Going low carb! Who is with me?

Options
Hey all!

I'm going to start going low carb starting on Monday. I would love support from others who do low carb as well.
If you do low carb, please add me so we can share meal ideas! I always feel my best when I am following a low carb diet, so I am going to get back to it!

Here's what a typical day will look like for me:

Breakfast:

Eggs, 2 tbsp PB, plain greek yogurt, coffee and milk

Snack:

Hummus & Veggies

Lunch:

Salad, low carb dressing, protein, and veggies, 1/2 sweet potato

Snack:

Protein shake with unsweetened almond milk

Dinner:

Protein and veggies

Snack:

Greek yogurt

Any suggestions?

Rachel

Stats: 106 lbs, 5"2' I typically eat 1380 cals

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check out my diary. I'm low carb too. Also check out the keto group.
  • denise8986
    denise8986 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Are you just doing low carb or LCHF?
    I'm starting over AGAIN on LCHF on Monday..so i'm in. I just don't have any good ideas of things to eat, i'm to lazy so I eat pretty plain at the moment.
  • denise8986
    Options
    also here is site on facebook if you want to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redditketo/
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a very low carb/high fat diet (ketogenic diet), but I do a variation of it that includes carb cycling for one day either weekly or bi-weekly since I lift heavy at the gym often.

Just as gryfonclaw mention check out the group: Keto
  • Spazgirl0228
    Options
    what is LCHF?
  • tiffany011191
    tiffany011191 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I want to do the low carb thing but i dont know where to start. How many carbs are allowed?
  • Spazgirl0228
    Options
    my roommate is a Physicians Assistant and she said limit net carbs to 40 a day! sounds rought, but I'm going to try.
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have been successfully doing low carb for about 6 months and 48 pounds!
  • Spazgirl0228
    Options
    That is great! low carb really does work :)
  • tiffany011191
    tiffany011191 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    omg im going to try as well.So thats basically means you are only eating proteins?
  • Chokis
    Chokis Posts: 131
    Options
    I eat low-carb, but don't look at my diary, I haven't logged in like forever, have to get back on track now, but I've been just keeping a paper food diary (in a notebook, in an old-fashioned way).

From your menu: milk is not low-carb, sweet potato would be ok, but only if you already lost the weight (it's more for maintenance).

What are your carb limits for the day? Are you doing 20 net grams? Or higher?
  • Jennyflies
    Jennyflies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I do low carb as well. At first it was hard, getting used to Macros and reading labels. But now its awesome. I lost 40lbs in 3 months but then I took a long 2 month break and gained 18 lbs back. Only because im a stress/bored eater.

Good luck and have fun with it!! :)
  • denise8986
    Options
    I'm going to try to do 20g of carbs again..but it only seems like I can stay on it for only a week and then I cave in so I may try to up it a little but haven't decided yet.
    LCHF is low carb, high fat with moderate protein.
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb high fat but probably not as low carb as most people here. I stick with under 100g a day.

Anyone here can feel free to add me :)
  • Spazgirl0228
    Options
    I know milk isn't, but that's one of those things I can't give up haha. I have to have something in my coffee and it's better than creamer ;) My goal will be 40 net carbs.
  • Spazgirl0228
    Options
    ohh okay, yes then I am doing that! hehe ;) well we can support each other! it is definitely tough.
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    omg im going to try as well.So thats basically means you are only eating proteins?

No. You want to get more cals from fat then protein. Like 60/30/10 f/p/c or 50/30/20.

I would make sure with your yogurts to get the plain kind with no sugar added. The natural sugar from lactose isn't fructose so it isn't as bad. Whole fat Greek is very filling and I often only need half a serving compared to low fat or no fat versions.

Use real butter not margarin. Try swapping in almond or other nut butters instead of peanut butter all the time. For a chocolate fix opt for as dark of chocolate you can take. I go with 85% low in carbs and filling too. I tried 90 but that is just too bitter.

Just don't forget to get plenty of fresh veggies as well.
  • peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I just started low carb (again) seems the ony way I can really lose anything! feel free to add me! :)
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Before deciding low carb, do a lil research on it. If you go too low you can really do some damage to your metabolism and what will happen is that your body will hold on to whatever calories it is taking in. Your body will work against you.

For me, who is a body builder, I have to have AT LEAST 130g of carbs a day. But that is not exercising numbers for me. So I eat a lil more. I am also gluten free. So when you choose that lifestyle, it makes a huge difference.

Personally, I wouldn't do a low carb without speaking with either a nutritionist or a doctor first.

Just my opinion.
  • denise8986
    Options
    Check this group out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/redditketo/

you don't have to go as low as they are, but they are pretty good with helping people. :)