gave all the credit to the tea, not the fact that she started exercising and dramatically reduced her food intake at the same time!
  • Valori22
    Valori22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you only drink green tea without diet & exercise obviously weight will not just fall off but it does have a lot of benefits. It has plenty of antioxidants and does help curb your appetite. It also helps burn more calories but you have to drink 2-3 cups a day & not the tea bags actual tea leaves are better. I personally can't drink it because I hate the taste so I take green tea pills...they are just as good if not better. It also helps keep my skin clear.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Valori22 wrote: »
    If you only drink green tea without diet & exercise obviously weight will not just fall off but it does have a lot of benefits. It has plenty of antioxidants and does help curb your appetite. It also helps burn more calories but you have to drink 2-3 cups a day & not the tea bags actual tea leaves are better. I personally can't drink it because I hate the taste so I take green tea pills...they are just as good if not better. It also helps keep my skin clear.

Oh my gosh no! Sorry this not true. The only part you got right was the first part regarding exercise and diet but the green tea pills are junk. Green tea may have antioxidants and caffeine but that is it.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    1. Peppermint tea
    2. Oolong tea
    3. Green tea
    4. Star anise tea
    5. Rose tea

This is not true at all.
    Valori22 wrote: »

And, neither is this.

Drink tea for pleasure and hydration, as it has no special properties for weight loss.
  • LokiGrrl
    LokiGrrl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love tea, very few kinds I don't like (green being one of them). I have so much tea y'all, it doesn't even fit in the cabinet. My son inherited my love of tea. I bought him a gourd thing to drink his yerba mate out of. Heh. Anyway, since I love tea, one time I decided to try this Lacey Somebody Dieter's Tea.

Remember that thing with the fat free gummy bears? Yeah, it was like that.