Looking for teacher friends

Options
2»

Replies

• lsg1015
    lsg1015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm a HS English teacher (starting my 20th year!). We teachers have some special requirements for weight loss--namely TIME! Even our weekends are taken away with grading! Feel free to add me!
  • wenkin
    wenkin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Greetings, everyone! I'm a HS theatre teacher just starting her 4th year. Between prepping/grading for classes and theatre rehearsals, I barely have anytime for myself (luckily, I don't have any family!) so I'm not sure how well this whole trying to get in shape thing will work when the school year hits! I could totally use some people for motivation and support as well!
  • shareces
    shareces Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm a drama teacher.
  • Lizzizoo
    Lizzizoo Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello fellow teachers! I'm an Australian high school English teacher. I find it hard to stay healthy when there's yummy morning teas, and the school canteen isn't particularly healthy either, so I have to be really organised on the weekend if I'm to eat well during the week. At least it's wintertime here, so I've been making lots of chicken and veggie soups!
  • allstatemom
    allstatemom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am a Geometry teacher starting my 17th year in a few weeks. I have really enjoyed my summer but I am ready to get back into a routine. I gain 5 pounds every summer and usually lose it all by October. The bad news is I gained 5 pounds during the spring semester and 5 5 this summer so I am carrying around 10 pounds that I need to lose.

I'd love to have more teacher friends.
  • finallyat43
    Options
    I'm an a career changer and almost new elementary teacher starting my internship next week..Also new (again) to MFP. Would love some support from fellow teachers.
  • compass172
    compass172 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This was a great idea for a forum topic, I think anyone in the teaching/education/related fields could use some friends and support from others who work in the field.

I've had a pretty eclectic background. I've worked with adolescents with autism for about seven years and have also taught English in the inner city and work in secondary Special Education as a sub. While I would love a full time job in Special Education, specifically working with students with autism- I do love the work I do on a day to day basis. Working in an AS classroom one day and MDS the next really gives me perspective, inspiration, and the opportunity to positively impact these student's lives, if even for a day.

Add me if you'd like, I completely understand where you are coming from! :happy:
  • LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    High school science teacher here. Starting my 15th year of teaching AND mother of two littles ages 2.5 and 16 months. I would love friends who are used to juggling!
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I'm going in to my 4th year of 1st grade......... I need help with management and accountability, too. I do good in the summer and usually maintain during the 'year'. You know, the YEAR starts in August and ends in May. Why don't people GET me when I say 'this year'?? :grumble:

Forgot to mention I'm also a wife and mother of 2 children and 2 fur children.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Middle school social studies teacher. Yay summer!!!
  • allstatemom
    allstatemom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am a Geometry teacher starting my 17th year in a few weeks. I have really enjoyed my summer but I am ready to get back into a routine. I gain 5 pounds every summer and usually lose it all by October. The bad news is I gained 5 pounds during the spring semester and 5 5 this summer so I am carrying around 10 pounds that I need to lose.

I'd love to have more teacher friends.

I only gained 5 pounds this summer. Not 55. It was a good summer but not THAT good!
  • celcey
    celcey Posts: 32
    Options
    I've taught middle school math and science (reg & G/t) and now I am a Tech Coordinator. So I guess you can say I teach teachers.
    Trying to punch through the myth that everything is bigger in Texas.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Mrs__G
    Mrs__G Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone--I teach 7-12 grade Special Education in a small school. In August I will be starting my 18th year...I think. I would love to be friends with any of you who are looking for support and willing to support me on this weight loss journey. Enjoy the rest of the summer :happy: