BBC iPlayer "Clean Eating's Dirty Secrets"

Options
2»

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Watching and posting at the same time...

It isn't so much about clean eating as about clean eating veganism. This is the first place that I ever heard clean eating associated with the vegan diet.

How is a potato cleanse clean eating? LOL :D

At 25 minutes in I am just baffled about these "health and wellness" vloggers and bloggers. Yikes. I am shocked that people actually follow these people. And I'm shocked that I'm shocked. Health based on pop culture is just scary.

Wow. Lots of stupidity in this video. Is this why some people attack the term clean eating? Because other people (vloggers) apply it to whatever they want?
  • samilicious01
    samilicious01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Is that it ...I couldn't get past the first 10 mins ....there's just opinion and bad camera work IMO

I'd have liked science ...

I don't disagree that clean eating is faddish and a catch all for loads of approaches ..some of which are inherent unhealthy

I managed 20 mins and then couldn't take anymore. I found it your typical quick fix mentality, so instead I'll continue to eat poorly and be overweight.

I agree that online advice needs to be taken with a large pinch of salt but are we seriously saying everyone who is not plant based eats the same. No they don't, so I didn't see the value in the programme. Oh there was one snippet I agreed with, it's all about balance (seems that applies regardless which lifestyle you choose).