What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Options

Replies

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    My take on the fight...

1- Wilder got hit early in the first round with a hard shot, then his balls dropped off...

2- Fury fought a brilliant fight... I expected Fury to be the aggressor and Wilder the counter dancer but... Fury had a plan, he backed up for much of the early rounds and forced Wilder to come forward and bottle necked him into shots most of the fight

3- I can't believe he got up either @Tenebrous_D I thought the fight was over at that point..

What Fury did that was brilliant was after the knock down... He didn't try to get up right away like most fighters do, had he tried to get up too quickly, fights over... Instead he stayed down and took his time before trying to get back up... Which I think saved him...

Fury fought brilliantly and really won me over in the end with his sportsmanship

@bojack5

I don't know what fight the judge that scored it 115-111 Wilder was watching.

Yeah that's pretty outrageous... The knockdowns made it close but Fury deserves the win.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    My take on the fight...

1- Wilder got hit early in the first round with a hard shot, then his balls dropped off...

2- Fury fought a brilliant fight... I expected Fury to be the aggressor and Wilder the counter dancer but... Fury had a plan, he backed up for much of the early rounds and forced Wilder to come forward and bottle necked him into shots most of the fight

3- I can't believe he got up either @Tenebrous_D I thought the fight was over at that point..

What Fury did that was brilliant was after the knock down... He didn't try to get up right away like most fighters do, had he tried to get up too quickly, fights over... Instead he stayed down and took his time before trying to get back up... Which I think saved him...

Fury fought brilliantly and really won me over in the end with his sportsmanship

@bojack5

Yeah that's pretty outrageous... The knockdowns made it close but Fury deserves the win.

Ringside judge was Alejandro Rochin.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    8am here in the UK, currently sitting on the couch with a cup of tea reading these forums.

...and yes, Fury was robbed!
  • MonMonTails
    MonMonTails Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good morning from Sweden! I'm drinking coffee and reading *kitten* on the world wide web while waking up.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    My take on the fight...

@bojack5

Ringside judge was Alejandro Rochin.

Minuts before the decision I said to my brother.... It's Al Hayman, who knows wtf is going to happen
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    h2p2e50zj03i.jpg
    Sitting in a laundromat
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Another Loser non-existent social life Saturday night doing laundry & heading to the gym with others who refuse to believe in social norms. I just can't bring myself to do laundry on Sundays or follow social norms in general, lol; outcast for life

LOL. Here's to outcasts! Middle fingers in the air and especially to laundry on Sunday. Just won't do it!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Another Loser non-existent social life Saturday night doing laundry & heading to the gym with others who refuse to believe in social norms. I just can't bring myself to do laundry on Sundays or follow social norms in general, lol; outcast for life

Awww 😙
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    My take on the fight...

@bojack5

Was pleasantly surprised by this fight. I think Fury definitely deserved the win! I actually dont think Wilder was hurt in the beginning by Fury's punches as much as he was absolutely frustrated.....i think thats what took his balls. He was swinging wildly for a KO and fury just used movement and crisp combinations to just completely dominate Wilder. Deontay looked like a bar room brawler a lot of the time throwing punches so wide he'd stumble off balance. Fury stuck with his gameplan, stayed calm and just outboxed Wilder. I think if Fury had more power Wilder gets knocked out.

Also, they said it on the telecast and i cant agree enough, kudos for the ref not stopping that fight in the 12th when Fury went down. He went down hard and 9 out of 10 refs dont even count there they just wave it off. You are right Jess, Fury took every available second to get his wits back together and was very smart about it, im glad the ref gave him that chance.

Overall a real entertaining fight. I think the huge weight disparity had a difference as well. Wilder only weighed 212 to Furys 257......the difference showed when Wilder had nothing left in the tank to finish Fury off in the 12th. Fury actually finished stronger after he got up. Deontay was gassed.

Love seeing the heavyweight division being relevant again :)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Drinking coffee
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    Watching the snow fall.
  • ailsalw
    ailsalw Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Dancing and singing round the house doing chores
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Prolly annoying the neighbors with bagpipe music playing so early in the morning while making spaghetti and turkey meatballs for the week.
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Listening to Hallelujah on YouTube...over and over...but only half way and then it starts again....welcome to the world of autism folks....I actually ❤ it but it's driving his nana who's visiting batshit crazy....and THAT, I'm enjoying while I sip coffee and snicker!😏. Have a glorious morning *kitten*!!!😘
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options

LOL. Here's to outcasts! Middle fingers in the air and especially to laundry on Sunday. Just won't do it!

Love fellow rebels!!!😎🤘👊❤
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Heading to the airport. Orlando here i come (:
    Have fun! I’ll be there next Wednesday for Disney World
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    My take on the fight...

@bojack5

Was pleasantly surprised by this fight. I think Fury definitely deserved the win! I actually dont think Wilder was hurt in the beginning by Fury's punches as much as he was absolutely frustrated.....i think thats what took his balls. He was swinging wildly for a KO and fury just used movement and crisp combinations to just completely dominate Wilder. Deontay looked like a bar room brawler a lot of the time throwing punches so wide he'd stumble off balance. Fury stuck with his gameplan, stayed calm and just outboxed Wilder. I think if Fury had more power Wilder gets knocked out.

Also, they said it on the telecast and i cant agree enough, kudos for the ref not stopping that fight in the 12th when Fury went down. He went down hard and 9 out of 10 refs dont even count there they just wave it off. You are right Jess, Fury took every available second to get his wits back together and was very smart about it, im glad the ref gave him that chance.

Overall a real entertaining fight. I think the huge weight disparity had a difference as well. Wilder only weighed 212 to Furys 257......the difference showed when Wilder had nothing left in the tank to finish Fury off in the 12th. Fury actually finished stronger after he got up. Deontay was gassed.

You're right... To say one big shot early changed the trajectory of the fight, jus isn't given Fury enough credit for what he accomplished.

His head movement was pretty amazing and his stamina for such a large guy was equally impressive...

And yeah, a lot of credit to the ref for letting the fight continue.

Likewise I think if Wilder csme in a bit heavier, he may have finished it... But maybe not

Another thing that stood out was neither fighter had any legs... Manny Pacquiao has bigger calves than either fighter lol... Another thing that could have made the difference

My brother and were thinking the last HW ME on PPV was Tyson v Lewis... 16yrs ago
  • Tommy7570
    Tommy7570 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Trying to do some work (and failing!)
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    My take on the fight...

@bojack5

You're right... To say one big shot early changed the trajectory of the fight, jus isn't given Fury enough credit for what he accomplished.

His head movement was pretty amazing and his stamina for such a large guy was equally impressive...

And yeah, a lot of credit to the ref for letting the fight continue.

Likewise I think if Wilder csme in a bit heavier, he may have finished it... But maybe not

Another thing that stood out was neither fighter had any legs... Manny Pacquiao has bigger calves than either fighter lol... Another thing that could have made the difference

My brother and were thinking the last HW ME on PPV was Tyson v Lewis... 16yrs ago

@competeagain4x Hey Dude, I thought it was a pretty awesome entertaining fight... Tagged you on this because I saw your tag... Here's what we thought above...

What are your thoughts?