Friends - beyond the like-button :)

Options
I fell off the wagon in the last few months and know that having supportive friends on MFP really helps me to keep on track.
It's just that most people don't really have the time to do anything other than push the "like" button, and that really doesn't do it for me :) I must be old-fashioned!

Anyone else here who would like to be supportive MFP buddies; I take time to leave comments for workouts and diaries completed (but I delete any friends who don't reciprocate, so I currently have about one active friend, whoops!).

I live in Australia, so I usually log when most people are asleep... I work out 6 days a week, mostly FitnessBlender workouts.
I have a few more pounds/ 2kg to go.
I love MFP... I've only ever had a few kilos to lose but they make all the difference to me :)

Replies

• JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Sure, I could use a buddy. I work night shift so I'm up when most are asleep. I've lost 20lbs so far and have 64 to go to reach my first goal.
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Great :)
  • cbstig
    cbstig Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the like button. 2 kg is very doable! Keep it up and don't give up!
  • Flybeetle
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • Losingthecakeshelf
    Options
    I'm new here and would love to find a supportive community to track progress with :)
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I love your post! I feel the same. I need more supportive friends.
  • Flybeetle
    Options
    Yay to both :)
  • yellowboots_19
    yellowboots_19 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same here! It's even better when everyone's mutually involved, add me if you'd like! :)
  • Sweetandsour23
    Sweetandsour23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week as well and I am giving a new diet a go... it will not be easy but I need help as well!
  • mjsthing
    mjsthing Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm in Spain and I'm not sure it would work out taking into account time zones, but I also go beyond the like button. Add me if you're willing to create a committed community. I've even created a group where important posts won't get lost in neverending news feed. Tell me if you would like to join. It's called "Our Health Journey". :)
  • chrissygbulldog3
    chrissygbulldog3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I tend to be a Like button pusher, thinking I don't want people to feel like they have to reciprocate, if they don't want to. Or, maybe I don't want to feel rejected. Too much thinking? You bet. I know exactly what I need to do without really thinking about it. I can almost do it on autopilot. Every day a couple servings of fruit, three to five servings of veggies, a few carbs, a little protein every meal, a little fat, lots of water, weigh, log and get some activity. Just do it, stick to it and don't give up. Moderation, dedication, consistency! This doesn't mean I don't need to watch every bite I take, plan ahead, adjust, adapt, but I can't be obsessive about food.
  • CountryBabe75
    CountryBabe75 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same way you do! I try to support my friends and comment on almost everything they post. I feel that if they think it's important enough to put out there, I should make an effort to show they are important to me. I cut those who are non-active. To me, MFP is about supporting each other and if I'm not getting support, it's a waste of everyone's time. I do understand that people get busy, as I do, there is a definite balance. Anyone can add me, if you want after reading my profile.
  • sutibo
    sutibo Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I've turned off all the auto updates (XXX has completed his diary, XXX has burnt 200 calories etc.) so you won't get those updates from me. Instead you get updates from me that are actual words, that I have actually typed using my actual fingers and thought up in my actual brain.

Infact anyone that is an actual person with actual thoughts is welcome to add me.
  • sutibo
    sutibo Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    mjsthing wrote: »
    I'm in Spain and I'm not sure it would work out taking into account time zones, but I also go beyond the like button. Add me if you're willing to create a committed community. I've even created a group where important posts won't get lost in neverending news feed. Tell me if you would like to join. It's called "Our Health Journey". :)

You can turn off the neverending news feed, well the auto generated messages that you produce.
    go to:
    Home
    - Settings
    - - Automatic News Feed Update Settings
    - - uncheck the various boxes.

• HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I try to do my best to read people's stuff and comment on it when I can. I just feel so proud of them for accomplishing their goals!
  • cmtristani
    cmtristani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like, I like commenting and receiving comments back. I like to read about what other people are actually doing, not just the auto updates. I write once or twice a day about something, and comment often. I have few friends for the same reason - I like to read, and I like to write.
  • sandybums94
    sandybums94 Posts: 7 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I would like this, too! Feel free to add me :)
  • Flybeetle
    Options
    Wow, I had stopped checking replies to this post because it had gone quiet, so I had missed all these!
    Thanks so much for your considerate replies,
    I'll get back to you!
  • sheerjay
    sheerjay Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Same here - I take time to comment on friends posts and get to know ppl. Why just "like" something? Happy for people to add me- always up for a chat or friendly competition for motivation :)
  • AndiJH
    AndiJH Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Anyone looking for support feel free to add me!
    I'm super motivated right now and am looking for a supportive group to keep me going