Replies

• tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Zombella wrote: »
    I'm not going to lie, I love LeanCuisine macaroni and cheese and pizza. Mainly because they are two things that I love to eat, but they are not good for you. No, LeanCuisine isn't the best choice, but if I am on a low fat diet and crave mac and cheese, it is my go-to. I really should give the cheese up entirely.

Why are they not good for you? They are portion controlled and usually under 400 calories. Most of the ones I get have meat, starch, and vegetables. How is that different than if I meal prep at home and make grilled chicken, rice, and vegetables and put it in a tupperware to take to work? They can be high in sodium, but if there is not a medical reason to restrict sodium, most people will not have an adverse impact.

Why give up cheese entirely?

I think they were actually saying that the mac & cheese and pizza they would otherwise eat are not good for you, so they eat the Lean Cuisine versions instead!

But yeah, why give up cheese entirely? Sometimes it's so good that portion control is hard, but it's worth finding ways to make it fit :)

Ahhh - I totally misread that! That makes more sense, but I still want to know what's wrong with cheese!?

I asked the same thing :D. Yes, it is calorie dense, so portion control is important. But I've lost 50 lbs and kept it off for two and a half years now, eating cheese nearly daily! I go through at least 8 oz a week... If cheese is wrong I don't want to be right :P

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    Pizza and pork and rice is not healthy.

how is pizza or pork/rice not healthy? I can see not being fond of those things but you can still eat those things if you want to,just not as much.

Neither Pizza nor pork and rice is very healthy. That of course depends on how you make it, but regular pizza is crap, it tastes good, but it's crap, don't be fooled because it may have vegetables on it.

I have to disagree. If I make a pizza I'm putting bread dough, tomato sauce, cheese and veggies together and baking them. Even if I order one out it's thin crust and veggie toppings. How is that not healthy? As long as you're not ordering the triple meat, extra cheese, deep dish pan pizza and polishing the whole thing off yourself I don't see what the problem is.

This^

It's lifestyle changes for me too. There are a few things I will pretty much eliminate from my diet, but that's because they aren't worth the calories (to me). Never a huge potato chip fan.....so I can skip those, no problem.

But PIZZA! Yum. I will figure out how to keep this in my diet forever. I don't care if someone deems it "unhealthy" whatever their definition is.
  • FLBeachluvr
    FLBeachluvr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I eat either a Smart Ones frozen meal or a Lean Cuisine every day for lunch and have for years. Since I make homemade breakfasts and dinners I don't worry about it. Still better (and cheaper) than going out for lunch every day.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Pizza and pork and rice is not healthy.

how is pizza or pork/rice not healthy? I can see not being fond of those things but you can still eat those things if you want to,just not as much.

Neither Pizza nor pork and rice is very healthy. That of course depends on how you make it, but regular pizza is crap, it tastes good, but it's crap, don't be fooled because it may have vegetables on it.

so tell me how they arent healthy? there is protein/nutrients in pork,rice has some protein and healthy carbs and other nutrients. how is pizza crap too? I lost weight eating those foods and Im healthier than I was when I was a smaller size. so how are they unhealthy?

The typical pizza that is bought in stores or from delivery places is fatty and greasy. You can make pizza which could be healthy, but generally pizza isn't healthy. It's like saying a cheesecake is healthy. Pork and rice can be healthy, BUT my man wants grandma's home cooking taste which means a TON of grease and love. We all know home cooked meals. Lol. That is what I meant by it.

everything in moderation though and fat (if its the right kind) is healthy, not saying the fat and grease is but usually the grease on pizza is from the pepperoni or the meat they use.I still dont see how you think its not healthy though in general. you have your flour(crust) your sauce,your cheese and any meat/veggies. sure its high calorie but its not going kill you,well unless you have a health issue or you eat it all the time and nothing else.as for home cooked meals,they dont have to be greasy.also it all depends on the cut of pork and what the pig was fed too. I have had some fresh pork that wasnt greasy or fatty at all.I mean its not my favorite unless its bacon lol but I get your point now and how you feel about it and thats fine.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Cost is another thing. A lean Cuisine is $6.69 here, and the satay chicken meal I'm having on Saturday cost $7.59. I couldn't afford to eat like that everyday, especially for two of us. No doubt they're much cheaper in the US.

Holy crap. These are usually 3 for $10, sometimes less, at my market.

Yeah it sucks! I think you guys would pass out if you saw our prices :(