Do you match?

Options
2»

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Workout clothes/farm work clothes...whatever is close to hand and I don't mind it getting dirty or smelling of horse manure. Mind you, I work out at home, never off the farm.
  • iamkass
    iamkass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The people at my gym must think I'm disgusting, because when ordering work out clothes online, I clicked 3 times on the top I wanted instead of just once, so I literally wear the same outfit every day.

I used to not care, when I was starting off, but the more I got into it, workout clothes became my reward!x

I'm this way too. I just bought new running shorts and three different tops as a reward for myself and encouragement to lose the last 15 lbs. All my bottoms are black, so the shirt doesn't matter, but I made sure to buy colours that wouldn't clash with my sports bras. Just because I care about matching doesn't mean I don't work out my hardest.

If all my regular workout clothes are dirty, I have no problem grabbing random sweatpants and a t-shirt, but I still wouldn't "mismatch". It would be almost impossible for me to mismatch. All my bottoms are black.
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly OCD and try to match when I pack my gym back the night before...it makes me feel good if I look "good" when I work out(as good as you can look while working out and sweating insanley).

I also love to wear racer back tanks on days I do arms and back because I think I look hot. :flowerforyou:
  • _G4BR13L_
    _G4BR13L_ Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I will plan out my outfit/gear to go with my planned routine or what i am going to be working that day. I also like to plan out my meals. I guess it is an individual thing and doesn't matter as long as you are getting it DONE!
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I buy everything off the sale racks. It just so happens that it's usually hot pink, so basically all my workout gear matches without me trying to coordinate. I hate pink, but no one in the gym would ever know that...

But yeah, I don't get why matching your workout clothes is an issue. It's always nice to feel like you look cute, no matter what the situation.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options

My clothes rarely match... In fact many times they are on inside out! Lol! Are you a matcher or mis-matcher?

My clothes are always out side out, front side front ... with shirts on the top half and shorts on my bottom half. :tongue: I'm picky like that!

I don't have a lot going on with colors and patterns, but I do match up my clothes a little. My rule is that if the butt of the pants is tight and stretchy, I wear a longer shirt.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Of course I match, including socks, bandanas, and headbands if I wear them. I keep trainers in a few colors, too.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I definitely match. The few times I did not, I almost stroked out (JK).
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    OPs wording could have been better.

I don't wear matching socks like ever - except my smart wool running/hiking ones.
    I sometimes match but I mostly care about being covered and comfy.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Are you more focused on your workout clothes matching or giving your all during the workout?

Sounds pretty judgmental to me.

I'm fairly certain the OP didnt mean for this to come across as judgemental. I think her wording was incorrect is all.

People are TOO sensitive these days. it's kind of ridiculous.

There's enough people on this board who like to feel superior because they think that looking like crap at the gym makes them more dedicated (there's at least one post a day about wearing make-up/decent hair to the gym).

I'm not being sensitive. I don't really give a frack what anyone wears to the gym. I just think people should get off their high horses occasionally and listen to themselves.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have terrible fashion sense, nothing i ever wear matches, so i dont stand a chance of doing it with gym clothes.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Are you more focused on your workout clothes matching or giving your all during the workout?

Sounds pretty judgmental to me.

I'm fairly certain the OP didnt mean for this to come across as judgemental. I think her wording was incorrect is all.

People are TOO sensitive these days. it's kind of ridiculous.

There's enough people on this board who like to feel superior because they think that looking like crap at the gym makes them more dedicated (there's at least one post a day about wearing make-up/decent hair to the gym).

I'm not being sensitive. I don't really give a frack what anyone wears to the gym. I just think people should get off their high horses occasionally and listen to themselves.

Well said! On that note, I match AND kick butt at the gym.... come at me brah. :laugh:
  • DatsDonna
    DatsDonna Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I try to match, but not be matchy-matchy (if that makes any sense) I at least try to coordinate colors, but that's all fine and good till I get to my socks. They usually don't match my outfit. If they're clean and on my feet properly, I'm GOOD! I don't understand women who workout in clothes so skimpy, a few swatches of fabric less, and we're talking string bikini, or nude. I hate baggy clothes too, but this is an extreme on the other end of things.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    No, I don't care. Although most of my workout pants/shorts are black, so that matches any top anyway.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Mismatched. And often covered in cat hair. (I try to defuzz before I go out, the people around me might be allergic to cats.)
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I have terrible fashion sense, nothing i ever wear matches, so i dont stand a chance of doing it with gym clothes.

Me too! On the off chance I do match, you can be sure my gf got me dressed that day!
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    With the new sneaker colors not only do the clothes match but they match the sneakers.
    that is for the women at my club.. Me I have white sneakers still.
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Don't hate

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMiWZtvSJ9nqT7-kXo7ZJLeaAd_YQjaksU5p9svvJtjnGWuEnNfg
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I only buy black pants and denim pants, so matching is never an issue for me. All of my workout pants are black yoga style pants. then I have a variety of solid colored tanks to go with them. Easy and no decisions. I just grab one from each pile.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    I workout at home
    so I don't care
    and even if I went to the gym I still wouldn't care