How did you guys start your diet/lifestyle change?

Options
13»

Replies

• itzCoffeeTime
    Options
    For me it started with substituting my high calorie drinks for water or diet soda. It really makes a tremendous difference because it really is shocking how many calories I consumed just drinking. Of course if needed this could be a gradual change. Instead of a couple sodas a day have just one. Then instead of one a day maybe only a couple a week, etc etc. This is one of the easiest ways to reduce caloric intake because of how many calories are contained in sugary drinks.

Next I started cutting out fast food. Again this can be a gradual progression if your friend is a fast food junkie like I once was. I limited fast food to a couple times a week. Then I further reduced to once a week until it was eliminated from my diet. Any easy substitution for me was a good protein like chicken breast, turkey, or roast beef on some wheat bread. Top it off with a lot of veggies to keep you full. It really was amazing how well my body responded to this change.

Im now in the process of transitioning from sandwiches to just proteins and salads for lunch. This is a hard one but again I use my transition strategy and it seems to be working well. The most important thing for me was allowing myself a cheat meal every once in a while to keep my sanity.