How do you get your protein?

2»

Replies

• __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,656 Member
    I'm not a big meat eater so I'm curious to see how everybody gets their protein.

Most of mine comes from eggs and quorn
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    My wife and i make our own Beef Jerky so i gobble that down. I also LOVE EGGS!!!!!!!!. Pork is a favorite of our kids so i eat that...I keep a jar of peanuts at my desk at work to help hunger and get it...Greek Yogurt when we have it.....that about sums it up.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPFeSBjYbaGEKTgCWWmFlkQQ13_VYM_9_6FguwrNmdcCqPbLPi8g

And greek yogurt.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    a piece of string cheese, boiled egg or bean products--but I try to get meat in at least twice a week. usually chicken or turkey
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I'm not a big meat eater either. Sometimes I drink chocolate whey to supplement, but it tends to constipate me so I do that sparingly. Other than meat and fish (yes, I do know fish is meat), I get it mostly from dry roasted edamame (highest veg source I've found and yummy), beans, cheese, grains, soy milk, almonds and peanut butter.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Cheese, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, shrimp, powders, protein bars, peanut butter, eggs, whole wheat bread, kashi cereal (added to my greek yogurt) ...
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Vegetarian here. I get my protein from cake and pizza. No, seriously. I make protein cakes (no powder used) out of egg whites (great source of protein), coconut flour, almond milk, and splenda. I make pizza on a low carb/high protein pita and put 2tbsp marinara sauce and 2tbsp of cheese (adds a little more protein). The pizza is 112 calories and 9g protein (not the best source of protein, but I eat two or more a day so it adds up, plus I have trouble getting my fats in so this helps) and the cake is 127 calories and 14g protein.

Could you share your cake recipe, please? I don't use artificial sweeteners, but know I could easily substitute it with turbinado sugar or local honey. I have some almond milk to use up and this sounds great. I'm always low on my proteins.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1023682-high-protein-low-calorie-low-net-carb-coconut-cake-w-pic?hl=Coconut+cake