What do you eat?!

Options
13»

Replies

• haleidoscope
    haleidoscope Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. Just getting started here--looking to make a few MFP friends to help hold me accountable to my goals!

So far, I've been sticking to mostly natural foods. I've been making it my goal to eat yogurt with fruit for breakfast, maybe some hard boiled eggs. Lunch gets a bit tricky at my job, because I work as a new employee trainer--my lunch hour is often taken up by answering newbie questions. I've been bringing in protein bars with some sort of fruit or veggie. Dinner is usually a lean mean, rice, and veggies. Honestly, the hardest part has been cutting out wine and beer, because...well, I LOVE wine and beer.

I'm looking to lose about 50 lbs--any suggestions from anybody on what I can do?
  • amanley00
    amanley00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5 meals a day for me. Mine is open to friends if you want to add me. I'm at my goal weight and trying to put on muscle now. I lost about 10 lbs
  • kevinf2380
    kevinf2380 Posts: 256 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm still working on what exactly I eat and a routine. I will say when I did want to lose weight the thing that helped out a lot was cutting out desserts after dinner. Especially ice cream. I just tell myself that hungry feeling I get after dinner is just fat burning.

My diary is not private. Friends can see it.
  • battyfitch
    battyfitch Posts: 117 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    For breakfast I tend to eat overnight oats with chia seeds and plant based milk, with whatever I have to hand for flavour. So either fruit, peanut butter, honey, Nutella, that kind of thing. Sometimes I'll have a turkey bacon sandwich if it's the weekend.

Lunch is often soup and something. Like some roasted chicken or turkey, hummus and crispbreads, fruit and yogurt or a salad of some description.

Dinner is pretty samey as well. Veggie pasta, baked chicken with potatoes and salad, baked turkey with potatoes and salad, steak with potatoes and salad, chicken sausages with potatoes and salad... you get the picture. Sometimes I'll add the chicken to a curry sauce and serve it with brown rice, or throw it in with stir fried veggies and an Asian/Chinese-style sauce. Or if I'm cooking for someone other than just myself, I might fix something more interesting. But in general I eat the same kind of things over and over, just with different seasonings.

That said, I eat whatever I want. It just so happens that I want to eat the same kinds of foods most of the time. But I also eat chocolate, ice cream, candy, cookies, cheese, etc. in whatever quantities fit into my calories.
  • Salk252
    Salk252 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check my diary :) i starts out at 98 kg (28% bf) and am now at 70 kg (14% bf). Basically i did 5 months of resistance/ cardio with a diet always in calorie deficit. It sucked so much the first two weeks but by the time your in week 3-4 you are so used to it and you can feel your body utilizing the body fat. Feel free to check out my diet!