edited August 2016
    Options
    My father in law refers to tramp stamps as "*kitten* tattoos"
    He still hasn't seen mine :D
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    so let me ask you guys this:
    If someone shows you a tattoo that they are really proud of, but you don't really like it, or think it's shoddy, do you go along with their enthusiasm because it's their body/choice and as long as they like it that's all that matters, or do you point out issues with it with colors, art, shading, mistakes, etc. at the risk of ruining it for them?

I think it's like a baby. Everyone seems to think their own baby is adorable regardless, so you let them have it and just not rain on their parade. Unless it's a really close friend who you know can take it.
  • JessicaBiggs223
    JessicaBiggs223 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have 5 so far, planning on getting more.. I want to sleeve up my arms and legs lol
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    If someone shows you a tattoo that they are really proud of, but you don't really like it, or think it's shoddy, do you go along with their enthusiasm because it's their body/choice and as long as they like it that's all that matters, or do you point out issues with it with colors, art, shading, mistakes, etc. at the risk of ruining it for them?

I think it's like a baby. Everyone seems to think their own baby is adorable regardless, so you let them have it and just not rain on their parade. Unless it's a really close friend who you know can take it.

I keep my mouth shut. Except for my brother. I will give him shite about his ugly tattoos forever. Not that I haven't had my own craptastic tats, but they are covered now.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options

I usually say something non commital or ask if there is any significance or anything...without giving an opinion.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options

I say "that looks good on you".
    I love the baby analogy, totally appropriate.
  • kedrum73
    kedrum73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Shells918 wrote: »

That's pretty funny! Why "kitten"? I've never heard of that before
  • MicahPsencik
    MicahPsencik Posts: 129 Member
    Options
  • xjchic98
    xjchic98 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Here's one of mine! The other two I can't get a good angle on..
    But I'll be making this a half sleeve this fall ;)

9pbbb0djwpin.png
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Options
    My new one from yesterday.

gcwayy8gx5e4.jpeg
  • sfcrocker
    sfcrocker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't have a tat to show but have a fun story about tats. I was selected as a potential juror for a Federal case against the Mexican drug cartels. We were given numbers instead of our names because it was considered dangerous to have them know who we were. We had to fill out a long questionnaire with our attitudes about various things and one of the question is "What do you think of tattoos?" I put down "they're hot" and got disqualified from the case :smile:
  • arleban
    arleban Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    They're interesting, but I have none. I don't have anything I strongly feel permanently marking on my body. That's just me though, I really enjoy seeing what others have.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    kedrum73 wrote: »
    Shells918 wrote: »

That's pretty funny! Why "kitten"? I've never heard of that before

Kitten was supposed to be w.h.or.e.
    Not sure if that word made it through.
  • MicahPsencik
    MicahPsencik Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    kedrum73 wrote: »
    Yep, got a few, just need to figure out how to post pics on here

When you reply there's the little camera to the right and you should be able to upload pictures...took me a while to figure it out too.

Figured it out finally, thanks
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    Getting tattoos destroy a person's God given temple. It's a desecration to the body.

Really? What about piercings?
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Getting tattoos destroy a person's God given temple. It's a desecration to the body.

It was my mom and dad that actually gave me this "temple". They totally dig my tattoos.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I have 3 :smile:

My favourite is my Lord of the Rings tattoo on my back!
    sfghgx4jy3ks.jpg
  • xjchic98
    xjchic98 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

If you don't like it, why did you even open the thread? I don't think coming in and acting all judgmental about it is going to help any..
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have 3 :smile:

My favourite is my Lord of the Rings tattoo on my back!
    sfghgx4jy3ks.jpg

I don't have tattoos, but I do love a good literary tat. This one falls into that category!

I have seen some great Watership Down ones too. They are as close to tempted as I get as Watership Down is set where I grew up and has some nice quotes.

• TestNamePleaseIgnore
    TestNamePleaseIgnore Posts: 295 Member
    Options

I hope you're being a troll. Surely you're not that goofy.