Cauliflower "Alfredo" Sauce - LIFE CHANGING.

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    TMOew.gif

How did they poop so fast???

Cauliflower... it's a super-food.

Must have been those cauliflower hot dogs.

I'm sorry, but this recipe has nothing on the culinary skills of acg! Jus sayin'!
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SithLordJane
    Options
    fainting-lady-o.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Vomit.gif

this gif about sums it up ...
  • SithLordJane
    Options
    fainting-lady-o.gif
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7oUiL5Lzp2Wqn4NBMUm9UcOQl-rW3b4evqK3QrlDbkUUPRVBnZw
  • SithLordJane
    Options
    model-falling-down-o.gif
  • SithLordJane
    Options
    model-falls-on-runway-o.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I see this thread has dissolved into puking gifs and trex's dry humping...I think we have hit a new MFP low...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    You know... you could use the cauliflower alfredo sauce with the cauliflower pasta on the other thread and serve it with some cauliflower wine and you can pretend to have a truly authentic Italian meal.
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You are my new hero!!! Thank you for sharing this!!!
    When was the last time you had a big plate of rich, creamy pasta alfredo for under 400 calories? Never? Well then gather round, children!

I love pasta. And all other carbs. And anything made with cream and butter and flour! I was so happy to discover a way to enjoy the taste of these things without the 1,200 calorie bill. I was skeptical at first, but now I'm a believer! I served the sauce over whole wheat penne with broccoli. I would have added chicken but I was feeling pretty lazy. Now, if you are REALLY trying to make your calories stretch as much as possible, you can omit the olive oil and parmesan cheese, but I wanted it to taste more like true alfredo sauce and less like pureed cauliflower... so I bit the bullet, and trust me: it really does make all the difference!

*THIS RECIPE WAS PICKY HUSBAND APPROVED!*

1/2 head cauliflower (about 4 cups florets)
    3/4 c broth (I used chicken)
    1/4-1/2 c milk (depending on how thick and creamy you prefer)
    1 T EVOO
    1/4 c Parmesan cheese
    1 clove minced garlic (sauteed) OR 1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder (or chopped onion)
    Parsley flakes to taste
    Salt and pepper to taste

Boil the cauliflower for 10 minutes until tender (I boiled it in broth for maximum flavor absorption :)), then transfer cauliflower to blender or food processor. Add broth and blend until very smooth. Add milk until desired consistency is reached. Add olive oil, cheese, garlic, onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Blend to combine. Serve hot.

Makes about 3 cups, the perfect amount for one box of pasta. Sauce freezes and thaws well. When reheating leftovers, add a few drops of milk and stir to make it creamy again... it tends to get a little dry over night.

This sauce is also a wonder base for casseroles and makes a wonderful addition to many other recipes! I think cauliflower is my new best friend.

When I made the sauce, it came out to 60 calories per 1/2 cup serving. Much better than alfredo sauce which has 500 calories per 1/2 cup serving!

Enjoy!
  • SithLordJane
    Options
    ag5.gif
  • SithLordJane
    Options
    fq5.gif
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Wait... someone needs to find a recipe for cauliflower tiramisu.
  • SithLordJane
    Options
    dapr.gif
  • SithLordJane
    Options
    8zt.gif
  • SithLordJane
    Options
    ve2.gif
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Do you think cauliflower could cancel out the negative effects of sugar???

I think we might be onto something here.