G085H173 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    Keep it up
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Becs day 18 of the 90 day challenge.

Ate well and got in 46 mins workout on the elliptical. I was extra tired today but I don't know why. Maybe my extra effort at bodypump Yesterday took a bit more of out me than I thought.

Weighing tomorrow because I didn't today.
  • becs3578
    Options
    Becs day 19 of my 90 Day challenge.

132.8 - which is only a half lb lose this week but that is still a lose so I am going to be good with that.

Planning to rework my food/fuel for next week. Currently reading an interesting book called "burn the fat - feed the muscle". It is gonna have me upping my calories a bit and changing my macros. Hoping it is the next step for me in my progress.

et9mbl6g21r3.jpeg

Tonight it is another elliptical workout. Tomorrow
    Not sure what I am Planning. Working all weekend so I will figure it out!
  • becs3578
    Options
    Becs Day 20-22 of the 90 day challenge.

Had a rough weekend. No workout Friday or Saturday. But a decent one Sunday. Ate terrible. It was stress eating. Junk food and all. Ended Sunday by restocking the frig with healthy food.

Finally got through a chunk of my book. Starting today I am going to try to work toward a macro count of 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat. Eventually if I want to get it to 35% protein and 25% fat.

Poached my first egg in years this morning and loved it. Had it on a toasted wheat English muffin and 1 slice of thin bacon for flavor. Tomorrow I will add 1/2 am Apple to breakfast too. I was suppose to get around 1400-1450 calories. Only made around 1330 today.

I think over the past months have gotten "fluffier". The higher health fat and lower are plan just didn't do as well for my body. I am hoping this new Macro plan is a good fit for me.

Wednesday morning I am going to attempt to run walk for the first time in a while. Hoping to add a 3 mile run/walk to my plan two days a week. We will see how it goes.

Hope anyone still read this and working on their own challenge is doing well. I am hoping for me that the second phase with this new macro plan is more productive for me!
  • becs3578
    Options
    Becs day 23 of the 90 day challenge.

Ate well and heading to the gym now. My goal is to not have gained a bunch of weight when I weigh on Thursday. This past weekend was a bender.

But with the structure I have with food prep I hope it will be a better week. "Might" attempt my first run tomorrow. FIngers crossed.
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I want to join! I know I am a bit late, but my goals are really similar to yours. I actually started on August 8 so I will push back my first two 30 day goals and cut my last 30 days so that we can finish it out together! I want to keep my first 60 days with my dates, because I set some incentives if I hit a 15 pound drop by October 8th and I want to keep them.

I started at 144.6.
    I forgot to do measurements that day, but I know my waist is around 28.5 when I weigh that weight. I'll make sure to start doing some more measurements!

Phase 1 (ends Sept 8) - 135.1 pounds
    Phase 2 (ends October 8) - 127.6 pounds
    Phase 3 (by my calculation you should end on Oct 30?) - I'll try for 120, but my official goal will be 123!

I am a little behind right now (currently at 140.2 today) so I have really stepped up my workout plan. I am going to try to eat healthy (I know my body works best with high protein, high healthy fats and low carbs, but lots of veggies!) I know that I will have to have some cheat days. I am traveling this weekend to go to some baseball games, have a B-day that I am also traveling for in September and two weddings the first weekend in October. So I know that I need to work extra hard to get there!

Starting Sunday I upped my workouts to 30 minutes of circuits in the morning followed by lots of walking every weekday. I also have started to add in either a cardio (dance, interval running, etc.) or something like yoga or stretching after work. I would like to do the extra activity 3-4 times a week. I eventually want to extend my circuit training to 45-60 minutes and change the morning walking to interval running/jogging. It is just so hard waking up any earlier than 5 and going so hard! I have started to become more comfortable and will start increasing that next week!

FYI - since my dates are off, I'll just use your dates (aka today is your day 23, so it will also be my day 23)!
  • Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping in here late as well, although I'll be sticking with Becs' timeline. On 8/1 I weighed 168 and my measurements were 37-34-42.5 (sigh). My goal for each month is 6 lbs so I hope to be at 150 or below by the end of October. I exercise 6 days per week for 1 hour with my current plan on MWF being 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes yoga. On TThS I'll be doing 15 to 20 minutes of body resistance and the remainder will be yoga.

Today I did 22 minutes of body resistance and 41 minutes of yoga. Only 1 small...well, potentially big problem with exercise. I smashed my toes/ foot on a wooden chair last week and seemed to inflict some damage. Bruising has gone but pain and swelling remain. I'm just hoping I haven't broken anything which would curtail cardio and yoga. Fingers crossed.
  • aliem
    Options
    Rinde99 wrote: »
    I'm jumping in here late as well, although I'll be sticking with Becs' timeline. On 8/1 I weighed 168 and my measurements were 37-34-42.5 (sigh). My goal for each month is 6 lbs so I hope to be at 150 or below by the end of October.

That is so great! I can't wait to hear more about your endeavors! I hope your toe is alright. There might be some ways to work around your toe. For example swimming or doing some core/upper body exercises.

• Rinde99
    Options
    Thanks, Aliem! I'll be checking in on a regular basis like Becs.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Finished my workouts for the day. This am I did 30 minutes of FitnessBlender (Youtube) low-impact cardio/ toning. Only my 2nd day with a more active, albeit beginner cardio(was walking). Huffing and puffing throughout but thankfully finished. Followed the cardio immediately with day 6 of the 30 day fitness challenge...5 minutes total. Then this afternoon I practiced yoga for 25 minutes for my 1 hour total.

Doing ok on my food so far. I had a green smoothie for breakfast and lunch...I'm addicted to them. Low on my protein and fat so I added a TBSP of almond butter at lunchtime. Later ate a snack of beef stew. Haven't decided yet what I'm doing for dinner...have plenty of calories left to enjoy something tasty!

Looking forward to hearing how Becs and Aliem's day went.
  • aliem
    Options
    It's lunch time here, so I am halfway through my day! This morning I got up and did my 30 minutes of circuit training and a bunch of walking. I am close to 12k steps today already. Since my circuits today were more strength based today, I am going to get some interval running done after work today.

I like to food prep, so during the week, unless I got out to lunch or don't leave work until so late that I am starving, I pretty much eat the same stuff each day. This week is a little more carb heavy than I would like it to be. Most of it is from fruit and veggies though so I feel less guilty. I've got a bunch of yogurt in my fridge that are more dessert-y than I usually have so I will be pretty carb heavy for a while until I go back to my usual egg or plain greek yogurt based breakfasts. I had some chia "pudding" with fruit and an Activia for breakfast. Lunch is homemade carnitas (pork butt was on a crazy good deal this weekend so I have weeks worth of these yummy carnitas in my freezer now so you will probably see this beyond this week's lunches) over top tons of bell peppers and onions. Dinner is going to be a salad with this yummy riff on green goddess dressing I made with avocado instead of the normal sour cream.

I am a little worried about this weekend. I am going to be in Texas going to baseball games, so BBQ and beer are definitely going to be a must! I will try to keep it reasonable though...
  • becs3578
    Options
    Guys it is so great to have you. And don't worry about starting late... I had a rough few weeks and last weekend was disastrous so I am not as far along as I hoped. Hope I rebooted this Monday and have been good all weel.

RINDE99 - Fantastic job this morning. That is great! I can't seem to get into green smoothies (something about drinking my veggies..ha) but I have friends that swear by them. And I am a big fan of almond butter. There is a brand on amazon (barney) that comes in individual servings for 90 calories (because I cant control myself with peanut or nut butter). That will be my snack this afternoon with a big apple.

Aliem - Love your plan. I am going to measure on day 31 but with my questionable first 30 days I dont plan on seeing a tone of progress. The reboot I did Monday will hopefully stick! You have so many events... you are so gonna rock them. And I am NOT a morning person at all. But I am going to try to get up early by 15 mins each morning until I get to the desired time... that way I can get more done in the mornings before work.. including a short run/walk or circuit workout. But my main workouts will remain mostly after work.

Becs day 24 of the 90 day challenge.

Ran (with walk intervals because of the knee) for the first time in a while since I was only working a half day. Got up way too late and didnt get out there till 9:15. 86 degrees, humid, full sun and no breeze. IT SUCKED. It took 42 mins which is slow but atleast I finished. Have a little headache after it. From now on have to be out there by 7 or 7:30 at the lastest. Weather permitting I will do it ever wednesday and sunday morning.

Also have Bodypump tonight. BRING IT!

PS: Food has been good since Monday. That is sadly only 3 days but it is a start. Baby steps!

Catch you on the flip side ladies. So glad you joyed!
  • Rinde99
    edited August 2016
    Options
    ALIEM, what a fantastic day so far! Great workout and great food. I'm envious of the pork carnitas...sounds delish! Hope your evening workout and dinner are as good as the start!

BECS, thanks for taking me along on your journey. Know the feeling of running in heat and humidity. I've lived in SC and FL for past 32 years...when I used to run, the water would puddle in my shoes! Keep those 3 days going; you can do it!
  • aliem
    Options
    I am excited too! It is much easier to lose the weight when others keep you accountable. Unfortunately, my BF did his major weight loss while I was having some medical issues earlier this year so I missed out of doing it together with him.

Rinde - I am not a huge fan of the green smoothies either. It's weird. I love veggies and salads. But when you blend them all up, I am not a huge fan. Sounds like you are doing great too! I hope you have found something to overcome your toe situation

Becs - It's all right. I think my goals are very lofty. They are going to be really hard to hit and if I want to hit them I know I need a head start in my first phase to achieve them (which I am definitely a bit behind right now). I did a reset this Saturday! The first part of my challenge was definitely all over the place. Down two pounds one day, up three pounds a few days later, etc. Hopefully I can keep this going. I need to look great that first week of October in my cocktail/formal dresses for those weddings!
  • becs3578
    Options
    aliem - You had me at CARNITAS!!!!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Ended up making a giant veggie bowl for dinner. Had farro, aduki beans, zucchini, red bell pepper, spinach, carrots, onions, and crushed tomatoes with a little olive oil and parmesan cheese. Sounds like a real hodge podge of ingredients, but sure was tasty!
  • terrimaricle
    terrimaricle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    becs3578 wrote: »
    Becs day 19 of my 90 Day challenge.

132.8 - which is only a half lb lose this week but that is still a lose so I am going to be good with that.

Planning to rework my food/fuel for next week. Currently reading an interesting book called "burn the fat - feed the muscle". It is gonna have me upping my calories a bit and changing my macros. Hoping it is the next step for me in my progress.

et9mbl6g21r3.jpeg

Tonight it is another elliptical workout. Tomorrow
    Not sure what I am Planning. Working all weekend so I will figure it out!

I just started reading this book today, and plan on starting tomorrow. How are you feeling with it so far?
  • aliem
    Options
    Sounds great Rinde! Just finished up my interval running. Feeling great. I'll make sure to do my measurements tomorrow!
  • aliem
    Options
    So I weighed and measured myself today (since I didn't do complete measurements August 1).

Starting Weight: 144.6 pounds
    Goal Weight by Sept 8 (my phase 1): 135.1 pounds

Today's Weight: 139.2! I am 56% of the way there. Though I am still behind schedule, I broke into the 130s so I am excited!

Measurements:
    Waist - 27.5 / Chest - 38 / Hips - 39.5 / Thighs - 24 / Calf - 15 / Arm - 12.5

I've gone down about an inch in my waist so I am excited. Also, I now have a benchmark for when day 30 comes around.

My food and exercise is pretty similar to yesterday. I was starving this morning so I did have a few crackers. I did my circuits and walked this morning, but I'm probably not running or doing yoga tonight. I have a few errands to run after work so I will probably just do some extra walking tonight, instead of the extra workout. I've doubled up three times this week, so I am pretty happy about that.

Hope Becs and Rinde's days are going well too!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Hey Aliem! Fantastic job on the weightloss and losing an inch from your waist! Congrats! Don't worry about being behind; you'll get there!

I just got back from a day in Charleston. Went to an art exhibit; strolled the streets a little; and went to a really cool lunch spot. Stopped at Costco on my way home and picked up some cheap, but healthy foods. Anyway...

I woke up early to get my body resistance and yoga in for the day but kept hitting the snooze button so I only did my body resistance workout. Will do yoga later tonight. I ate my usual green smoothie for breakfast and had a fantastic lunch out. Haven't estimated the calories yet but only indulged with some fresh cornbread and butter so don't think i broke the bank for 1 meal. I'll finish up with another green smoothie for dinner.

I'll be taking my measurements on the 31st. Hoping to see improvement in waist and hips. Next weigh-in is this Sunday.

Your turn, Becs!