Diet sodas, Just a thought

Options

Replies

• MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero/Cherry coke zero/vanilla coke zero.. i drink probably two cans a day at least. Love that stuff. Diet dr Pepper is the only diet pop I can drink.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »
    When it comes to diet sodas, it's the store brand ones that often taste bad [I'm looking at you, Diet Dr Thunder]. Some of the fruit flavored diet sodas are decent, but most are not. My favorites tend to be diet root beer [Diet A&W] and diet ginger ale [Diet Canada Dry and, if I want a good kick to it, Diet C*** & Bull ginger ale].

I love my store brand Diet Grapefruit. I bought it grudgingly when my store did not have Diet Squirt and I found I liked it better. It's more grapefruity than the Squirt.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi (cherry or regular) FTW.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I have no idea why, but I completely love diet 7up. It's just so good
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've been on a big diet ginger ale with a squeeze of lime kick. Mmmmm.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper is LOVE.

I also love Diet A&W Root Beer. It's bizarre. Doesn't even taste diet to me.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I recommend Goslings Diet Ginger Beer and the La Croix Coconut as well
  • Bruja924
    Bruja924 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have been addicted to diet soda for sometime now. I love it, it's like crack for me really. LOL. I'm having a hard time giving it up, it has started to break out my skin with acne really bad. If I stop drinking soda for a few weeks my face clears up. But just one can will break my face out overnight! :(
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Mello yellow zero. It hits all the happy notes for this one-time Mountain Dew drinker.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Diet Mt Dew is where it's at! <3
  • arditarose
    Options
    Diet Mt Dew is where it's at! <3

Oh yeah this one is good too.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    cappri wrote: »
    xvolution wrote: »
    When it comes to diet sodas, it's the store brand ones that often taste bad [I'm looking at you, Diet Dr Thunder]. Some of the fruit flavored diet sodas are decent, but most are not. My favorites tend to be diet root beer [Diet A&W] and diet ginger ale [Diet Canada Dry and, if I want a good kick to it, Diet C*** & Bull ginger ale].

I love my store brand Diet Grapefruit. I bought it grudgingly when my store did not have Diet Squirt and I found I liked it better. It's more grapefruity than the Squirt.

I'll have to try that sometime if I ever find any. I get most of my diet sodas from Kroger, and the only store brand ones from there I like [Big K brand] is Diet Orange and Diet Drop Red [their version of Diet Big Red soda].
  • my58vw
    my58vw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I can not drink diet... I would rather drink water over that crap. The problem is I have an altered since of taste since I can not smell, and the stuff in diet is bitter not sweet. I have simply decided that I will just have a single coke or Pepsi here and there and just count it as a treat. I can not have them at home because I will drink a 2L in a single sitting!
  • tamekahend
    tamekahend Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Omg, thank you all! I'm gonna try everything you all have mentioned, especially the Orange
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Coke zero is my go to, I'm not a fan of diet coke I don't like the taste. Dr Pepper Zero also. I really need to find some diet root beer.
  • SeptemberFeyre
    SeptemberFeyre Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Ice drinks? They have lots of flavors. I like the black raspberry and peach nectarine the best.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Frankly I think boredom is a much bigger risk to a diet.
    I don't think you are fully aware of the depth of what you just said here :)
    All my attempts to stay at a healthy weight failed, until I realized I'm not weak, I just NEED TASTE. And when I can't get it through food (and I would eat and overeat boring ordinary food as well as boring diet food), I hunted down candy, ice cream, cookies and chips. After discovering MFP, I am sticking - effortlessly - to an ordinary diet filled with lots of variety, in appropriate amounts.

When trying to get enough water in, it's great to have a diet soda now and then.
    Personally I hate diet soda, I'm not particularly crazy about regular soda either; but I like to drink water, and I also like black tea and coffee now.
  • hjlourenshj
    hjlourenshj Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Coke and Red Bull are the main reason i have to be on diet right now. So addicted to that stuff with normally a 1500 kcal a day extra because of that. Now a few diet alternatives drinks a day and a lot of water. I hate how people are now teaching me 'oh, you are diet? But still drinking diet soda? Did you know that also really bad!!' And then they will have some pseudosciences explanaition
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Didn't they just discover that diet soda is tricking the body into thinking it needs more sugar and causing people to over eat more or something like that?