Is there anything you don't bother to log?

Options

Replies

• Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I don't log spices, cooking oil (I use the spray which has zero calories anyway), sugar free gum, salt and an occasional dash of hot sauce. If I need to add salt to my food (which is rare), how would I log it - 20 grains. I don't use much salt so I don't worry about it.
  • stacylyle13
    stacylyle13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I log everything now. I used to not log diet sodas (I have since given those up). But I have found that diet drinks and soy sauce both are high in sodium which promotes water retention and has an effect on weight. The point of tracking isn't to show off what we eat but to help us pinpoint what helps and hurts, so now I log it all. It's been hard for me to transition from pen and paper to the app since I'm still pretty new.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything anymore. When I did I never logged spices, vinegar, or zero calorie beverages.
  • bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't log my coffee or unsweetened iced tea (and let me tell you, I get some looks for ordered unsweetened iced tea in Texas). I do log condiments, especially hot sauces and anything related to Asian cuisines for the sodium.
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Herbs and spices, water, zero cal drinks, black coffee, salt if it's just a sprinkle on my food.

I do log condiments, as accurately as possible.
  • AmberBlamberMamber
    AmberBlamberMamber Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't log coffee
  • Amym26
    Amym26 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Diet soda and water
  • lucylou1977
    lucylou1977 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't log diet coke and sugar-free squash. I very occasionally use a teaspoon of stevia and I don't log that either.

On the other hand, I always log herbs and spices, even if they're only a few calories!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I don't log spices, cooking spray, the odd piece of popcorn (yes one) that I take from my teenager just because he says he won't share, vitamins, medicines (cough syrup or cough drops), or breath mints. I'm pretty sure I miss a piece of candy here or there or miscount my coffees during a day sometimes. I'm 5 pounds above original goal weight after 18 months in maintenance and I am good with that. I am trying to get rid of a couple of those 5lbs because I go for my annual physical soon and I don't want to hear my doc complain about it.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything with zero calories and low amounts of other macros, mainly diet drinks, teas sweetened by sucralose, etc.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    If I'm making a recipe, spices get logged. If I'm putting a bit of salt on something I don't log that.
    I wasn't logging my artificially sweetened zero calorie drinks till I realized how many carbs were in then, and I'm on a LCHF diet. That changed a lot for me. So now l log everything that has artificial sweetener.
  • ClareMillsRoberts
    ClareMillsRoberts Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't always log every single ingredient in a side salad - I usually log the main components (lettuce, cucumber, tomato) but might miss out the spring onion or radish or grated carrot - it's only a small amount and pretty low calorie so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I don't log spices, salt and pepper, lemon juice or vinegar but will log oil based or sugary condiments. I'm logging the milk in my tea and coffee but the standard entry on MFP seems a little high, does 25 calories sound right for a small splash of milk (maybe two tbsps at most)?
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I don't log my unsweetened tea or cough drops or spices. Sometimes I log soy sauce and sometimes I don't. It just depends on if I remember to.
  • Haleymfp
    Haleymfp Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't log spices or cooking oils if I'm using very little. I log everything beverage or food if I think I'm using over 1/4 cup
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I don't log the spritz of cooking spray I use in my pan when cooking my eggs in the morning
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Things that have less than 10 calories, usually. So Stevia, coffee, tea, pickles, vinegar (I don't eat a lot anyway) etc.
  • LokiGrrl
    LokiGrrl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I log everything except dried herbs and spices. Too fiddly.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I don't log spices or my vitamins.