Ate a fresh raw vegetable today?

Options
I ate at least one vegetable today. It was fresh, raw and unprocessed. Let's brag on the produce we ate. What vegetable did you eat today? Canned veggies don't count.

Replies

• JayWillisBBA_AATCIS_BA_AAMath
    Options
    Super proud of myself for eating a good handful of fresh raw pre-cut kale today. And I ate a whole raw cucumber also.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Orange pepper, micro greens and green onions; all organic. :-D
  • LokiGrrl
    LokiGrrl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Plain old green cabbage. It's good.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Cucumber and a tomato. Actually craved them with lotsa salt n pepper.
  • Megansmith112712
    Megansmith112712 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Haven't really ate today :(. I think I accidently have my whole family food poisoning. But in a usual day I have a salad (85 g), half a cucumber (mine from my garden weigh about 1 lb), and carrots (85 g). The greens for the salad usually include kale, spinach and romaine.
  • JayWillisBBA_AATCIS_BA_AAMath
    Options
    :)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    large spinach salad with tomatos, cucumbers, and onion; handful of green beans and red pepper strips, dipped in hommus,
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I had steamed broccoli (my favorite veggie) at dinner. I also had a Chipotle burrito bowl for lunch with the fajita veggies. :)
  • Lisa_Ookoo
    Lisa_Ookoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Home-grown tomatoes and avocado from my yard.
  • LadyoftheCake
    LadyoftheCake Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots, and if I had my usual turkey sandwich, I would have had 'crisp greens' (so says the bag) on it...it has red cabbage, iceberg and romaine lettuce and carrots in it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    I eat steamed veggies every lunch and most dinners ... and for an after work snack, I usually have raw cucumbers and carrot. I love veggies! :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Daily I will generally eat about 1kg of fruit / veg ... I don't understand how people get full without veg bulking out meals TBH

spinach and mushrooms in scrambled egg for breakfast. 100-200g mixed salad leaves watercress, spinach and arugal(rocket) as a base of stews and curries with rice to make huge portions. 500g mixed vegetables - onion, carrot, celery, squash, pepper, mushroom, aubergine (eggplant), courgette (zucchini) in veg or chicken stew. 150g berries with 0% Greek yogurt etc

I like big amounts of food and veg are yummy
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I eat steamed veggies every lunch and most dinners ... and for an after work snack, I usually have raw cucumbers and carrot. I love veggies! :)

Same here. My meagre contribution was part of breakfast (and technically fruit ha). I find winter harder though (I don't like those steam bags but I'll steam other frozen veg) - I have to be really organised. Summer I can chuck any old thing together plus protein and I'm happy as a pig in *kitten*.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Lisa_Ookoo wrote: »
    Home-grown tomatoes and avocado from my yard.

jealous! Avocados from your yard!!! I can only get them from my store...they were $2.00/avocado today...and half the time they don't taste very good. Bet yours taste wonderful!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I may brag about all the delicious food that is available where I live, but I don't understand how I can brag about eating them? I haven't even had breakfast yet today, so this is what I ate yesterday: Carrot sticks, beets (also cut into sticks), one ear of corn, three parsnips (oven roasted wih salt, pepper, olive oil, honey and sesame seeds), broccoli. I also had two plums, (one big blue and one small yellow), a Pink Lady apple, a pear snatched from the park (not perfectly ripe, but juicy and full of taste), redcurrants, and another pear (Forel).
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Daily I will generally eat about 1kg of fruit / veg ... I don't understand how people get full without veg bulking out meals TBH

spinach and mushrooms in scrambled egg for breakfast. 100-200g mixed salad leaves watercress, spinach and arugal(rocket) as a base of stews and curries with rice to make huge portions. 500g mixed vegetables - onion, carrot, celery, squash, pepper, mushroom, aubergine (eggplant), courgette (zucchini) in veg or chicken stew. 150g berries with 0% Greek yogurt etc

I like big amounts of food and veg are yummy

I logged about 1.7kg (raw weight) of fruits/vegetables yesterday. Cauliflower/broccoli rice is life (200g fills roughly a 2.5 cup bowl for a lot fewer calories than regular rice... which means I can have a bigger portion of the goodness that goes ontop of the "rice"). Zucchini is amazing (either zoodles or cooking it my favorite way: seared on a skillet until they're soft and browned). Raw vegetables with garlic powder is also really good, and I was able to have a 2.5 cup bowl overflowing with vegetables (green beans, tomatoes, carrots, radishes) for about 100 calories.

My family doesn't like being behind me after eating all those vegetables though. ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'll eat raw carrots once in a while... but I don't really like raw veggies (except spring mix/spinach/arugula) and life is too short to eat things you don't enjoy.

I eat one apple a day though!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I eat vegetables (cooked and raw) every day -- much more than that. Not sure why cooked and canned don't count, especially in winter. (I think canned doesn't taste that good, but if it's what's available, what's the problem? We ate lots of canned veg in the winter when I was growing up and as a result of eating veg regularly I consider it a normal part of every meal.)

Anyway, I'm on a smoothie kick and added kale to my smoothie. Haven't eaten anything but breakfast yet, but having gazpacho as part of my lunch (tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, made it this morning), and a big salad for dinner, so if I stick to plan today will be raw veg heavy.
  • HOOVEY17
    HOOVEY17 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    carrots and celery and i had a salad with the Dole chopped Kale/cabbage/romaine blend