What age did you start struggling with weight?

Options
12346»

Replies

• ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I think I realized I was chubby around 3rd grade, probably age 8 or 9. I've always been tall so sometimes my weight was high because of my height and then it was just high in general. I gained a bunch of weight in 8th grade and then in 10th grade and that was when my weight started to become a major issue. I think I remember dieting for the first time in 7th grade.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Age 13, and now I'm 47. Hooray.
  • briannesabarese
    briannesabarese Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm about to turn 18 and I think my struggles started around 13 when my family stopped going down the shore so I stopped walking/running around as much and swimming. I ended up 190 at 5'3" so last November I finally cracked under pressure from family/bullying from peers and so far I've lost 37-ish pounds really fluctuating between 10-20lbs but recently I've gotten very serious, I run about 3 miles a day and eat very clean.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I've always been somewhat chubby...5 ft 6 and between 160-175 for most of my teen and early 20s. This past couple years while struggling with a lot of life changes and losing a job after getting injured I got into the 180s --- and then the 190s...that was when I decided to put my foot down. I've always been self conscious and felt chubby but...at that weight I was really suffering. Right now I'm down to 148 and trying to get down to 140. :smiley:
  • elkhunter7x6
    elkhunter7x6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    In my early 30's.