90 Day Fitness & Food Challenge

Options

Replies

• aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies and happy Friday! Definitely hit the snooze button a bunch of times this morning. I went to bed pretty late because my boyfriend had a pretty bad day, so we talked on the phone well beyond my bedtime. I still got up for an hour of walking and I plan to get in something tonight. I think I will go running tonight, because I might actually be home prior to sunset so it would be nice to run on the actual beach walkway, instead of the street next to it! I woke up pretty tired so I stopped to grab some coffee today. I think between my diet and my lack of drinking it consistently, it really hit me hard. I guess I should not get a venti on this diet! I am super wide awake! (I used to be addicted to it and would drink it every day in crazy amounts, but had to give it up earlier this year due to some medical issues, so now I just drink it once in a while so this is very new to me). Anyway, food is about the same as the rest of the week. Here is to a great weekend!

Becs - Great job. Considering your weekend, staying consistent is good. Plus at least for me, I often will plateau for a few days and then drop like a pound or two overnight, especially with the varying monthly hormone cycles. Hopefully, you are about to hit a drop too!

Rinde - That sounds amazing! How nice of your daughters to do that for you! Hopefully you are able to to work harder these next few days to stay on plan (but if you don't, don't worry about it! It is just a few days!)
  • aliem
    Options
    xs26vvs0q84b.jpeg

Done with my interval running! Good evening from the west coast!
  • Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm overdosing on rich food and cocktails. So much fun, but so tired! Talk to you tomorrow!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Still recovering from 2 days of excess! I forced myself to exercise today. Did 26 minutes of body resistance, then 10 minutes of HIIT, and finished with 25 minutes of yoga for 61 minutes total. I had 3 smoothies today; just couldn't face anymore food. Hope to feel better tomorrow.

Hope you all are having a fantastic weekend!
  • aliem
    Options
    Today was definitely a rest day. Did some walking but besides that, I have been relaxing. Sooooo tired from this week. Today's eating has been okay. A little over my goal, but oh well. I've been working hard! I will be back on schedule tomorrow.

Rinde - sounds great! Hope you are having a great weekend!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Party results: weight up 1.2 lbs to 156.6 lbs. It was worth it!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Aliem: sounds like a much needed rest day! Hope you're having a great Sunday.

Today is my rest day, but I decided to get in a little exercise as I'm still feeling sluggish. Did 10 minutes of HIIT, 7 minutes of 30 Day, and 15 minutes of new yoga video I received for my birthday for 32 minutes total. In back on track with my food. Was hoping not to have gained any weight, but no luck there. Will weigh again tomorrow to see if it's just water retention.

Just as an aside, have either one of you have a guy hit on you here? This fellow friended me yesterday and I didn't think anything of it as I have a number of MFP male friends of various ages. The next thing I know he starts messaging me so I answered back...and then it finally dawns on me that he has something more than fitness buddies on his mind. Not feeling uncomfortable with it, but not totally comfortable at same time. Any opinions?
  • aliem
    Options
    Was pretty lazy today. However, I did do 45 minutes of circuits and some walking. I was hoping to do better this weekend, but it's all right. Eating has been okay. All my food for the week has been parceled out so I will be back on track by tomorrow.

Rinde - great job. I am sure it is all water weight so it should drop off quickly. Yes I have been hit on before on this site via the messages. He came in with a "follow up" on one of my posts, so I answered back. Then his next message raised the red flags. I am not sure if it's actual flirting or scams/catfishing. But I am not about to get far enough into a conversation to find out!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Morning Weight update: 156.2. Down a little.
  • aliem
    Options
    40 minutes of circuits and some walking done today. Food for this week is going to be eggs scrambled with spinach and onion, chorizo patties and banana with coconut for breakfast. Lunch is peppers and onions with the carnitas making another appearance. Dinner is chicken sausage and tomato sauce over various summer squash and spinach. No snacks this week, unless I am starving. My meals should be big enough to hold me over though. Some bad news. The job that I was on last week picked me up for most of this week too. Hopefully not everyday is a long day (9am-8/8:30pm), but they likely will. That time does not even include my 3-4 hour commute for less than 20 miles! At least if I leave at 8, there is only a little traffic.

Rinde - Great job! Keep getting at it! Soon you will be back on track!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Aliem: Your food sounds sensational! Way to go at it! How's it working out moving circuits up to 40? Bummer about the work schedule! Hope next week it's back to normal! And thanks for answering my gentleman question.

Today I bumped my cardio to 45 minutes. Did a Millionaire Hoy HIIT workout followed by 15 minutes of yoga. I usually do the 30 Day Fitness Challenge following cardio but I skipped it today. The HIIT was enough for me!

Food is going well. I feel like I've recovered from my birthday indulgences. Looking forward to the scale moving in the right direction again.
  • aliem
    Options
    Moving the circuits up has not been too bad. On days where I just can't wake up and hit the snooze a bit, it definitely cuts into my walking, which I enjoy much more than the circuits. I am getting used to it though. I think I need to add in more weights to what I am doing. I think by the end of the month I will need to buy more weights than my 5 and 10 pound ones. Eventually my results are going to stall using mainly body weight. I also need to up the cardio in the morning. I just can't bring myself to do the interval running in the mornings and I do add some cardio to my morning circuits, but I am sure my downstairs neighbors would not appreciate me jumping up and down for 40 minutes at 5 am in the morning!

FYI, great job for getting your workouts in!
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Becs day 42

I'm so sorry guys for going MIA this weeken. This reply is on my cell so I will post long and hard tomorrow and not miss again.

Saturday had a fantastic body combat class, Sunday no workout, today body pump. Eating was a roller coaster again this weekend. Had so many events and obligations and I didn't handle it well. Also heard some sad news about a friend that has motivated me to stop making excuses and reach my goals.

Also noticed today was better definition in my upper body (shoulders) that I think is from
    Combat. Gonna try to leave work 1 Hr early on Thursdays so I can make that class most of the time.

Ate well today.

Tomorrow AM I am going to reply to all yalls posts this weekend. Y'all are killin it!!!! I'm totally the weak link.
  • aliem
    Options
    Feeling empowered today. I weighed myself this morning (as I do every morning) and everyday since my last weigh in, I have been trending down! I will save where I am on Thursday, hoping that I don't fluctuate back up and extra hoping I keep going down! I am starting to catch up to be back on track with my goals. It is going to be a tall order, to hit my original goal weight, but I am sure going to try! I felt like last week I kinda hit a plateau and I am finally seeing the results. My stomach, which is where I carry most of my fat, seems a lot flatter. Sorry to brag, but I am just really excited to see everything working again this week! Anyway, done with my 40 minutes of circuits and walking. Once again, I probably will not get home until super late tonight so I will probably be done for the day. Food is the same as yesterday of course.

Becs - It's all right! We all get busy. I was definitely hoping that everything was all right, especially because of how hectic/stressful your life has been. I am glad you are motivated. Great that you are seeing more definition. I think I have about 5 more pounds to got before I start seeing definition. I am pretty squishy still! Glad you are back on track!
  • becs3578
    Options
    Aliem - You are absolutely not bragging. You are tell us of your great success. That is what this group is all about. YOU ARE ROCKIN IT GIRL!!!!!! ANd don't worry I am still "REALLY SQUISHY" in my stomach, booty, and thighs. JUst my shoulders are looking toned. Ha.

I know all about the plateau. My food keep being an issue for me on the weekends. I have made NO plans this weekend and hope I am successful with eating to lose and eating to grow my muscles! That is the game plan.

I want to add the cardio in the morning too. Hoping to start tomorrow with rowing just 15 mins. WE CAN DO THIS... well I know you can... I am hoping I can too!

RINDE - Birthday/Party lbs don't count ;) !!! So glad you enjoyed your family and birthday time. You totally deserved it. Yes I was hit on by a guy that friended me a few times. The few times it did I felt the conversations and messages were inappropriate and unfriended both of them. One of the guys was pretty creepy by the end. In your situation... it is fun and flirty.. but not creepy what is the harm. In my situation both men had significant others... Creep city!
  • becs3578
    Options
    Becs Day 43

Had a good day yesterday... food and workout. Once I finally got home and ate dinner after the gym it was after 9pm and I just couldn't do anymore work. Right now and for the last 4 weeks I have been working all my extra hours on ornaments, artwork etc to sell in my store during the holidays. I work in the morning for an hour or so before work and anywhere from 1-4 hours in the evenings. That had not melted perfectly with me getting in extra morning workout and lowering my stress level. But I am working through it. I work on Saturday this week so tomorrow i work all day tomorrow from home on art and ornaments. Hoping for a double workout tomorrow.. In the morning 15 mins of rowing then some abs and booty work. In the evening Body Pump.

My weight has been stagnant for about 2.5 weeks but I know that is because of my excessive eating on the weekends. I was doing pretty well until Saturday night.. and then all hell broke lose. Found at a friend from elementary and high school (we just spend some time together at the funeral of the dad of another school friend) relapsed and now has stage 4 cancer. She has 5 kids and it is just so messed up. That is no excuse for me being stupid after that but I kinda CARPE DIEM (ceased the day) after that and hung and ate with the family Saturday night, Then shopping Sunday and lunch out with my niece for her homecoming outfit, and then met a friend for drinks Sunday night. I felt terrible Monday.. like I was a failure. So I am going to take the knowledge of what she is going through in a different light this week. She is battling for her life... and trying to enjoy every moment with the ones she loves... I am going to try to BATTLE for my health and at the same time enjoy my life. That is what I have the hardest part with. I lose the best when I got into HERMIT mode and say NO to everything. BALANCE is not something I do well.

Plan for the rest of the week (mini home workouts in the morning) bodypump wendesday, combay thursday, pump friday, rest saturday, elliptical sunday! Only have 2-3 meals that should be iffy for me this week so I will do my best.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Wow, so much to catch up on. First, I'll just mention that I weighed myself again this morning and I'm back to 155.4. Yay! I'm still messaging that guy and yes, it is fun and flirty. Feel more at ease now.

I felt somewhat tired and a little stiff today after yesterday's 45 minute HIIT. Persevered and got er done. Did my body resistance for 25 minutes and aerobic dance for 35. No yoga yet today. May skip it altogether. Food continues on track.

Aliem: Yay for feeling empowered and seeing a downward trend in weight. Sure feels good when that happens! And a flatter stomach is wonderful. Brag away! We're here to support you in all your achievements.

Becs: Good to have you back. Missed all your fantastic commentary. Sounds like are ready to rein in the weekends and find that balance you desire. I'm so sorry your friend is seriously ill. I like your take on battling for your health and enjoying life at the same time. Moderation and living in the moment help me.
  • aliem
    Options
    Done with my 40 minutes of circuits and walking this morning. I wound up getting home early yesterday, but I did not do a second work out. My left ear was(is) really bothering me, so I opted to rest and get some sleep. Probably will do the same today and try to get back on the double work out train on Thursday. We were able to wrap up a lot of things on my project yesterday, so I am hoping that the rest of the week won't be late hours after all. Weight was even more amazing today, so I am hoping that tomorrow's check in will be awesome!

Becs - Great job! That is some really unfortunate news. I am glad that you are able to turn it into a positive thing. You go girl! Hope your morning cardio got off to a great start! Waking up early is definitely something I'm used to and not something I enjoy. It is sooooo hard to get out of bed!

Rinde - Great job! It must have all been water weight. If you are stiff, it means your workouts are pushing you! Take it as a victory!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Forgot to check in yesterday. Exercised for my usual hour. Did 45 minutes of jogging video, 11 minutes of 30 Day Fitness Challenge, and 4 minutes of yoga. Not feeling that well this am. Have a headache and feel tired and dehyrdrated. Might take a rest day or do more yoga than I have been recently,

Aliem: Hope your ear is feeling better! Way to go on circuits! Hope you're able to do your double today.
  • aliem
    Options
    I am so excited! I am going to share my full results, because I am where I wanted to be last week!

Starting weight: 144.6
    Goal Weight for phase 1: 135.1
    Today's weight: 135.4 (down 3.2 pounds from last week and in total!) I am only a little more than a week behind now!

Measurements (waist was done day one, all others done three weeks ago):
    Waist: 28.5 / 26.5 - down 2 inches
    Chest: 38 / 37 - down 1 inch
    Hips: 39.5 / 39 - down .5 inches
    Thighs: 24 / 23.25 - down 1.25 inches for both
    Calf: 15 / 14.75 - down .5 inches for both
    Arm: 12.5 / 12.25 - down .5 inches for both

That is 5.75 inches total! I am sooooo excited. I thought it was a fluke, but I have been low for the last three days in a row and the measurements back them up! Done with my circuits today and done some walking. I paused to make this post, because I was so excited. Should get my second work out in today!

Rinde - Great job getting your workout done! Drink a bunch of water (or coconut water) and get some rest. Hopefully you will be back to normal tomorrow!