Shakeology?

Options
Muppyooh
Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
Hi all. I'm once again starting my weight loss journey… Again. I've had Piyo DVDs for a couple years now and just did the first one today. What does everyone think of Shakeology? I might want to order some but I'm not sure if it's worth the money.

Replies

• jawsd54
    jawsd54 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I recently just started using Shakeology and can definitely notice the difference. Yes its a lot of money up front, but it isn't bad if you use it to replace a meal. Does a very good job of filling you up for around 250 calories.
  • djstatick
    djstatick Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the other posters. It's hella expensive, tastes blah, and isn't all that great for you. Make your own protein shakes at home. Honestly, a high quality multi and a premier protein ready to go shake will give you the same nutrition for way less price and tastes way better.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Personally I prefer to eat my calories shakes do not fill me up. I can get plenty of protein by fage greek yogurt and old fashion oats. I guess if you really wanted to you could use the fage to make your protein shakes.
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    jawsd54 wrote: »
    I recently just started using Shakeology and can definitely notice the difference. Yes its a lot of money up front, but it isn't bad if you use it to replace a meal. Does a very good job of filling you up for around 250 calories.

Sooooo...there's nothing special about it that would warrant the cost? Oh, ok.

I'd prefer to spend my hard earned cash on actual food, and if I wanted a smoothie/shake, I'd make it myself or stop by (insert your local smoothie/shake place here). They actually do have some good options if you aren't ridiculously picky.

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I like chewing. Plus has anybody ever lost and maintained their weight loss for a significant period of time using something like this? I genuinely would like someone to post if they have.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm once again starting my weight loss journey… Again. I've had Piyo DVDs for a couple years now and just did the first one today. What does everyone think of Shakeology? I might want to order some but I'm not sure if it's worth the money.

To elaborate on my initial response: You have lost weight before, and regained. Most of us have been there and done that as well. Some of us have found a way to stop "yoyo"ing: Eating and living in a sustainable way is crucial. Sustainable means that you can see yourself doing it, happily, for the rest of your life, just with a slightly larger calorie intake. Can you see yourself happily drinking "weight loss shakes"? Or do you, like most of us, like to eat?
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Good point. I love to eat. Hence, my problem. Lol. Sustaining is always my downfall. Thank you for the food for thought! Pun intended.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Good point. I love to eat. Hence, my problem. Lol. Sustaining is always my downfall. Thank you for the food for thought! Pun intended.

:D
    The good news is that you aren't going to stop eating. You just have to stop overeating. You can still, and should, love food - in fact - love of food comes from eating it in appropriate amounts, not mindlessly shoveling. It takes practice and commitment - but I think it's totally worth it.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Quick fix, just literally stick to mfp
  • AshleyShropshire
    AshleyShropshire Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I drink it every day and I love it! The strawberry one is amazing, I throw in 1/2 a banana and a huge heaping of spinach. I drink it on my way to work every day and I feel fabulous. I recommend trying it for yourself and seeing how you like it and feel on it. Let me know if you try it and what you think!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @denise123177 Here is the question I would ask myself if I was contemplating ordering something like Shakeology: Is this something that I am going to include in my food plan for the rest of my life? If the answer is "probably not", then I don't order or buy it.
  • AshleyShropshire
    AshleyShropshire Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It feels good knowing I'm drinking something with so many good ingredients, knowing how good it is for my health. And I have more energy throughout the day, which always feels fabulous to me :)