What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Options

Replies

• competeagain4x
    competeagain4x Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    My take on the fight...

1- Wilder got hit early in the first round with a hard shot, then his balls dropped off...

2- Fury fought a brilliant fight... I expected Fury to be the aggressor and Wilder the counter dancer but... Fury had a plan, he backed up for much of the early rounds and forced Wilder to come forward and bottle necked him into shots most of the fight

3- I can't believe he got up either @Tenebrous_D I thought the fight was over at that point..

What Fury did that was brilliant was after the knock down... He didn't try to get up right away like most fighters do, had he tried to get up too quickly, fights over... Instead he stayed down and took his time before trying to get back up... Which I think saved him...

Fury fought brilliantly and really won me over in the end with his sportsmanship

@bojack5

Was pleasantly surprised by this fight. I think Fury definitely deserved the win! I actually dont think Wilder was hurt in the beginning by Fury's punches as much as he was absolutely frustrated.....i think thats what took his balls. He was swinging wildly for a KO and fury just used movement and crisp combinations to just completely dominate Wilder. Deontay looked like a bar room brawler a lot of the time throwing punches so wide he'd stumble off balance. Fury stuck with his gameplan, stayed calm and just outboxed Wilder. I think if Fury had more power Wilder gets knocked out.

Also, they said it on the telecast and i cant agree enough, kudos for the ref not stopping that fight in the 12th when Fury went down. He went down hard and 9 out of 10 refs dont even count there they just wave it off. You are right Jess, Fury took every available second to get his wits back together and was very smart about it, im glad the ref gave him that chance.

Overall a real entertaining fight. I think the huge weight disparity had a difference as well. Wilder only weighed 212 to Furys 257......the difference showed when Wilder had nothing left in the tank to finish Fury off in the 12th. Fury actually finished stronger after he got up. Deontay was gassed.

Love seeing the heavyweight division being relevant again :)

You're right... To say one big shot early changed the trajectory of the fight, jus isn't given Fury enough credit for what he accomplished.

His head movement was pretty amazing and his stamina for such a large guy was equally impressive...

And yeah, a lot of credit to the ref for letting the fight continue.

Likewise I think if Wilder csme in a bit heavier, he may have finished it... But maybe not

Another thing that stood out was neither fighter had any legs... Manny Pacquiao has bigger calves than either fighter lol... Another thing that could have made the difference

My brother and were thinking the last HW ME on PPV was Tyson v Lewis... 16yrs ago

@competeagain4x Hey Dude, I thought it was a pretty awesome entertaining fight... Tagged you on this because I saw your tag... Here's what we thought above...

What are your thoughts?

Just read it haha nice and thanks!
  • competeagain4x
    competeagain4x Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    My take on the fight...

1- Wilder got hit early in the first round with a hard shot, then his balls dropped off...

2- Fury fought a brilliant fight... I expected Fury to be the aggressor and Wilder the counter dancer but... Fury had a plan, he backed up for much of the early rounds and forced Wilder to come forward and bottle necked him into shots most of the fight

3- I can't believe he got up either @Tenebrous_D I thought the fight was over at that point..

What Fury did that was brilliant was after the knock down... He didn't try to get up right away like most fighters do, had he tried to get up too quickly, fights over... Instead he stayed down and took his time before trying to get back up... Which I think saved him...

Fury fought brilliantly and really won me over in the end with his sportsmanship

@bojack5

Was pleasantly surprised by this fight. I think Fury definitely deserved the win! I actually dont think Wilder was hurt in the beginning by Fury's punches as much as he was absolutely frustrated.....i think thats what took his balls. He was swinging wildly for a KO and fury just used movement and crisp combinations to just completely dominate Wilder. Deontay looked like a bar room brawler a lot of the time throwing punches so wide he'd stumble off balance. Fury stuck with his gameplan, stayed calm and just outboxed Wilder. I think if Fury had more power Wilder gets knocked out.

Also, they said it on the telecast and i cant agree enough, kudos for the ref not stopping that fight in the 12th when Fury went down. He went down hard and 9 out of 10 refs dont even count there they just wave it off. You are right Jess, Fury took every available second to get his wits back together and was very smart about it, im glad the ref gave him that chance.

Overall a real entertaining fight. I think the huge weight disparity had a difference as well. Wilder only weighed 212 to Furys 257......the difference showed when Wilder had nothing left in the tank to finish Fury off in the 12th. Fury actually finished stronger after he got up. Deontay was gassed.

Love seeing the heavyweight division being relevant again :)

You're right... To say one big shot early changed the trajectory of the fight, jus isn't given Fury enough credit for what he accomplished.

His head movement was pretty amazing and his stamina for such a large guy was equally impressive...

And yeah, a lot of credit to the ref for letting the fight continue.

Likewise I think if Wilder csme in a bit heavier, he may have finished it... But maybe not

Another thing that stood out was neither fighter had any legs... Manny Pacquiao has bigger calves than either fighter lol... Another thing that could have made the difference

My brother and were thinking the last HW ME on PPV was Tyson v Lewis... 16yrs ago

@competeagain4x Hey Dude, I thought it was a pretty awesome entertaining fight... Tagged you on this because I saw your tag... Here's what we thought above...

What are your thoughts?

It was certainly entertaining! I was waiting all fight for Wilder to catch him. He did...2x!!
    I swear I think he was out cold that second one, came to, and zombied himself up! What a beast!
    I think Fury won that fight though. The only 2 rounds I thought wilder won were the 2 knockdown rounds. Even at 10-8 for those 2 don’t get him near a draw. But that’s boxing. Can’t wait for the rematch!!!
  • Tommy7570
    Tommy7570 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym, hit the bag, count to 10, repeat until the feeling passes.

She’s not worth lowering yourself for, and she’ll just go on about it at the next family event! You not be the only one thinking she’s a 🐮😉
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I'm considering writing a letter to my ex sister-in-law and telling her just exactly what I think about her behaviour over the years.
    Forty years I've known her and I've never said what I really wanted to.
    Her "meltdown" at Thanksgiving has me really mad.
    I don't think I can let it go till I tell her what's on my mind.
    I'm not sure it's the right thing to do, (she actually deserves a punch) but I think I'll write it anyway.

Sometimes just writing it down is a good way to let it out and get over it....hugs and sorry you have one of those in your life girl!💙 but if you send it, it may cause more drama for you....so get it out, then do what I do....make lil voodoo dolls and drop kick those *kitten* a few times😁👍
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I'm considering writing a letter to my ex sister-in-law and telling her just exactly what I think about her behaviour over the years.
    I'm not sure it's the right thing to do, (she actually deserves a punch) but I think I'll write it anyway.

Sometimes just writing it down is a good way to let it out and get over it....hugs and sorry you have one of those in your life girl!💙 but if you send it, it may cause more drama for you....so get it out, then do what I do....make lil voodoo dolls and drop kick those *kitten* a few times😁👍

Thank you!
    You're right, I shouldn't send a letter.
    It would only prolong the drama and she'd have my words in writing and that couldn't be a good thing, lol.
    I'll find an outlet for my anger that will burn some calories!
  • honeybee__12
    Options
    Tommy7570 wrote: »
    Go to the gym, hit the bag, count to 10, repeat until the feeling passes.

She’s not worth lowering yourself for, and she’ll just go on about it at the next family event! You not be the only one thinking she’s a 🐮😉

You are so right!
    Thank you for reminding me. :smile:
  • ailsalw
    ailsalw Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

Write it then burn it
    It sounds crazy but it’s satisfying
    Don’t send it, sounds like she would only make a drama out of it which makes it worse for you
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    ailsalw wrote: »

Write it then burn it
    Don’t send it, sounds like she would only make a drama out of it which makes it worse for you.

I was just about to write this. Less vexing than having the ex-sis-in-law use the letter for irl rebuttal bulletpoints.
  • ailsalw
    Options
    Right now I’m at a family dinner and had a huge argument with my brother over last nights boxing
    “Wilder was the better fighter”
    SHUT UP YOU TOOL!
    So now I’m going to wait for his food to arrive and stick my finger in it
    Yeah childish but it’s either that or kick his shins under the table and his legs are longer than mine
  • honeybee__12
    Options

Write it then burn it
    Don’t send it, sounds like she would only make a drama out of it which makes it worse for you

Burn it! (an aha moment)

When my marriage was falling apart I wrote down my angry feelings.
    My ex found my journal (hidden inside the lining of an old jacket)
    and read it all.
    What a nightmare!
    I should have BURNED those thoughts away,
    Duh!
  • ailsalw
    Options

Write it then burn it

Burn it! (an aha moment)

When my marriage was falling apart I wrote down my angry feelings.
    My ex found my journal (hidden inside the lining of an old jacket)
    and read it all.
    What a nightmare!
    I should have BURNED those thoughts away,
    Duh!

I have some good ideas sometimes lol
  • Tommy7570
    Options
    Right now I’m at a family dinner and had a huge argument with my brother over last nights boxing
    SHUT UP YOU TOOL!
    Yeah childish but it’s either that or kick his shins under the table and his legs are longer than mine

Maybe put you finger in your ear first? Sounds like it’s deserved if he’s waxing lyrical 😉
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    SHUT UP YOU TOOL!

((Smile) ) ... Family. Only, when little bro is around, he cooks like my Dad did.

Pepping for our little dialogue about the match later today. Am skipping church to rewatch, so I have all rounds broken down. Distance is what will prevent any petty responses on my part 😉 @kick his shins under the table :laugh:
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    I am feeding a lovely old lady some Oatmeal
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Cleaning this house... it's a workout!
  • Tommy7570
    Options
    Can’t beat lunges with the Hoover😀
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Listening to Hallelujah on YouTube...over and over...but only half way and then it starts again....welcome to the world of autism folks....I actually ❤ it but it's driving his nana who's visiting batshit crazy....and THAT, I'm enjoying while I sip coffee and snicker!😏. Have a glorious morning *kitten*!!!😘

Dearest ... Oh for moments of sweet revenge. And you didn't have to do a thing ... The Universe in its reciprocity ((smile)). Nothing like the unquiet of Hallelujah. 😉

Sunday blessings to you and our nephew darling.((kisses))
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I am feeding a lovely old lady some Oatmeal

Bestest!!!💗💗💗💗👍
  • ArmyMedic23PFA
    ArmyMedic23PFA Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    bathtime