Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Body recomp - is it working ? (2 month progress pics)

Hey everyone,

While this is my first post, I've been an avid lurker in the MFP community. Because of summer (yay no class!) I've had more time to focus on me, and that includes my fitness and diet. I've added more protein to my diet along with lifting heavy 5-6 days a week with 30 minutes of cardio. My overall goal is to look less "squishy" and more toned. And while I know it's not possible to spot reduce, id like to lose fat in my midsection as that has been where it's always collected unfortunately. Currently 22F 5'6" 148 pounds. Left picture from today, right was from June 8th.

Thanks in advance :)

p1oiq04si5z3.png

Replies

• tashantx
    tashantx Posts: 272 Member
    I think you are looking excellent.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    There is a very obvious difference between the two pics. Great job!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    The pictures need to be the same pose and flex (or not) to get a fair comparison.

To see a quicker change would suggest a small calorie deficit to lose a few more pounds of fat while carrying on with your training. The last few pounds lost can make a remarkable visual difference.
  • Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    It is working !
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    i see the difference in the mid section around the ribs especially

good job and good luck
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    LOL don't listen to them. I can definitely see less fat in various areas and more definition all around, flex or not. And if your abs are like mine, you could have very well been tightening up your abs in the older photo. You're doing great, keep it up!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Hard to say since you're not posing the same...just keep at it, you look great and will only get better. Re-comp takes a long time...if you want a bit quicker results, consider a small calorie deficit to burn away some fat a little quicker...that's basically what I'm doing right now since I put on about 10 Lbs over the summer and early fall with an injury...I should be able to dump the fat in a matter of a few months with a small calorie deficit, whereas an actual recomp could take a year + easily.
  • ole496
    ole496 Posts: 32 Member
    red99ryder wrote: »
    i see the difference in the mid section around the ribs especially

good job and good luck

Yup, I agree with this, nice work!!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2016
    I think there's a noticable difference. Maybe for shiggles post another comparison in the same posture with out flexing.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Eat in a calorie deficit and keep lifting weights. Report back in 8-12 weeks with your progress,
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    It took me 2 years to recomp...and now I'm on a bulk! The pictures do look different, BUT that could be the flexing (like others have said). Don't give up...the 2 year recomp was totally worth it.