Replies

• girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Give me some new music ideas guys!
  • ScottyBeBop
    ScottyBeBop Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    By the name i am guessing you are an In Flames fan (Favorite band :) ) How about Soilwork, Amon Amarth, Periphery Some of my other faves
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Fleshgod Apacalypse
  • gcslip05blair
    gcslip05blair Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Finally a place I fit in the best lol! Add me totally been a diehard Cold fan since I was 13 that's where my love for metal started!
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options

Husband's newest love is Trap Them

• girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 374 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    By the name i am guessing you are an In Flames fan (Favorite band :) ) How about Soilwork, Amon Amarth, Periphery Some of my other faves

I have music from Soilwork and Amon Amarth, I'll check out Periphery! Thanks!

@born_of_fire74 Thanks! I'll check them out too :smiley:
  • fatgiraffe2
    fatgiraffe2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    finny11122 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWHfiEKK3zw
    Battle Beast - Out of control
    Female lead singer is pretty good

I saw these at Hammerfest last year, they were pretty good!
  • fatgiraffe2
    fatgiraffe2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    alyssagb1 wrote: »
    alyssagb1 wrote: »
    Not too bad. (Jinjer) That's probably the first female metal vocalist (aside from eluveitie, which is more of a folk/metal mix IMO) that I haven't thought was utter crap. I usually like a little more of a melody in the music then what they have in that particular song though.

That's really the only female vocals in metal you've heard and don't think are bad?! Do you just have a general distaste for female vocals? There are plenty of metal bands with good female vocalists. Pick a subgenre and I could probably name quite a few bands.

For the most part, yeah. I usually do prefer male vocals. Though, why, I don't know. I do like Netta Skog though. She's in Ensiferum now and was previously in Turisas. The previous key board player Emmi Silvennoinen (ensiferum) didn't do mainly vocals, but did sing with the other members on occasion. I was actually able to see them perform before she left a couple years ago, at pagan fest. Best show I've been to.

Viking/folk; death; power; thrash; doom etc. I like most, but these are usually my preferred sub genres.

Ah, if it really is just a preference thing I guess I understand and I don't know think I could change your mind with any examples. Plus if you like power, folk, and doom you have probably heard some of the best lady throatists in metal unless you just outright avoid those type of bands. Here's just a few good ones off the top of my head just in case you haven't heard them.

Draconian (new singer is really good. I think I prefer her to the old singer)
    Subrosa
    Dalriada
    Windhand
    Christian Mistress
    Aldious
    Dark Castle
    Midnattsol
    Silent Stream of Godless Elegy
    Light Bringer

I was about to recommend Draconian, I thought Lisa was a brilliant vocalist. I'm fussy with female vocalists too as I'm not fussed on operatic styles of singing, but Lisa was brilliant. Amesouers are another female fronted band I like, if you're a fan of Alcest and that style of metal they're worth a listen.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    fleshgod apocalypse tho :D
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    HAIL!

uf4brgkegk3u.png

• russb_
    russb_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's the only thing that motives me the most. \m/ metal \m/
  • svrover
    svrover Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Gamma Ray
    Metal Church
    Saltatio Morris
    Emperor
    Hamatom
  • hali1
    hali1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    HAIL!

uf4brgkegk3u.png

Is that a Son of Beast? Or something like that?

• hali1
    hali1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    Does anybody listen to Gojira? I'm asking for a friend

YES! I mean, my friend likes them.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I spent the night last night, doing music education with my 16 year old, on music,

We covered
    Hellyeah
    Black Label Society
    Hendrix
    Incubus
    Tool

I love Youtube for this cause all the band are on there, with the videos, and the kid was impressed.
  • leighamex
    leighamex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Metal head here. Ozzie, Rob Zombie, Godsmack, Disturbed, Slayer, etc.