Disturbing

Options
jester13
jester13 Posts: 408 Member
It's disturbing to see some food diaries that people believe that eating extremely low calories is the correct path. Your body still needs to function and to do so calories are needed.

I'm not trained in school or by anyone but if anyone needs help advice that has worked for me I am more then happy to help. Balancing your diet is the best and correct way. Fruits and veggies are so important to your health. Happy dieting and remember you need to enjoy it to stick with it.

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    jester13 wrote: »
    It's disturbing to see some food diaries that people believe that eating extremely low calories is the correct path. Your body still needs to function and to do so calories are needed.

I'm not trained in school or by anyone but if anyone needs help advice that has worked for me I am more then happy to help. Balancing your diet is the best and correct way. Fruits and veggies are so important to your health. Happy dieting and remember you need to enjoy it to stick with it.

There are barely any calories in fruits and veggies.

Most people fail at dieting because they think all they should eat is fruit and veg.

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

define this please.
  • JC77721
    JC77721 Posts: 65 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The problem is that when people want to lose weight they simply eat less. Most of the time eating less means eating almost nothing for many people. For instance, I used to get fat a lot of times in the past and when I wanted to lose weight what I would usually do was to eat very few amounts of food during the day. Food I used to eat during one of those diets was: lots of Special K cereal, orange juice, potato chips rarely, instead of the usual 2-3 hot dogs, I would eat just one, instead of eating two hamburgers I would only get one, and so on. Cookies, soda, and all those so called junk foods where not permitted at all in my diet, not even on the weekends or at any day or time; I would only eat many of the processed foods they sell at stores that are supposed to be "healthy" because the labels make them look extremely healthy.

I remember I lost a lot of weight very fast but it wasn't until I learned about nutrition many months later that I noticed that I was eating very few calories and that many of the foods that I was eating were not really too healthy (many of them lacked a lot of nutrients, for instance). Sadly not all of us were or are well-informed about nutrition or even know about the existance of macro and micronutrients, specially if the individual justs wants to lose weight but is not interested in bodybuilding. People please be aware that you can eat the so called "junk foods," but always do it in moderation. If you eat 2 twinkies in the morning, oreos later, a big soda, potato chips later on, ice cream, etc. then you know that you are not eating in moderation (I used to eat that way)
  • JC77721
    JC77721 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    define this please.

What he means is that many people believe that eating very low calories is the same as eating a good diet. What they are doing instead is getting at risk of some disease because many people what tend to do is lower their food intake by huge amounts.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    JC77721 wrote: »
    define this please.

What he means is that many people believe that eating very low calories is the same as eating a good diet. What they are doing instead is getting at risk of some disease because many people what tend to do is lower their food intake by huge amounts.

are you him? How do you know what he means?
  • DMB147
    DMB147 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just posted a question I need help as to why I am not losing. i look slighlty different but still weigh the same and according to the scale BF hasnt changed.....
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    JC77721 wrote: »
    define this please.

are you him? How do you know what he means?

Crystal ball
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

define this please.

Yeah, my thought too.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    That's two discussions today where the best answer is "donuts".
  • jester13
    jester13 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    What is with voicing what works for yourself that drives the fitness world crazy. Do what you want I'm not here to stop you from eating 1300 calories a day. I simply said it is disturbing to me. Because 1500 or 1300 calories is nothing a day. Just my opinion. Everyone gets so offended so easy. I to need help to lose and always look for what might have worked with others. You do you. Just throwing my 2 cents and experience in.