What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Options

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Drinking some diet Pepsi, watching Tommy Boy, gonna brush my teeth in a bit and go hop into bed. Zzzzzzzzz.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    So now it's quiet and my daughter is getting cleaned and her bedding changed, I'll tell you what has happened. Wednesday morning, she was hit by an SUV down in Florida, where she lives, while trying to get her dog out of the street. One of her friends was there and the driver stopped to help too and they kept her conscious until medics arrived. She has a broken pelvis, dislocated hip and some bad road rash. The worst part though was she suffered some trauma to the head. The pressure in her skull was going up and they tried everything they could to keep it down until ultimately they had to perform a craniectomy. Since the portion of her skull was removed, her vitals have been pretty good. The swelling of the brain seems to have peaked, but is not going down yet. She has been under heavy sedation until early this morning when they started weaning her off. Her vitals came up showing some discomfort, but not much more of any type of reaction. She was finally stable enough to get an MRI this afternoon and we'll find out the results of that tomorrow. This is going to be the longest night of my life.

But that's where we're at, keeping her as comfortable as possible and hope that her brain is healing. Just a waiting game seems to be the favorite phase.

My wife and kids, dad and sister are down here from Michigan. The hard part is the nights. One person at bedside overnight, so the last couple of nights it's just been me alone with my thoughts. Talking to her. Hoping to have a conversation with her about what she remembers during this time.

So... That's what's going on with me. One day at a time, but also trying to figure out how long I can stay down here with her.

Thanks to those of you that have reached out. I truly appreciate all of it. I'm likely going to stop giving individual updates though because it's just too much right now.

And someone please TL;DR this because I need the laugh.

TL;DR .. :)

Hopefully she's on her way to 100% recovery now. Look after yourself too Tj..
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    SurfyPants wrote: »
    Eating these macaroons that I brought for tomorrow's morning tea break at work :D

5872yows5qac.jpg

Oooooo! Colorful! :smiley:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Up too early, drinking coffee, though I'm guessing that will not help much. Blah!
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Drinking coffee wondering why I’m awake so early on a Sunday.
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Enjoying my French press coffee & looking out my window at the Catalina Mountains :)<3
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    dwrightlaw wrote: »
    Enjoying my French press coffee & looking out my window at the Catalina Mountains :)<3

It’s the *kitten* Catalina coffee mixer
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    eccomi_qui wrote: »
    dwrightlaw wrote: »

It’s the *kitten* Catalina coffee mixer

Love that movie!
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Getting ready for my Sunday run.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    I'm making a list of all the places I want to visit to take photos this year. I've found some places I had no idea about.

How many Olive Gardens do you plan on photographing?
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to celebrate an important day for a special someone <3
  • caiteh86
    caiteh86 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Organizing my bedroom
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Sipping cafe con leche after yoga and thinking of changing my diet up