90 Day Fitness & Food Challenge

Options

Replies

• aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you guys had a great weekend and Monday! Last night I food prepped most of my week. Trying to get through all of that yogurt today and tomorrow, because I start my Whole30 on the 1st! Time to get really serious. I will probably do my measurements/weigh in on Thursday, instead of tomorrow with you guys so that I can look at it throughout the Whole30. Plus I am still trying to get rid of the weekend weight....I am still up from my last check in. Hopefully by Thursday I will at least be where I was last week! This morning I had hard boiled eggs, an Activia (I really should not have bought so many of these even though they were on killer sale) and breakfast salad (cucumbers, celery, cantaloupe, nectarines and coconuts). Lunch will be ground chicken red sauce over roasted cauliflower and zucchini. Once again, I'll have a yogurt for a snack and dinner will be a salad. On Thursday, I will just have to strip out the yogurts and I will be compliant with my Whole30.

I did my circuits this morning and walked a bunch. Tonight will be a interval run night.

I really like Whole30. It is pretty restrictive. It is a most restrictive version of Paleo, but it isn't meant to be a lifetime thing unless you really like the benefits. Each meal you need a protein (Any animal proteins. There are some they consider better for you than other. They also have a vegetarian version that has slightly different rules), lots of veggies and limited fruit (potatoes are fine if you are working out and need the carbs), and a healthy fat (avocados, nuts, etc.) Most additives are not allowed along with grains, alcohol, dairy, legumes and sugars (including agave, honey etc.). It helps you be more aware of what is in the prepackaged foods you buy (who knew there was sugar in bacon!) and what your body needs to be both full and happy. It also is meant to help you see how certain food groups affect your body. I found out that no food group negatively affects my body, with the exception of added sugars, which I already knew. But like I stated yesterday, the high protein, high healthy fat diets I do really well on, so I am using it more as a reset than the previous things that I mentioned. Also, at least out here in California, you can do it for pretty cheap cause there is so much produce (avocados 3 for $1 this week, yay!)

Becs - It gets hot here too. We just don't have the humidity, so it makes it soooooo much more pleasant. I have also never been to Louisiana. What is Body Combat? I am glad you got to splurge a little this weekend. I can't believe phase one is almost over for you! Mine doesn't end until next week, but I am pretty behind so I am nervous. Sounds like you have been really on top of it for the last week or so though! Hopefully your date goes really well (and football)! Can't wait to hear how it goes! Hopefully you will go somewhere with some reasonable options! Looking to hear about your results!

Rinde - You are kicking butt! I love how you are getting your hour done in so many ways. That must keep it interesting. I have heard good things about HIIT and Zumba. Sounds like you are also making progress on your protein intake. It just takes some time to get use to, but at least for me, it works really well! Keep it up! Hopefully your results reflect all of your hard work!
  • aliem
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the date, but it is better to know now that to have to drive all the way there and find out in person. Especially if they seem sketchy. That could wind up being unsafe! But now you can have a relaxing weekend, which is always the best!
  • Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Bummer about the date, Becs. But a bad vibe before even meeting the guy is all you need to know. Good to go with your gut!

Thanks for all the info about Whole30, Aliem. I enjoyed your post. You're gonna do great!

Did a good job on my macros today. Up to 28% on the protein. And for all the fruit I eat, I was under my sugar as well.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Couldn't wait for my daily post to log my August results. So here goes:

August 1 weight: 168
    August 31 weight: 157.6
    Goal: 6 lbs
    Actual: 10.4 lbs

August 1 measurements: 37-34-42.5
    August 31 measurements: 37.5-31.5-41

Yay! I'm really pleased with phase 1 results.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Rinde99 - you killed it!!! So proud of you. Those are some gastric results! Onward and upward to phase 2!

Becs day 31 of the 90 day challenge!

Phase 1 results....

Start / Results

Weight - 139.2 / 132 - lost 7.2 (but about 3 of those I lost pretty quickly so I think some of it was bloat)
    Chest - 35 / 34 - lost 1 in
    Waist - 28.5 / 26.75 - lost 1.75
    Hips - 35.75 / 35 - lost .75
    Arms - 10.5 / 10.5 - same size but I think they look more toned a bit.
    Calves - 14.25 / 14 - .5 both leg total
    Thighs - 21 / 19.5 - 3 both leg total

Total: 7.2 lbs and 7 inches lost on my body!

My goal weight was 131 so didn't make it but definitely feeling much better after phase one. I am editing my phase two goal to 126. That would be 5 lbs and at my size I think anything more than that is not smart!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Wow, Becs! Fantastic results! Way to go on whittling that waist down! You should be really proud of yourself. Yes, weight loss needs to be lowered the closer you get to goal weight. Good job to recognize it...I find it really difficult to do so.

And thanks much for the encouragement! I really appreciate it! Phase 2 here we come!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Great work Bec! I haven't taken my measurements in a long time. Until I took my waist today. YIKES +3 inches up since April. Need to get back to accurate logging of my intake. Hopefully I can get my butt back in the gym soon.
    I'll try and take full body measurements soon an post it for accountability.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    1 hour in the books: 30 minutes cardio, 6 minutes 30 Day Fitness Challenge, and 25 minutes yoga. Feels good to be done; I'm a little sore from yesterday's body resistance workout.

Think I'll try to make a high protein dinner tonight with tofu, beans, quinoa, a Greek yogurt sauce, and veggies. Should be tasty, if I don't say so myself!

And still pumped from losing 10lbs and 2.5 inches from my waist! Yahoo!
  • aliem
    Options
    You guys are sooooo awesome! I will post mine tomorrow when I kick off the whole30. I will for sure be up from last week, because I am a pound and a half up today. Hopefully I can knock that down a bit. I am currently four pounds behind my phase 1 (mine doesn't end until next week for reasons explained in my first post), so hopefully I can catch up! Trying to focus on the pounds I have lost! Today is going to be a busy day at work. Did my circuits and some walking. Hopefully I can get a run in if I am not home too late. Same food as yesterday!

Rinde - CONGRATS! Way to be ahead of your goal! You should be really proud! Also, way to go on being done with your workout! Dinner sounds yummy!

Becs - WOW! 7 pounds and 7 inches! That is quite a lot. Even though you did not hit your goal, you were sooooo close! 5 pounds in one month is still a very lofty goal! I know you will make it!
  • becs3578
    Options
    Becs Day 32 of the 90 day challenge

Weighed today because technically thursday are my weigh in day. I was up .4 lbs from last week.. but I know bodies can fluxuate but man I never like to be UP after a week. Just have to keep plugging away. Went to Body Pump last night and had a good class. Didnt do my 30 of elliptical after. This week I stopped doing it so I could go home and work on ornaments.. Probably need to add that back in next week again.

Today is my rest day.

ALIEM - Can't wait to hear about you kick off of whole30. And I am always up after travel. Takes me about a week or more to take it off... With my vacation this year and then 2 weeks of emotional over eating after that... I am still taking it off.. oops!

RINDE99 - 10 lbs and 2.5 inches in your waist is amazing. You killed it during phase one. I need to add in a few more things like you are. I want to start doing just a little something in the mornings when I get up. Which means I need to get up earlier.. and fyi ... if I havent mentioned.. I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!

This weekend will be interesting for me. I am eating out or with family atleast once on friday, saturday and monday. Going to do my best.. but for the football game I am just going to eat and enjoy.. NOT gonna log food and stress on Saturday. Gonna watch my LSU tigers and eat flautas and chicken wings with the crew!

WOrkouts are questionable tomorrow since i have to go to the football game directly after work.. so many try something at home tomorrow AM, Saturday Body Combat, Sunday Elliptical and ABS, and Monday the gym is offering limited things so there is a 9:30 mixed cardio class by the SCARY BUT GOOD instructor.. Think I am gonna take that one!

• Rinde99
    Options
    Rinde Day 32!

Today's hour was 3 sets of body resistance for 25 minutes and yoga for 35 minutes. Tomorrow I'm gonna kick it up a notch and try a YouTube 45 minute cardio workout instead of my usual 30. Should be fun! I have a new goal of completing a FitnessBlender 1000 calorie workout...not that it will actually be that many calories for me. I just want to increase my endurance and cardiovascular fitness. Plus goals are huge motivators for me.

Ate my high protein dinner last night and finished again at 28% protein for the day. I have leftovers so I'll be eating it again tonight and hoping to reach the 30% mark.

Aliem: Really looking forward to hearing how day 1 of Whole30 goes for you. Hope your stats go well for you today, too. I think it's not just the extra calories we consume on vacation but the increased sodium that makes our weight go up. Hopefully you'll be back on a downward trend and meet your goals next week.

Becs: Sounds like you have the weekend planned enough to keep the calories somewhat under control. (And by the way, Go Gators! Chomp!) Seriously, I hope you have a wonderful time at the game. As for doing something small in the am, you could try the 30 Day Fitness Challenge app. Only takes a couple of minutes to start and builds a little every day. I'm on day 14 and it takes me approx. 6 minutes to complete.

• aliem
    Options
    Starting Weight: 144.6 pounds
    Goal Weight by Sept 8 (my phase 1): 135.1 pounds

Today's Weight: 140.4! A little up from last week, but waaaaayyyyyy less than Monday. I am still losing it pretty quickly so hopefully by the end of the week I will back at it!

Measurements:
    Waist - 27.5 / Chest - 38 / Hips - 39.5 / Thighs - 24 / Calf - 15 / Arm - 12.5 - They are exactly what they were last week, which is good news since I am up a little bit. Wearing a dress today that I couldn't a month ago (still a little tight, but laundry day is Saturday so it has to work!) Hopefully there will be some good news next Thursday when my phase 1 ends....

Food wise, same as yesterday, except....No more yogurt! After like 2 weeks straight of consuming one to two a day, i am soooooo glad I can't eat it! Did add in a nectarine, changed the dressing on my salad and will be adding more chicken to my salad to make up the calories. Did my circuits this morning and walked a bunch. Have not decided what I am going to do tonight. Might run intervals again or pop in a dance work out video to mix it up. I need to start stepping up my morning workout. I am sooooo ready for the weekend! Going to go hiking on Saturday, so I am pretty excited about that. Might do a picnic on the beach on Monday. Probably brunch before everyone gets there.

Rinde - Congrats. Hope you enjoyed your dinner. I have never done a FitnessBlender workout. It sounds like fun. Maybe I will try one, one of these days.

Becs - You have a jammed pack weekend. There are always some better choices at football games, like a hot dog. I am sure you will handle it like a champ. You definitely should not log your Saturday. Just chalk it up as a cheat day! You deserve it with all of the progress you made.
  • aliem
    Options
    Finished my day with a 30 minute exercise video. I think my abs are going to be sore tomorrow....
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Rinde Day 33

First off, winds are picking up as Hermione heads our way. We've had bands of rain since last night, but hopefully things won't get too crazy this afternoon as storm approaches.

Second item, I have 1 week to go to a very big birthday. How big? Well, my daughters are 37 and 35, to give you a clue. Not much to do about it but enjoy it which I plan to do! Having a family party next Thursday and am going out with friends on Friday. Hopefully, Thursday meal won't be too high in calories cause I really intend to celebrate on Friday, including numerous cocktails Whoopee! (60 is the answer!)

Okay, moving on. Finished with my hour. The 45 minute video I intended to do turned out to be 40 with a 5 minute stretch at the end so I skipped the cool down and settled for 40 which was fine. Took a few moments to catch my breath and moved right to 30 Day Fitness Challenge for 7 minutes followed by 14 minutes of yoga.

I reached 30% on my protein yesterday although that last TBSP of almond butter raised my fat to 32%. Still pleased with my efforts.

Aliem: good job on ditching the yogurt and finishing your 1st day of Whole30. Are you going beyond 30 days? And nice job finishing up with exercise...way to get it done! Also, glad to hear your weight is down post weekend.
  • aliem
    Options
    Food is the same as yesterday. Did my circuits and walking this morning. Stepped up my circuits from 30 mins to 35 mins. Plan to keep increasing it, but I am pretty sore from last night. It is almost the weekend so I am pretty excited about that. It is supposed to be a beautiful 73 degrees and sunny this weekend so I plan to be outside for some of it!

Rinde - I hope Hermione does not cross your path and the weather clears up. Don't worry too much about your birthday. My grandmother always tells me that birthday cake doesn't have any calories anyway! I have not decided if I will go beyond the 30 days (minus the Seattle trip that includes my birthday.) I think it will depend on how much I drop. If I am behind or slowing down, I will probably stick to it (or at least 5 days a week) through the end of the challenge. I need to catch up to you guys!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Looks like we got off easy. Coastal winds pushed storm west of us. Debris down from trees and 2 people I know have trees down on their properties but no damage for me. Yay!
  • becs3578
    Options
    Rinde99 so glad you are doing ok.

Aliem - Great job!

Becs Day 33 of the 90 day challenge

Sorry this is short and sweet guys. Been a NOT FUN day. Dealing with a lot of work stress. I am a small business owner. IN the middle of a trademark lawsuit (big bucks to the attorneys), leaking AC problem and trying not to totally go crazy. Didnt get the gym today because tonight I am going to see my nieces dance at the high school football game. Ate within calories but no workout.

Tomorrow body combat and then going to watch the football game at my folks.. Food is FLAUTAS and CHICKEN WINGS... thank good I will burn about 500 calories at body combat!

PS: Have a lot more to say.. but heading out to the game.. you guys are killing it this week and I am definitely the weak link.. I promise I will be better next week!!!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Day 34: Felt somewhat fatigued and a little stiff this am. Debated whether to take a rest day but finally got in gear and cranked out another workout for 63 minutes total. Did 10 minutes HIIT and moved right into body resistance for 23 minutes. Took a water break and finished up with 1/2 hour of yoga. Hopefully, I'll be sensible and take the day off tomorrow.

Still on track with eating...29% protein yesterday.
    My best friend is coming over to my house this afternoon for dinner and a movie. We're having a red sauce with roasted veggies and spiralized zucchini instead of pasta for dinner. I'll probably add some tofu or veggie sausage to get some protein in there. Should be tasty!

Becs: sorry to hear about your Friday. Hope the day was salvaged with your nieces' performance. That Body Combat workout should make up for no exercise yesterday. Wow, 500 calories! Have fun at the parents' house!

Alien: hope you get that hike in!
  • aliem
    Options
    Hike was cancelled. Still did my circuits and tons of walking. Definitely using today as a rest day. Got lots a healthy food for the weekend. Lots of salad and veggies!

Rinde - great job. Way to crank through a rest day and stay active. Dinner sounds great. I actually prefer the zucchini to the pasta (weird I know, but it's soooo good!) enjoy!
  • becs3578
    Options
    Becs day 34 and 35 of the 90 day challenge.

I'm sore from BodyCombat yesterday but that class does give me confidence. Having said that I was pretty drained yesterday. About 10 mins into the class I thought " I can't do this " but by 30 mins in my body was on auto Pilot. Really feeling my back and shoulder today!

Eating yesterday was what I thought it would be. Not so good but could have been worse.

Today I slept in. Just felt like my body needed it. Heading to the gym in a little bit for elliptical. Today's focus after that is cleaning my home, getting organized for my week and working on ornaments.

Going to attempt to add some short morning workouts this week. On days I do bodypump, I am going to try to row for 20-30 in the morning. On days I plan on doing elliptical at the gym I plan on doing some short HIIT workouts at home. Read a great article about split double workouts. So that would mean I would t be staying at the gym after body pump For elliptical in the evening. Not a morning person but want to try this. This week dinners are gonna be chicken taco lettuce cups (not taco shells). So yummy marinaded chicken, pick de gallo, lettuce, roasted corn and a little bit of sour cream. Tomorrow I have lunch at my folks but I am gonna try to be good since I wasn't Saturday. My rest day this week is Tuesday because I am having a drink with friends. 1 beer and a healthy appetizer. :)

Aliem - way to get prepped for the week and for workout around your cancelled hike!

Rinde99 - you totally deserve that rest day. You are killin it!!!! Your workouts are so fantastic and way to go on the added protein. That is gonna be so good for you.