90 Day Fitness & Food Challenge

Options

Replies

• aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Great job Rinde! Fingers cross for you tomorrow! Can't wait to hear your next goals! I know you will rock your Friday run! How many mile are you running now?
  • Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I am so excited I lost my Thanksgiving weight plus a little more. Yay!

Weight:
    Oct: 143
    Nov: 137.4

Goal was 4lbs and I lost 5.6. I'm gonna stick with my 4lb weightloss goal for December. Although my original goal was 135, I think I'm gonna shoot for 130 now. That would bring me to 133 by end of December.

Measurements:
    Chest: 36/35 = 1"
    Waist: 29.5/29= .5"
    Hips: 38.25/37= 1.25"

Really pleased with loss in hips. A little surprised I didn't lose more from waist, but I'm not complaining.

As to my running, I am really doggin' it to run at an easy, conversational pace. Monday's pace was 11:55 per mile and Wednesday's was 12:12. Covered 2.05 miles in 25 minutes yesterday. Even though I know it's ridiculous, I'm still comparing myself to my 30 yr old self and how much faster I was then. I know I'm starting from scratch which I never had to do years ago so in addition to the years, my conditioning is poor. Sometimes it's just tough being patient. Have 2 months to my race so still time for lots of improvement.
  • aliem
    Options
    So I went to the doctor today and they told me for the time being, I need to stop trying to lose weight. If I lose a few pounds here or there, that is fine, and eventually I will be able to continue my weight loss journey. So I guess I am eating at maintenance. Still very worried I will wind up gaining weight. So my goal for this month will be to stay at 127.4 (if I lose a pound or two, that is great, but it can't be my focus). I am really hoping that I won't gain when I up my calories. I know I probably will gain a bit when I first start to, since the easiest way to eat more is to add more carbs, since my protein and fat are already pretty high. Plus, I can focus on body fat %, which will still keep the inches going, just not the weight. I have a handheld monitor and yesterday I was at 27.1% That is down from 30.5% on 10/7. Now I know the handheld is not the most accurate way, so when I have been doing it weekly, it fluctuates a bit. But the trend has been downward, so that is great! I am not sure what a reasonable body fat % goal is for the month, but I think 26.1% might be a good goal. Will keep me focused on not going too crazy (especially during the holidays). My ultimate goal is to break into the teens! TRX last night was great! Gold Barre tonight! I really love the Barre classes so I am excited!

Rinde - You are so awesome! I am sure you can hit 130! Hopefully only a few more months until you are at maintenance! I can't believe you lost so many inches this month and lost more than 5 pounds! Seems like your work outs and diet are really working! You running is really great! That is still a pretty good pace! Way to go!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Hope you're okay! Sticking with maintenance won't be too bad as you'll be able to focus more on gaining muscle mass for the time being and it will take the pressure off trying to lose during more holiday action. I've read that it's tricky, however, to lose fat and build muscle at the same time. I have no idea either what % is reasonable to lose in a month. Do you have one of those body mass testing eggs (sorry, forgot the name of it) in your area? If so, it's supposed to be the most accurate test these days and it's not too expensive. I'm thinking about getting tested at 130 and then in another 4 to 6 months after more weightlifting. In any case, you'll be fitness model material if you get to the teens!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    I did it! Ran my 30 minutes with no problems. Felt pretty good while running and even better when I finished.
  • aliem
    Options
    Don't worry! I am completely fine. Just need to lay off the dieting for a while. Yesterday did not go well at all at maintenance. I ate way over. Hopefully I can stay on track for the rest of the day (and more importantly the weekend.) Did not wind up going to Barre last night. I was kinda disappointed in myself since I really love the class, but I was so tired and went to bed at 8 pm instead. Today is yoga. I missed this morning's class, but I am determined to go to the evening one. Plus it will cut down on the amount of traffic. I am sure we do have the dunk tanks, but I am so far away that just seeing the downward trend on the handheld monitor is good enough for me. Maybe once I get to the low 20s, I will spend the money to get it done for real. Definitely not trying to get far into the teens, but I know what I looked like at 19% and I would be extremely happy to get close to that! I totally think that you should try it out though! I am glad you knocked out your 30 minutes with no problems! I am sure you can hit your next goal soon! What pace are you aiming for your 5k?
  • Rinde99
    Options
    I can sympathize with the 8pm bedtime. I've been feeling that way on and off for the past month. Went to bed at 9:30 myself last night. I'm glad to hear you're okay. I went over my calorie allotment yesterday celebrating my grandson's 13th bithday. Thought I had enough in reserve from eating low for breakfast and lunch, but the fried chicken, chips, wine, and an Oreo cupcake did me in.

For the 5k in February I am hoping to run 35 minutes which is an 11:15 pace. Then I going to run another 6 weeks later and I hope to lower whatever I run initially by a couple of minutes. My goal is to run a sub-30 minute 5k and later with more distance and speedwork I hope to run a 25 minute race. According to info I read, a 20 minute 5k at 30 is equivalent to 25 minutes at 60 so that's my big goal. Have no idea how long it will take me to get there though. Could be a year or more. I'm thinking it may take me 2 years to be the fastest I can be and then age will slow me down after that point.
  • aliem
    Options
    OH well! One day should not mess you up. Oreo cupcakes sound amazing! Your running goals sound amazing! I am sure you are going to run a 25 minutes race soon! You are so dedicated! Also, I am sure, losing these last few pounds will definitely help a bit!

So the 8 pm bedtime will likely happen a lot more for the next few months. I found out last week that I am pregnant! I was waiting to say something until after the families were told and such. Now some friends know, and I figured it would help to explain my slacking off for a while....I have been struggling to find a balance in my diet, but did a bit better yesterday. Had to cancel my rowing class this morning and opted for a slow/moderate pace on the treadmill and stationary bike, because I was not feeling well. Powered through it though. I will definitely keep up with the fitness. TRX on Sunday was really hard to push through, but I did it. Hoping for a good week.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Oh. My. Gosh! That's phenomenal! Congratulations and best wishes! I hope you have a smooth and easy pregnancy. Wonderful news. Yes, the early bedtimes might continue through the first trimester. Hope you felt better as the day progressed.

Today I ran 3 miles in a little over 36 minutes so that was positive. Wasn't my best run but felt better towards the last 10 minutes. My food was a little off this weekend as in over so hopefully I'll be more diligent this week.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Finally back to weights and yoga! Yay! Did 36 minutes lifting plus 24 minutes yoga. Now just have to keep it up. Ate better yesterday and should be on track today. Haven't weighed myself since the 1st so I hope I haven't gained. Will weigh-in on Friday and face the music.
  • aliem
    Options
    Congrats! You are so awesome. I am glad you are back doing your weights and yoga! Also, thank you so much. I will weigh in on Saturday. I am going to be moving in the next few weeks, so I don't have access to my scale right now. I will try to bring it down with me this weekend! I am not very hopeful for my weigh in. I am sure that I have gained more than I should (since I really should only gain a few pounds my first trimester) My fiance has been shoving food into me (and some of it is just me doing it to myself) I hope I am not back in 130s, but I would not be surprised. Barre class this evening! I am excited!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Yes, being pregnant does put the lbs on. Think I gained 30 some for my first and then 40 for my second. Didn't have any trouble losing the weight, however. Glad you're enjoying barre so much. I tried it at home a few times.

Ran another 3 miles but picked up the pace a little today and ran over a minute faster than Monday. Felt pretty good all things considered. I should be getting my new running schedule from trainer tomorrow. Going to be doing a long run at easy pace plus speed work at faster pace to improve my 3 mile time. Also adding a 4th day of running starting this Saturday. I'm really looking forward to it!

Hoping for a 1/2lb loss on Friday, but won't be too bummed if I'm still at 12/1 weight of 137.4. I ate on track yesterday and should be good again today. Can't wait to get to 135! Yippee!
  • aliem
    Options
    Well I did not make it to barre last night (had some blood drawn and was extra tired). I think for a while I need to change to morning workouts. My commute has shortened enough that I can be at the gym at say 7 and work out. I did make it to the gym this morning. Pushed through 30 minutes of stationary bike. Definitely better than nothing!

Rinde - You are doing great! That is pretty much a 5k! I am glad you are stepping it up and enjoying it! Fingers crossed for Friday. I am sure you will get there!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Couldn't wait till Friday so I weighed myself this am and I'm down to 135.8! So happy!
  • aliem
    Options
    Great job! You are so close to your original goal! Soon you will pass me and I started less than you!!!! I am a little worried. Weighed myself after a big breakfast and was only at 127.4 (I usually weigh first thing in the morning.) That means I have lost a bit of weight in the last 8 days, since that was what I weighed on the 30th. Should not have lost too much, but I felt stuffed every day this week. There was never a second I was even a little bit hungry. And I have swapped in some higher calorie items like bagels and cream cheese that double my breakfast calories! I know it seems silly to complain about being able to eat more, but I thought for sure I would be up a bit, because there were definitely days I was over my calorie goals!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    That seems strange that you would be down after eating more. Of course, I've been eating more since I last weighed myself and I'm down, too. So who knows? It is a tad odd for both of us.

My trainer gave me my new schedule today. Yippee! I'm doing a speed workout tomorrow (if you can call it that) and 4 miles on Saturday. I'm gonna build the speed workouts to 3 miles of faster intervals and the slow runs to 6 miles over the next 2 months and then taper for my 5k on 2/4. Should be fun!

Did my weights and yoga today for hour total and food is on track.
  • aliem
    Options
    Spent 30 minutes on the stationary bike today. Hopefully I can start going back to some of my classes soon, but I just have been so exhausted. Food has been healthy (though none of it home cooked). Definitely needed to get back on the veggie train. I realized I had been eliminating some veggies to have more calorie dense items. I should definitely be eating lots of veggies though! I had like 5 cups of spinach today in a salad to make up for some of it and a huge helping of fruit!

Great job Rinde! I hope your speed workout went well! 4 miles seems like so much, but I am sure you are ready. You have been doing a lot of training! Great job with the weights.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Time for bed and I forgot to post earlier. Did my speed workout this afternoon. Was fun but I ran faster than I was supposed to, which isn't such a bad thing to me. However, trainer wants me running intervals at a certain pace. Going to try to get up early tomorrow am for group run at 7. Weather report says it will be 31 degrees then. Chilly!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    I did it! Got up and ran the 4 miles. Plus, I weighed in this morning at 135!!!! Yowzers, I'm at my goal!! So happy for both accomplishments.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Weighed in this morning as well and down to 134.4. Wow!