How often do you log your weight?

Options

Replies

• amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day & track it in Libra as well. I've pretty much stopped logging it on MFP. I've finally figured my maintenance # though & have been maintaining instead of losing.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Each morning I put on the same clothes, go downstairs, and weigh myself with the scale on the kitchen linoleum floor. Then I go to the computer and log my weight. When I want to understand something about my journey, I have the data to learn with.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and log it when I see a decrease.
  • BananaBite
    BananaBite Posts: 135 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm trying to only do it when I actually lose weight, not when I gain. I try to log on days like Friday when my weight loss will make a difference on the scale after a few days of watching my weight. :smile:
  • heartofplastic
    heartofplastic Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every time I go to the gym (3-5 times a week), but only ever log when I see a considerable difference (1-2 lbs). So about every other week.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily since I'm prone to gaining water weight, but I pair this with TrendWeight to see the weight loss trends (compensates for swings in weight due to water).
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I log daily, both here and in happy scale. Daily or weekly fluctuations don't bother me, as long as movement is in the right general direction.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Log on MFP every morning. I don't care too much about day to day fluctuations, but it means I have accurate data to draw trends from.
  • davidschroder01
    davidschroder01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    With FitBit Aria scales integration, I log every day without lifting a finger. My scales automatically do it over wifi - All I have to do is stand on them. It helps with understanding how your body responds to certain foods. having data trends on my weight compliments my diet.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    eIIekay wrote: »
    i weigh myself sometimes every couple days, sometimes several times a day. Whenever I see a lower number, I log it and I don't log the higher ones along the way. Sometimes I log every day, Sometimes a couple times a week, depending on what the scale tells me :)

Cheat!! Just kidding. :)
  • DaisyM01
    DaisyM01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log every day in Libra. I log in MFP every time the trend weight seems to have stabilised. I like seeing the daily fluctuations and being able to cross reference that with what I've eaten, I think it keeps me accountable.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I finally weighed and logged it in this morning!!
  • lilcharmer214
    lilcharmer214 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    So I log my weight daily on a personal tracker outside of MFP but I only log losses on MFP since it can be seen by others. I feel there is no need for all the daily fluctuations.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself and log nearly every day. If I've taken a day or two off of eating properly for loss, I don't weigh for a couple of days afterwards. This way I avoid the shock when I gain several pounds due to salt & alcohol bloat.
  • ValkyriesCharge
    ValkyriesCharge Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh daily, and only log a number if it stays put for 3 days.
  • DorkyUnicorn
    DorkyUnicorn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I only log the losses. As long as it's a downward trend I'm happy.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log every day, but go back and delete all entries except the 15th of every month, it's just a bit cleaner over time.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I was doing weekly but I haven't logged recently because I was getting tired of logging all my fluctuations where on week I would lose a lb then next week gain 2 then lose 1.5 then gain .2 and so on. Once I actually start losing instead of maintaining I'll start logging again.
  • heatherheyns
    heatherheyns Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Of course, I have the fitbit scale so it does it automatically. It is annoying sometimes, because my wall is filled with losing .2 lbs or whatever in fluctuations, but it gives my weight loss history lts of info.
  • teajacobson
    teajacobson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to get the courage to weigh myself again... I used to weigh myself once, twice, twelve times a day and now I'm basically leery of the scale. I really have to get over this. Seeing that you're all pretty much doing it once a day is definitely an eye-opener. Looks like I'm going to have to go back to the old me, sort of!!!