Ate a fresh raw vegetable today?

Options

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I haven't really eaten yet, the majority of my daily diet is fruit and vegetables tho....by the end of the day I will have consumed at least 7 or 8 different veg, and two fruits...
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Yes, had a salad with lunch. No dressing, so this keeps the calorie count down.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    I ate at least one vegetable today. It was fresh, raw and unprocessed. Let's brag on the produce we ate. What vegetable did you eat today? Canned veggies don't count.

63b19f2c7f22ecde29f93fab7becb48e.png

The lettuce, kale, and Swiss chard are from my garden. The eggs are from someone to whom I give excess Swiss chard. Alas, strawberry season is over and I have finished the ones I froze.

I have fruit and/or veggies at every meal. It's how I grew up so I think this is normal and healthy. Ditto for gardening.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes, jalapenos, and white onions are growing like crazy in my garden, so I've been making fresh salsa just about every day. That's my main source of daily vegetables currently.

Generally, I'll eat cucumbers, celery, and baby carrots year-round but I prefer to eat seasonally for both vegetables and fruit.
  • texasleahgirl
    texasleahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Raw kale, a home-grown peach, a home-grown tomato, and raw carrots. All tossed with some TJ's Roasted Garlic Olive Oil and some red wine vinegar :smiley:
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten anything yet today but my lunch contains only cooked vegetables so I guess even though it's chock full of nutrients and within my calorie allowance I have nothing to brag about. But that's okay, bragging about food seems odd to me anyway. *shrug*

Score! I went down to heat my 2 full servings of cooked vegetables lunch and found that someone had put a fruit tray in the lunch room for sharing. So now I can brag that I ate some raw melons (cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon). Go me!!
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Raw, I've had pea shoots and avocado. Cooked, butternut squash and onion ( in an awesome curry!)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I love my vegetables. They're all cooked. It's tasty and much nicer for my TMJ.

I had some carrots, broccoli, and romaine lettuce with my English muffin this morning. I've got a mixture of mushrooms, bok choy, cucumbers, and sweet potatoes for lunch. They're cooked in butter, a nice way to get some much needed extra fat in, and some Ms. Dash. The banana I'm eating with it is raw.

Dinner is Subway, I guess the veggies I put on that would be raw.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    So far today I've had carrots, celery, onion, jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, spinach, lettuce, and cucumber. I'll have some okra with dinner tonight. I've also had mushrooms, which aren't vegetables but are kinda filed in the "vegetable" category in my mind).
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I ate a chicken that ate corn - does that count as corn?

Dried corn is a grain. That's the next thread thataway ===>

All my veggies for today (tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, garlic) minus the celery w/jalapeño ranch dressing as dip I just finished off were raw until I cooked them. Does that count?

And the raw celery I did eat wasn't particularly fresh. I had to rescue it from its limp fate of heading for the trash bin after languishing at bottom of the crisper drawer for far too long by reviving it in a glass of water overnight. Does that count?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    Saturday, I had a beautiful zucchini plant. Looks like a squash vine borer got to it since.

e070388de1acefc924a0017e615b3257.jpg
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I had my regular "rainbow" salad - red and green leaf lettuce, spinach, purple cabbage, orange and yellow sweet peppers, celery, carrots, green onion ... added a few spritzes of blueberry vinaigrette - yum!
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Raw kale, celery and cucumber and cooked sweet potato. Plus a banana. Was going to have some cherries but then discovered the reason they were so cheap is because they were way past eating.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I ate some herring that was in vegetable oil. Daily vegetable quota met.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If you buy from a retail vendor, it's not fresh. I ate an incompletely rotted stalk of celery today and an incompletely rotted onion.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Lisa_Ookoo wrote: »
    Home-grown tomatoes and avocado from my yard.

You grow your own Avocados!? How hard are they to grow? What type of climate do you live in. I never even thought about growing them? That would be awesome to have your own Avocado tree.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Homegrown romaine, spinach, grape tomatoes, olives, red onion, homegrown cucumber- all in a salad with a hard-boiled egg, bleu cheese, and olive oil & balsamic.