Inspiralise me!

Options
MissSusieQ
MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
I've had a spiraliser for ages, but I've never really gone much further with it than zucchini noodles.

Don't get me wrong, I frigging love zucchini noodles. I don't care how lame you think I am, a bowl of zucchini noodles with a little bit of actual pasta and a bit of grated tasty cheese fills me with such delicious joy! That's what I just finished eating for dinner and ISYN I'm so happy right now!!

But.. Maybe there are other things I could be doing with my spiraliser that might also make me just as happy. anyone have suggestions?

Limitations:
I'm a vegetarian
I'm a lazy cook
I like to eat as low cal as possible at dinner time, but I like to feel like I've had plenty to eat.

And.. Go!!

Replies

• funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    http://inspiralized.com/recipes/

Lots of good recipes. Vegetarian, vegan, paleo and gluten-free options. Most are very low-fat and very low calorie. I've liked every recipe I've tried.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    http://inspiralized.com/recipes/

Lots of good recipes. Vegetarian, vegan, paleo and gluten-free options. Most are very low-fat and very low calorie. I've liked every recipe I've tried.

All of this. She's amazing!
  • MissSusieQ
    Options
    Brilliant, thanks so much!!

That website looks brilliant and now I want to noodleise ALL THE THINGS!!
  • Big5BigChange
    Big5BigChange Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing - lots of great ideas! However, if anybody actually has the dexterity to spiralize a broccoli stem - they are a better person than I! :wink:
  • inezbruce
    inezbruce Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    PAD THAI SALAD!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I just made parsnip noodles for a stirfry. It was pretty good although the flavour was a bit overpowering. i think next time I will try something milder like turnip.
  • bjaneb
    bjaneb Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato waffles!
  • MissSusieQ
    Options
    I just made parsnip noodles for a stirfry. It was pretty good although the flavour was a bit overpowering. i think next time I will try something milder like turnip.

maybe the parsnips you get are different to Aussie parsnips - I can't imagine spiralising one! even though the biggest ones at the shops could be up to 9 inches long, they're so skinny for over half that length that they'd pretty much slip through the centre hole of the spiraliser!
  • MissSusieQ
    Options
    Looks amazing - lots of great ideas! However, if anybody actually has the dexterity to spiralize a broccoli stem - they are a better person than I! :wink:

i'm looking forward to giving it a crack - I don't really see what the problem would be.. either our spiralisers are different (mine's very similar to the inspiraliser), or our broccoli is!

maybe I'm talking out of my bum though - check back with me when I've tried it!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options

I've done it. Required no dexterity at all. What was the issue?