He honked at me and I instantly fell in love...

Options
124»

Replies

• michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    lemmie177 wrote: »
    Most the time, I assume honking is just crazy drivers, or I just don't think about it. BUT I always put my one earbud in the ear facing the street so they can assume I can't hear them. Leave the other one out for safety. For the hollerers, I'm working on perfecting my polite, but dismissive nod. Small enough to discourage interaction, but enough acknowledgement for any entitled ones with anger-management/ego issues.

There was one time a caravan of huge dump trucks was going through town and one of them pulled over honking. I was honestly worried the driver had a heart attack/stroke/seizure or something because he was gesturing kinda frantically and was blocking part of the street and the bike lane. But when I climbed onto the side to peer into the window, all he did was ask me out! Instantly flattered-appalled.

:o That's just crazy!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I walked from my office to Rite Aid across the street to drop off some eveleopes- I started my timer because they have been cracking down on us at work about "time arrived- time taken on breaks and time left"-
    From my desk to half way outside- was 3 minutes.

In that time I had not one but TWO People hollar at me out of their cars while I was walking.

Seriously. Why. it's annoying. And stupid.

Where they hangin' out the passenger side of their best friend's ride?
    Total scrubs.

I don't want your name.
  • heatherheyns
    heatherheyns Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I hate it. It is no different than catcalling, which is also a huge pet peeve. Just to add, you shouldn't have to justify yourself by explaining what you're wearing. I don't care if you are wearing booty shorts and a sports bra, it doesn't change that the behavior is unacceptable. The respect you deserve as a person isn't dependent on the clothing you wear.