90 Day Fitness & Food Challenge

Options
becs3578
becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
Decided I need to refocus my efforts this fall and a 90 day Challenge seemed like the best way. Anyone that would like to join is welcome.

My story.... Spent all my life dealing with food and weight issues and most of that time being somewhat or very overweight. 4 years ago I finally said enough was enough. Over a 2 year span I lose 50 lbs and have kept it off for 2 years (With a few fluctuations of 5-8 lbs or so here and there). Right now I am trying to break out of my plateau. I would like the scale to move a little more but more importantly I have to lower my BODY FAT % and gain more lean muscle...re-sculpting my body along with giving a renewed focus on working on my core strength.

On August 1st I will weigh and then set my guidelines on how I plan to break up the challenge. I plan on weighing once a week on Thursday (always been my weigh in day) and then ever 30 days really study my results and make any tweaks to my fitness and food that I feel need to be made.

Right now I am doing a mixture of classes at the gym. BodyPump, BodyFlow, BodyCombat and tennis once a week. I also add in elliptical during the week either after class or on days I cant make a class. I have really gotten out of my WORKOUT SCHEDULE that I had created and want to make it a priority. I AM WORTH IT.

Monday I will post my weight, my goals for each 30 day section of the 90 day challenge, my food plan and my planned workout schedule. Being a small business owner things sometimes come up but I am plan on being at close to perfect with the plan as I can!

Here's to the next 90 day!!!!

BECS
(37 year old small business owner and loser of 50 lbs)

Replies

• becs3578
    Options
    Roksfarm - awesome ma'am. I'm stoked. Tomorrow I'm Eating leftovers and at my folks tomorrow and then prepping all my healthy stuff to be ready for Monday! Day 1 here we come.
  • terrinicolefit
    terrinicolefit Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'll join ya! I decided that when school starts (I'm a teacher) that I would get back into my clean eating and exercise routine! Looking to lose body fat this fall without falling off the bandwagon this time!!!
  • sherrielynn70
    sherrielynn70 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you!
  • becs3578
    Options
    Great guys.... Welcome.

How about tomorrow everyone post their goals and plans for 30,60,90 days!
  • BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine asked me to do a 30 day challenge with her BeachBody group, so I'll be doing that for August, but I need to get my food back in line. I know my issue has been the afternoon/evenings and eating more than I planned/prepared for the day and also I find I have a lot of calorie creep.....wanting to create some big deficits to be losing again, so I think this group will be good.

Plan for 7/31-8/6 - Exercise: start of 30 day challenge, run 2-3 times this week for at least 20 minutes
    Food: lessen my carb intake and focus on heavy veggie incorporation, drink water/non calorie beverage in the afternoon before dinner to curb possible snacking, and post-dinner walk/journaling/non-food related activities following dinner to avoid additional calories.
  • becs3578
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Becs DAY 1 of the 90 Day Challenge

It was worse than I feared but I did it to myself with 3 weeks of horrendous emotional over eating.

I am up 10 lbs from a month ago. Yes you heard that correctly. I think 2-3 of those lbs are major bloat from the weekend. I ate mac and cheese out of a box, ben and jerrys, pastries, fried rice, and more. It was horrible.

So today I am 139.2 and my measurements are at followings.
    Chest 35" / Waist 28.5" / Hip 35.75" / Thigh 21"/ Calf 14.25" / Arm 10.5"
    I plan on weighing ever Thursday morning and measurements every 30 days.

Goals for the Challenge
    Phase 1 (Day 1-30) - 131 Goal weight since I think the first few lbs should come off rather fast.
    Phase 2 (Day 31 -60) - 124.5 Goal weight
    Phase 3 (Day 61-90) - 120 Goal Weight

This equates to about 1.5 lbs a week.

WORKOUT PLAN is as follows

Monday - Bodypump + Elliptical
    Tuesday - Tennis + Elliptical
    Wednesday - Bodypump + Elliptical
    Thursday - (Rest Day Or) BodyCombat and/or Elliptical
    Friday - Bodypump + Elliptical
    Saturday - (Rest Day Or) BodyCombat and/or Elliptical
    Sunday - Bodyflow + Elliptical

FOOD PLAN
    High Healthy Fat / Medium Lean Protein / Lower Carb ... Which will include chicken, eggs, avocado, string cheese, greek yogurt, sweet potato, and misc veggies for 80-90% of my meals a week.

So there it is in black and white. Where I am, where I want to be and my plan on how I am going to get there!

BRING ON THE CHALLENGE.... LET THE BEAST MODE BEGIN!!!!!

nqnuoxvl3azw.jpg

PS: MY NEW MUSCLE TANKS!!! Has to start the new challenge with a little new gear!

• becs3578
    Options
    Becs Day 2 of the 90 Day Challenge

So I was right on the bloating from so much bread, pasta and sugar this weekend.

Yesterday 139.2 and today 136.4. So I am going to use the 136.4 as my "real" start weight.

Yesterday I ate well all day and got to a BodyPump class and then 30 mins of elliptical. A good first day.

Today's plan.... Eat well and then this evening 45 mins of elliptical and then a one hour tennis lesson that should leave me dripping wet! Burn baby burn.

****Today is my 910 day on MFP... So I will hit 1000 days on MFP at the end of this challenge. Hoping for a big 1000 day with lots of goals achieved!!!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    I may like to play. I fell of the wagon a few months ago and I'm dealing with a few health issues that has caused me to put on about 15 pounds since mid-April. Hopefully I can get enough inspiration to get myself back on track.
    Thanks.
  • becs3578
    Options
    Becs Day 3 of the 90 day challenge

Down to 134.6 (4.6 lbs since Monday) which means most of that was bloat and water weight. I have been eating around 1250 calories and my meals and snacks are below. This higher healthy fat, medium protein, low carb meal plan keep me not crazy hungry during the day. A higher carb eating plan I was on before with more shakes and rice cakes..... Yeah I was always hungry then!

*** start my morning with 1 scoop of spark in 20
    Oz of water. Before I leave for work I am trying to consume Atleast 40 oz of water!

Breakfast - egg, bacon, sweet potato scramble

Snacks - lit and fit vanilla Greek yogurt, spring cheese

**** 1 scoop of spark in 20oz of water (back to drinking a lot more water during my days. Definitely makes me feel better. I still enjoy a Diet Coke :).

Lunch - 4 oz of avocado, 4 oz of grilled chicken

Dinner - (this meal changes a bit during the week, but the rest of the meals will be the same) last night - 4 oz salmon, 3 cups fresh spinach, 3 artichoke bottoms, 1/4 cup of store bought Alfredo sauce, 1 tablespoon of shredded parmessan.

Last nights tennis lesson cancelled (so Sad) so I went to a Bodyflow class and then 32 mins on the elliptical.

With the first 4.6 lbs coming off fast because they were really water weight and bloat and I am hoping to be 130 or below by my first 30 days!

Onward and upward.

• DWBalboa
    Options
    So I didn't actually post any stats the other day so here they are:
    Starting weight 196
    Current weight 194
    My water intake has gone to crap so I will track that and any activity I can manage.
    My main objective is to get my eating readjusted for a much lower calorie burn, I was easily losing with 2500 plus calories a day but with my lower activity level I need to find the sweet spot again.
    Due to a medical setback I don't have much energy or strength so I will try the following:
    1.5-2 minute plank
    30 bodyweight squats
    30 pushups
    30 crunches
    1 minute side plank ea side.
    and I'll dust of my old ab roller if I can find it.
    Ill try some light weight curls and a few kettle bell lifts too.
    No matter what you goals are or what your plan is, good luck to all.
  • becs3578
    Options
    DWbalboa - thanks for joining. With your illness I am so impressed with your determination. Slow and steady and make sure you keep Taking care of yourself. Also I am all about planking. I can't do push ups because of a wrist issue so when they do them in the classes I take I just plank. Work on making ever sec of the plank count.
  • becs3578
    Options
    Becs Day 4 of the 90 day challenge

Weight same as yesterday which is fine since the scale was crazy the last few days. My goal by next Thursday's weigh in is 133.

Got in a body pump class and 32 mins on elliptical last night. But I was so exhausted after I knew I was not gonna cook. So I got "grilled chicken nuggets" from chick-Fil-a and then had some Greek yogurt with some special k cereal sprinkled on top. Dinner of champions. Ha.

Got up early today and headed to the gym for a 45 mins elliptical workout because I have "family dinner night" at my folks this evening. Fingers crossed that I can keep my eating under control. My folks house and their cooking is my kryptonite.

Happy Thursday!
  • DWBalboa
    Options
    becs3578 wrote: »
    DWbalboa - thanks for joining. With your illness I am so impressed with your determination. Slow and steady and make sure you keep Taking care of yourself. Also I am all about planking. I can't do push ups because of a wrist issue so when they do them in the classes I take I just plank. Work on making ever sec of the plank count.

Your welcome and thank you for your kind words, I am certainly trying to take care of myself but we still have not ID'ed the source of the issue. So like you stated, slow and steady until we figure it out.

The wrist can be a pain, I've had a few wrist issues too so I get that. I hope it is something that is on the mend.

Best wishes.
  • DWBalboa
    Options
    I was not able to exercise last night, After running a two hour soccer practice I just had no energy.

I think I am going to start a written journal which may help motivate me and make tracking easier.

No matter, I will do my list above today. and I will incorporate it into a morning ritual.

1.5-2 minute plank
    30 bodyweight squats
    30 pushups
    30 crunches
    1 minute side plank ea side.
    and I'll dust of my old ab roller if I can find it.
    I'll try some light weight curls and a few kettle bell lifts too.

I plan to do weigh-ins once a week.
  • becs3578
    Options
    Becs Day 5 of the 90 day challenge.

Dinner at the folks last night wasn't perfect but could have been worse. So that is something. That is me cheat for the week.

Got up this morning and tired before I even started my day. Definitely looking forward to the rest day from the gym on Saturday. I need it. Worked till 4:15 and headed to the gym for body pump class and then 33 mins on the elliptical.

I am now home and typing this on my phone while sitting in my car. Even standing up and walking into my home sounds tiring. Ugh.

Tonight healthy dinner and very early to bed.

Tomorrow I work all day but no workout. My body needs the break. Haven't missed the gym for 7 days and I'm worn out.
  • becs3578
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »

I think I am going to start a written journal which may help motivate me and make tracking easier.

No matter, I will do my list above today. and I will incorporate it into a morning ritual.

I plan to do weigh-ins once a week.

DWBalboa I think the journal is an awesome idea. This thread is kinda like my journal currently. And I love that you are going the morning ritual. I am soooo not a morning person. ;)

Ps; after handling a two hour soccer practice I would have been done too.

• lilawenta
    lilawenta Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Have already started August strong! Here are my stats so far.

Starting weight: 222 : Current weight: 214
    • Aug 1: 1527 calories consumed, 1668 burned (45 mins Tabata, 14 mile bike, 3 mile run)
    • Aug 2: 1719 calories consumed, 1110 burned (18.5 mile bike, 2.7 mile run)
    • Aug 3: 1667 calories consumed, 1423 burned (9.5 mile bike, 2.6 mile run, .5 mile swim)
    • Aug 4: 2147 calories consumed, 1180 burned (14 mile bike, 3 mile run, 20 mins arm strength training)
    • Aug 5: 1726 calories consumed, 1180 burned (18.6 mile bike, 20 min row)
  • becs3578
    Options
    lilawenta wrote: »
    I'm in too! Have already started August strong! Here are my stats so far.

Starting weight: 222 : Current weight: 214
    • Aug 1: 1527 calories consumed, 1668 burned (45 mins Tabata, 14 mile bike, 3 mile run)
    • Aug 2: 1719 calories consumed, 1110 burned (18.5 mile bike, 2.7 mile run)
    • Aug 3: 1667 calories consumed, 1423 burned (9.5 mile bike, 2.6 mile run, .5 mile swim)
    • Aug 4: 2147 calories consumed, 1180 burned (14 mile bike, 3 mile run, 20 mins arm strength training)
    • Aug 5: 1726 calories consumed, 1180 burned (18.6 mile bike, 20 min row)

Great job. Those are some intense workouts. You are doing fantastic.

• becs3578
    Options
    Becs Day 6 of the 90 Day Challenge

Today is my rest day. And I need it. After work and then my evening workout.. I ended up in bed at home feeling terrible. I was queasy, excessively tired and just feeling rough. I had worked out so hard I knew I needed to eat but I knew I could keep down much. Very time for some toast or crackers... but I don't keep that in my place anymore. So I ate salted cashews (more salt than I am use too at bed time).

Better today but still tired and worn out. Today is my rest day from the gym. Normally at it on Thursday which I prefer. Because of the change this week I worked out 7 days in a row and I think my body had had enough.

Tonight I will rest, eat a light dinner and get some good sleep. Plan is to hit the gym for 30-40 mins of elliptical and then a BODY FLOW class.