• Simply827
    Simply827 Posts: 41 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Simply827 wrote: »

I will say this about that article. They are using steel boned corsets and elastic corsets interchangeably. There is a difference in the extremity of damage potential frm each, with the elastic having far less (it's not really going to change rib cages or move organs etc, the Dr quoted is clearly talking about steel boned (or historically whale boned) corsets in that instance. But overall the advice is solid.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

I will say this about that article. They are using steel boned corsets and elastic corsets interchangeably. There is a difference in the extremity of damage potential frm each, with the elastic having far less (it's not really going to change rib cages or move organs etc, the Dr quoted is clearly talking about steel boned (or historically whale boned) corsets in that instance. But overall the advice is solid.

They also said that what you eat matters for where the body fat is deposited. So much misinformation on both sides.
  • stowns30
    stowns30 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great job guys... However APETAMIN ROCKS! Lol
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

They also said that what you eat matters for where the body fat is deposited. So much misinformation on both sides.

Yes that too, forgot about that bit as I got hung up on the other stuff!
  • MrsWashington82
    MrsWashington82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Because Kim Kardashian wears it, it must work!

( Celebrities are paid to endorse these products)
    I actually tried the product so...

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Yes that too, forgot about that bit as I got hung up on the other stuff!

I skimmed most of it, and hadn't really put together the point you made about the doctor speaking about corsets and assuming those conclusions apply to waist trainers. It completely lost my attention (what little I gave it) at the point of my previous post.

OP, the waist trainer is shape wear. It will change your shape while you are wearing it, not permanently. There is also some concern regarding the overuse actually weakening the core muscles, which can increase your risk of back injuries.

Of course, the decision is yours.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    htimpaired wrote: »
    My waist trainer did a great job slimming my mid section. Whether it dehydrated the area or pushed fat in other areas I'm very happy with the results.

"Pushing fat in other areas" is not physically possible, without plastic surgery.

Meanwhile I'm still stuck on why we want to be "pushing the fat around."

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    My waist trainer did a great job slimming my mid section. Whether it dehydrated the area or pushed fat in other areas I'm very happy with the results.

"Pushing fat in other areas" is not physically possible, without plastic surgery.

Because Kim Kardashian does it, hello.
  • MrsWashington82
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

Yeees!! And I so love Kim K, I mean who doesn't?

• Alluminati
    Options

I don't. I also don't invest time, money, and emotion into dodgy products being hawked by D list celebrities.
  • MrsWashington82
    Options

I don't. I also don't invest time, money, and emotion into dodgy products being hawked by D list celebrities.
    You do whatever works for you. And I'll do whatever works for me. At the end of the day, it's how we see ourselves and what gives us the motivation to continue towards progress that really matters.
  • stowns30
    Options
    Wow
  • MrsWashington82
    Options
    stowns30 wrote: »
    Wow
    Lol

• Alluminati
    edited July 2016
    Options

You do whatever works for you. And I'll do whatever works for me. At the end of the day, it's how we see ourselves and what gives us the motivation to continue towards progress that really matters.

I'm not worried about what you do, no worries. This is for lurkers to think twice before investing their hard earned money on stuff that doesn't work long term.
  • MrsWashington82
    Options

I'm not worried about what you do, no worries. This is for lurkers to think twice before investing their hard earned money on stuff that doesn't work.
    I think you did a pretty fine job keeping the lurkers aware. *Softly Pats Your Back*
  • MrsWashington82
    Options

I'm not worried about what you do, no worries. This is for lurkers to think twice before investing their hard earned money on stuff that doesn't work.
    I think you did a pretty fine job keeping the lurkers aware. *Softly Pats Your Back*

There are a lot of people on the forums who have been there and done that. Had it not been for some of the more intelligent posters spending their time and energy in these forums spreading common sense, I and others would have given up a long time ago. Good thing we believe in paying it forward.
    You can continue having your monologue with out me. My California King is calling me. Goodnight ma'am or Sir.
  • Alluminati
    Options

There are a lot of people on the forums who have been there and done that. Had it not been for some of the more intelligent posters spending their time and energy in these forums spreading common sense, I and others would have given up a long time ago. Good thing we believe in paying it forward.
    You can continue having your monologue with out me. My California King is calling me. Goodnight ma'am or Sir.
    I'm glad I was able to help.
  • stowns30
    edited July 2016
    Options
    :'(