What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Options

Replies

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options
    Laying on a heating pad. I think it may be time to stop lifting people that are much larger than I am.
    Or maybe work for a company that has a "no lift policy."

I feel like you would disregard a no lift policy
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Still on the couch but my strawberries have been roasted and strained
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    Christmas food shopping. I’m doing breakfasts, veggies, & a couple of sides. Artichoke & endive & mushrooms oh my
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Christmas food shopping. I’m doing breakfasts, veggies, & a couple of sides. Artichoke & endive & mushrooms oh my

What are you doing for Christmas breakfasts?

I'm hosting 3 holiday events... Christmas, first second Christmas and second second Christmas. I have groceries arriving tomorrow for all of them. Oh ya also gonna make danishes to take to my mom's for Christmas morning
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

I'm hosting 3 holiday events... Christmas, first second Christmas and second second Christmas. I have groceries arriving tomorrow for all of them. Oh ya also gonna make danishes to take to my mom's for Christmas morning
    NYT yeasted waffles one day & cinnamon rolls with eggs & bacon etc the next
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

I've never done yeasted waffles I just do buttermilk. I should try them sometime
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Just finished making bourbon pecan chocolate chip cookie dough. It needs to refrigerate for 4 hours before baking. So I guess I should have a 4 hour beauty nap right? 😂
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Just back from the grocery store to get stuff I forget to put in my grocery order being delivered soon
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Getting ready for a cheerful day at home roasting chestnuts, serving bright fruits, laughing in the kitchen
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited December 2023
    Options

I've never done yeasted waffles I just do buttermilk. I should try them sometime

I find waffles in general to be kind of a pain in the *kitten* but my kids love them. It’s nice because I do them so seldom that it really makes it special. We like buttermilk waffles but sometimes I feel like if I’m going to go to all the hassle then I’m really gonna go all the way. The yeasted ones are my personal favorite because they are crispy on the outside and almost creamy on the inside and they’re not floppy.

Two things that I don’t like about them is that they do require extra waiting time because of the yeast so they take some planning. I also have a bug up my *kitten* about the New York Times because they don’t always let you access the recipes without paying. It’s OK in this case because I have it saved.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,357 Member
    Options
    Making peanut butter cookies
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,562 Member
    Options
    Heading out to the grocery store early to hopefully avoid the crowds 🤞
  • TamraLynn78
    TamraLynn78 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Just finished making bourbon pecan chocolate chip cookie dough. It needs to refrigerate for 4 hours before baking. So I guess I should have a 4 hour beauty nap right? 😂

Those cookies sound amazing! How did they turn out?
  • TamraLynn78
    TamraLynn78 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Waiting on my boys to come home. They spent the day at the shooting range, and I’m excited to know how it went.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

I find waffles in general to be kind of a pain in the *kitten* but my kids love them. It’s nice because I do them so seldom that it really makes it special. We like buttermilk waffles but sometimes I feel like if I’m going to go to all the hassle then I’m really gonna go all the way. The yeasted ones are my personal favorite because they are crispy on the outside and almost creamy on the inside and they’re not floppy.

Two things that I don’t like about them is that they do require extra waiting time because of the yeast so they take some planning. I also have a bug up my *kitten* about the New York Times because they don’t always let you access the recipes without paying. It’s OK in this case because I have it saved.

Omg yes about the NYT recipes. I started screenshotting them when I start cause sometimes they just disappear. They have a great recipe for Pitas which I forgot to screen shot so now I used King Arthur Baking's recipe
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,357 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Omg yes about the NYT recipes. I started screenshotting them when I start cause sometimes they just disappear. They have a great recipe for Pitas which I forgot to screen shot so now I used King Arthur Baking's recipe [/quote]
    This one? Merry Christmas 🎄
    utaahxmmasey.jpgt19m57d5q2ti.jpg0p91tc6hrusj.jpgyo0foudtyi3k.jpg25qpm39zrk2p.jpg4xv4379ek7m8.jpg

• Alinouveau2
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »

Omg yes about the NYT recipes. I started screenshotting them when I start cause sometimes they just disappear. They have a great recipe for Pitas which I forgot to screen shot so now I used King Arthur Baking's recipe
    utaahxmmasey.jpgt19m57d5q2ti.jpg0p91tc6hrusj.jpgyo0foudtyi3k.jpg25qpm39zrk2p.jpg4xv4379ek7m8.jpg

[/quote]

Hahha yes!!!!! Thank you. Fresh pitas are the best!
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Cleaning up after making these....next up...cheesecake ootnb3cucvow.jpg
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »

[/quote]

So thoughtful 🤗❤️