Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Inspiralise me!

MissSusieQ
MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
I've had a spiraliser for ages, but I've never really gone much further with it than zucchini noodles.

Don't get me wrong, I frigging love zucchini noodles. I don't care how lame you think I am, a bowl of zucchini noodles with a little bit of actual pasta and a bit of grated tasty cheese fills me with such delicious joy! That's what I just finished eating for dinner and ISYN I'm so happy right now!!

But.. Maybe there are other things I could be doing with my spiraliser that might also make me just as happy. anyone have suggestions?

Limitations:
I'm a vegetarian
I'm a lazy cook
I like to eat as low cal as possible at dinner time, but I like to feel like I've had plenty to eat.

And.. Go!!

Replies

• funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    http://inspiralized.com/recipes/

Lots of good recipes. Vegetarian, vegan, paleo and gluten-free options. Most are very low-fat and very low calorie. I've liked every recipe I've tried.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    http://inspiralized.com/recipes/

Lots of good recipes. Vegetarian, vegan, paleo and gluten-free options. Most are very low-fat and very low calorie. I've liked every recipe I've tried.

All of this. She's amazing!
  • MissSusieQ
    Brilliant, thanks so much!!

That website looks brilliant and now I want to noodleise ALL THE THINGS!!
  • Big5BigChange
    Big5BigChange Posts: 56 Member
    Looks amazing - lots of great ideas! However, if anybody actually has the dexterity to spiralize a broccoli stem - they are a better person than I! :wink:
  • inezbruce
    inezbruce Posts: 110 Member
    PAD THAI SALAD!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    I just made parsnip noodles for a stirfry. It was pretty good although the flavour was a bit overpowering. i think next time I will try something milder like turnip.
  • bjaneb
    bjaneb Posts: 50 Member
    Sweet potato waffles!
  • MissSusieQ
    I just made parsnip noodles for a stirfry. It was pretty good although the flavour was a bit overpowering. i think next time I will try something milder like turnip.

maybe the parsnips you get are different to Aussie parsnips - I can't imagine spiralising one! even though the biggest ones at the shops could be up to 9 inches long, they're so skinny for over half that length that they'd pretty much slip through the centre hole of the spiraliser!
  • MissSusieQ
    Looks amazing - lots of great ideas! However, if anybody actually has the dexterity to spiralize a broccoli stem - they are a better person than I! :wink:

i'm looking forward to giving it a crack - I don't really see what the problem would be.. either our spiralisers are different (mine's very similar to the inspiraliser), or our broccoli is!

maybe I'm talking out of my bum though - check back with me when I've tried it!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member

I've done it. Required no dexterity at all. What was the issue?