How to NOT get your brother's support on getting fit [PICS]

Options
BathtubBadger
BathtubBadger Posts: 217 Member
So as soon as I started getting more serious about this whole thing, I let my whole family know I wasn’t playing around. They respected my decision and embraced the fact I wouldn’t eat the same as them during family dinners and whatnot.
I moved in with my brother for university last year. We’ve always had a pretty normal brother-sister relationship (and yes, by normal I mean that sometimes I want to plant the sole of my foot against his nose and we’ll argue over what scent of dish soap has to be purchased).
My brother and I have very little in common, and that applies to looks as well:

3BlhZ.jpg

Don’t let his baby face fool yah. This guy, right here, is the second most stubborn human being to walk the earth. And that’s where lies the only similarity between us: I am first.

This has always been our safe haven at home. We’ve always been laid back, chill, lazy people. And that’s why we have a hammock in the middle of our living room.

3Bnx6.jpg
“This hammock has seen things.”, he proudly says.

My brother loves his hammock. And don’t get me wrong, as much as I love that little annoying *kitten*, the hammock was occupying a very precious spot that could not be exchanged:

3BnA3.jpg
“Is that a huge punching bag next to our minibar and grandma’s 19th century glassware?”

Badass at-home gym. I have to admit, I am really proud of it. Come on, bro, the hammock is cool and whatnot, but it’s not PUNCHING BAG cool. And laziness doesn’t fit my new active lifestyle.
So he got home, grabbed a bag of chips and went straight to his hammock where he’d be able to chill and use his laptop. He stood still for a few seconds, speechless and drowned in a puddle of disbelief. “Wha… Where the hell did you get that?”
He promptly grabbed the bag, trying to remove it from the hook. He didn’t expect it would be _that_ heavy. “Wha…. How the hell did you get that up there?”

He tried convincing me to get it off the hook. I said I couldn’t, it was way too heavy. I used a couple chairs to get it supported and just hook the thing in place, but I wouldn’t tell him that.
The next day he successfully gets to lift the 180 lb bag and replace his most loved hammock. I wasn’t at home, so I have no idea how that went. All I know is, as soon as I got home, while he showered, I removed the hammock and managed to hook the bag back in place.

And if that meant war, I would have my best war face on:

3Bnms.jpg
Mel Gibson, anyone? Close enough.

Now I just needed to convince him to let me paint his face like Kratos’:
kratos_2.jpg

To my surprise, though, my brother picked up the gloves and started punching the bag, not me. I was a bit disappointed my hard work went literally down the drain (and left the whole bathroom floor painted blue, but that’s another story).

So… Pals? Pals.

I made him this as a “thank you” gift (translates “you’re the sexiest, best brother in the world. But you are not Kratos”).
3BnsV.jpg

Replies

• The_GingerBeard_Man
    The_GingerBeard_Man Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    This is totally awesome and I love your braveheart face!
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Lol,I bet u do.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    anybody else feel like a LOLpoor right now?
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Can you be my sister?
    I'll let you eliminate my other sister...she should be an easy target
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Totally agree with the above! Awesome!!!
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    So bad *kitten*!!!!!
  • FriscoChet
    FriscoChet Posts: 57
    Options
    I am telling you, you have one interesting life! You are not letting anyone down with any of your posts!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Thank you. This proved so much more entertaining than I'd anticipated. Carry on.
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    I'll take the cute brother, hammock, and chocolates.
    :D I love your stories.
    kthankxbyeeee
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    ....This post is too full of awesome. Can we be friends? ....<mostly cuz I want you to paint my face in Braveheart fashion>
  • BathtubBadger
    Options
    Can you be my sister?
    I'll let you eliminate my other sister...she should be an easy target

I could let your sister keep my brother. Sounds like fair trade :laugh:
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I want a punching bag in my living room!
  • BathtubBadger
    Options
    ....This post is too full of awesome. Can we be friends? ....<mostly cuz I want you to paint my face in Braveheart fashion>

I'll add you :-) I'm kinda low on friends and accept anyone with a sense of humor... No other requirements :drinker:
  • WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    omg, your house is gorgeous. Now Im jealous!
  • BathtubBadger
    Options
    omg, your house is gorgeous. Now Im jealous!

Mom will appreciate the compliments! It's all her doing :-)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Why can't we have more of these stories versus the "Oh my family is trying to sabotage me!!!" ?

Very cool story. Cheers!
  • BathtubBadger
    Options
    Why can't we have more of these stories versus the "Oh my family is trying to sabotage me!!!" ?

Very cool story. Cheers!

Your picture gives me new ideas for future facepainting... Don't think I could do a good Tyler Durden (would need a hundred pounds in muscle) but Alex and Joker are great ideas :D
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Best post I've seen all day!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    you guys sound fun. Is your brother of age and available?
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    haha! love your post! :drinker: