Why do I suddenly gain body fat after running when hungry?

So I've been noticing that whenever I go out for a run when im.hungry and then come back to refuel..for some reason I blow up like a ballon and I look super flabby! Is it even possible to just simultaneously gain fat especially after a run? I legit look like I gained a whole mess of body fat out of nowhere and its confusing the heck out of me! This only happens when I go out running on a empty or hungry stomach hence why I can never go for a fasted run because this happens every time. Does anyone have some sort of explanation of why i suddenly gain all this body fat? I thought the only way to actually gain body fat was to eat in excess but doesn't seem like it in my case :/ would it have anything to do with running hungry?

Replies

• fithealthygirl
    fithealthygirl Posts: 290 Member
    It's bloat, not fat.

Yup just bloating. There's no way you're gaining fat from running fasted.
  • alexastoutxo
    alexastoutxo Posts: 139 Member
    It's bloat, not fat.

What about when hungry?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    I agree. It happens to me too. I swear my abdomen looks like I gained 10 pounds. Aweful in the heat, when you wanna run shirtless. My husband grabbed a pic of me and holy kitten, never again!

Does jabba the hut run with me?

It is temporary. http://www.crazyrunninggirl.com/2014/07/17/bloated-belly-running-fix/
  • alexastoutxo
    It's bloat, not fat.

What about when hungry?

That's what they mean when they say fasted.

Everyone has explained this to you. You are bloating a bit from the run. It's water. You'll pee it out. Chill.

I know.. I guess its because it looks fat that worries me and I feel a lot softer and "fluffier" plus it doesn't go away even when I drink water.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    It's bloat, not fat.

What about when hungry?

Everyone has explained this to you. You are bloating a bit from the run. It's water. You'll pee it out. Chill.

I know.. I guess its because it looks fat that worries me and I feel a lot softer and "fluffier" plus it doesn't go away even when I drink water.

When you have water bloat, drinking more water isn't going to make it go away. Your statement puzzles me.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    It's bloat, not fat.

What about when hungry?

When you have water bloat, drinking more water isn't going to make it go away. Your statement puzzles me.

Is water bloat the same as water retention??
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    It's bloat, not fat.

What about when hungry?

I don't think so, bloat is in the tummy or abdomen, water retention can occur anywhere, like ankles, calves etc.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Gamliela wrote: »
    It's bloat, not fat.

What about when hungry?

I don't think so, bloat is in the tummy or abdomen, water retention can occur anywhere, like ankles, calves etc.

Yeah makes sense. I get water retention in my calves and ankles and i have to down a lot of water to get rid of it.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela wrote: »
    It's bloat, not fat.

What about when hungry?

Yeah makes sense. I get water retention in my calves and ankles and i have to down a lot of water to get rid of it.

Same here, especially because I refuse to limit salt on things that taste good with salt. :)

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    You're not gaining fat.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2016
    deleted post.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    This is the 3rd time you've asked this:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10429991/why-do-i-look-flabby-sometimes-after-running#latest

I think the other post may have been deleted...

It's water retention and/or bloat.

~Lyssa
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2016
    macgurlnet wrote: »

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10429991/why-do-i-look-flabby-sometimes-after-running#latest

~Lyssa

Are you serious? I usually check for this sort of thing and based on the # of posts I thought it might be a new MFP member and even very young member... boy was I wrong.. 36 yrs.. ;);)

But instead of the "flabby look" we are talking 'REAL" fat gain now.. ;) I feel sort of stupid now.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

~Lyssa

Are you serious? I usually check for this sort of thing and based on the # of posts I thought it might be a new MFP member and even very young member... boy was I wrong.. 36 yrs.. ;);)

But instead of the "flabby look" we are talking 'REAL" fat gain now.. ;) I feel sort of stupid now.

I'm usually too lazy to check, but I saw the post that now seems to have been deleted & someone else pointed out the other thread.

~Lyssa
  • Gamliela
    Lol!
  • alexastoutxo
    It's bloat, not fat.

What about when hungry?

I'm not talking about water bloat, I ment water retention.
  • alexastoutxo

~Lyssa

I know that's my bad, I wanted to see if I got different answers from different people.