stomach is always the last lose...

Options
I am not looking for the "6 pack ab" I know how difficult it is to achieve in women.. I just want a FLAT or at least CLOSE to a flat stomach.. I feel that is always the last to go. My "girls" shrunk ALOT..my legs and hips have shrunk a MASS amount... I am all tummy left.. I would ask what I should do to start getting some of that to go bye bye.. but i'm guessing patience and exercise and it will come.. it is starting to make me lose faith in my weight loss~!

Replies

• thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    I'm in the same position so I can't offer an answer, sorry. Let's hope the other responses help us.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    No spot reduction. Just keep plugging away at that fat loss.

I've basically gotten to the point where I'm adamant the last of my weight is in my stomach and hips and that even if it takes me the next who-cares-how-many years to do it, that's my 'end goal'. =)
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on the person, my midsection went down at a decent rate-- but I was also doing turbofire plus les mills combat ---I think lots of cardio is suppose to help but I'm not really sure---it worked for me
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've started lifting weights. I've read soooo many articles, books, MFP threads, etc. and most agree that weightlifting is the key to slimming down that mid-section. I've just started the program in the book, The New Rules For Lifting For Women, this week. I'm hoping to see big changes in the near future.
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I do lift and I think it helps, I just supreme 90 workout DVDs ----but I still have continue working on my midsection and weight loss because according to the stupid BMI chart---I'm over weight
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. When I started gaining the weight back in my 20s, it started in the midsection and hips, so I suppose that will be the last place to lose it. I'm just going to keep losing the fat by counting cals and doing exercise and hope that does it.
  • Pixilox
    Pixilox Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My thighs and tush have gotten smaller but my belly hasn't and that's the part I want to lose most! I'll just keep going and see what happens.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    retain a small deficit and lift heavy things - best fat burner around!
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Work core muscles. It is the last to go, as a child and 100 pounds, swimming daily, I still did not have flat abs. Genetics.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I depends on people... My stomach was the first place where I lost most of my weight.
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Do your normal routine but add a core routine on top of it. It should help.
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My butt and belly are harboring the last of the fat I want to lose. I'm thinking of doing squats to keep my butt from getting too flat.
  • russharris23
    Options
    been trying to get my down flat also have been doing a lot of cardio wearing sweatshirts to sweat as much as I can little by little it is going down like someone else said core muscle work is also key
  • simplyciera
    simplyciera Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I've read on forums/blogs that your body type decides where you deposit fat, and when you start losing weight wherever you started gaining last is what starts shrinking first.

For example, I'm a pear shape; my bust & waist is smaller than my hips. Fat typically goes to my hips and thighs first and then my tummy second. As I've lost, weight has melted off my stomach, but won't budge off my thighs.

I'd suggest keep doing cardio (HIIT or something) to burn fat and then lift to get muscle tone & definition. Ultimately, love that body. It's the only one you have & you can't change it unless you have money for plastic surgery!
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am not looking for the "6 pack ab" I know how difficult it is to achieve in women.. I just want a FLAT or at least CLOSE to a flat stomach.. I feel that is always the last to go. My "girls" shrunk ALOT..my legs and hips have shrunk a MASS amount... I am all tummy left.. I would ask what I should do to start getting some of that to go bye bye.. but i'm guessing patience and exercise and it will come.. it is starting to make me lose faith in my weight loss~!

I think a lot of it is how you're shaped. I'm pear shaped and I lost my weight literally starting from face on down. I'm around 50lbs lighter now and have been in maintenance for a few months. I have my ideal body, except for my 'pear thighs'. My stomach is totally flat-saddlebags, not so much lol. But, I realized that losing more weight wouldn't get rid of them (I'm at a bmi of 20 right now), so I've started running to get rid of the last oomph.

Maybe do something like JM's 30 Day Shred-lots of people have seen great results in their stomach area with that program, or ones that are similar :)
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    My lower belly and love handles are just hanging on for dear life. It sucks. It really just comes down to reducing body fat though. Lifting weights can help with this, but there is no magic pill or exercise. Just keep lowering bf %.

Someone told me once that losing body fat is like a melting snowman. LOL. I suppose that means thin equal layers at a time come off. It may look like your belly is not losing any fat, but it is and just looks like it isn't relative to the rest of your body. In other words, you stay the same general shape, but that shape gets smaller one thin layer at a time. Eventually, your bf will reach a level where you start to get that "ideal" physique. This is just my opinion btw. I'm sure it's more complicated than that.

Ultimately, it comes down to patience, persistence and hard work.

Don't give up!
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Reality bites. And that is your reality. And mine. Everyone stores that last bit of adipose tissue someone unique. Some in the front of the stomach. Some as love handles. Some in their hips or thighs. Some in their arms. It just takes time and continued effort. Spot reduction doesn't work. Creams, rubs and wraps only make the manufacturer rich. Just hang in there. It will come. Longer than you (or I) want. But it will come.
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    It drives me mad too. I just want a vaguely flat stomach so I can wear a bikini but it's the first place I put on and last place I lose. Right now it's not too bad when I'm standing (and obviously I've chosen a flattering angle for that picture!!) but not a pretty sight when I'm sitting down!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite, my belly went down quickly. It is my thighs and legs that shrink last.
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    waaa.. i'm right there with ya :\ lol