Kirkland protien bars?

Options
Anyone try the Kirkland bars that are similar to quest bars...I saw cookies dough and brownie flavor. Just wondering if they are gross or good before I buy a whole box lol

Replies

• bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    LOVE THEM! They are great!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are good, I'm hoarding boxes of them as we speak.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I need to try them lol they are so much cheaper then quest...although I usually only buy quest when I get them on sale, they still aren't as cheap as the Kirkland ones
  • bioklutz
    Options
    I had to have one as a snack...since you mentioned them I was craving one :)
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Buy them, buy them now, but don't tell anyone else that they are amazing! Made with tapioca based IMO Syrup, think old Quest. We are on our 5th box!
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    People rave about them, but they have yet to show up in my local Costco (or any other Costco that I visit during my travels).
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Never seen them in our local Costco (UK)....
  • Lourdesong
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    People rave about them, but they have yet to show up in my local Costco (or any other Costco that I visit during my travels).

They're only available online. I called my Costco several weeks ago about when they'll be available in my local warehouse (because I assumed other people were getting them at their warehouses) and they said this item is only available online and not sold in stores anywhere, and there's no indication as of yet they are going to be sold in stores.

• Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »

They're only available online. I called my Costco several weeks ago about when they'll be available in my local warehouse (because I assumed other people were getting them at their warehouses) and they said this item is only available online and not sold in stores anywhere, and there's no indication as of yet they are going to be sold in stores.

Link pretty please?
  • kwtilbury
    Options

Hmmm...other have reported seeing them in their local warehouse > link.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    I was just at my local Costco and they had the Kirkland protein bars right next to ones made by Pure Protein.

Both boxes were about the same price for about the same quantity - about $17.50US. The macros are also about the same. The Kirkland bars only come in 2 flavors. The Pure Protein come in 3 flavors.

My guess is that Costco is marketing the Kirkland bars to directly compete w/the Pure Protein bars, which is something that Costco often does when it wants to take over a product line exclusively w/in their stores, which I bet really pisses off Pure Protein and other product mfgs that are undercut by Costco in this way - - but I digress.

FWIW, I've tried both bars - - Kirkland and Pure Protein - - and I prefer the Pure Protein bars because they have more flavors and they taste MUCH better to me. So, if you haven't tried the Pure Protein bars yet, I suggest you do so.
  • oni474
    oni474 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We buy them in bulk when we find them in store (available in Houston at the moment). If you buy them online it's another $8 per 2 box pack.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

That must be for outside the US? I've seen then in about 5 different stores in Arizona and Virginia. I am not usually a fan of chocolate flavored protein bars but these are pretty good. No nasty "chocolate" coating and a decent texture. I've never had Quest bars so can't compare them but since Costco is known for taking name brand products and putting them into their own packaging it wouldn't surprise me if that is who makes them.
  • bioklutz
    Options
    They are available in the store near my house. I prefer them over the pure protein.
  • Lourdesong
    edited August 2016
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »

That must be for outside the US? I've seen then in about 5 different stores in Arizona and Virginia. I am not usually a fan of chocolate flavored protein bars but these are pretty good. No nasty "chocolate" coating and a decent texture. I've never had Quest bars so can't compare them but since Costco is known for taking name brand products and putting them into their own packaging it wouldn't surprise me if that is who makes them.
    I'm in VA, and that's what my Costco told me after looking up the info on their 'puter, so I dunno. I wanted them in store because as another poster pointed out they should be cheaper in store than online. But I'd love to know what Costco you go to because I haven't seen them at Alexandria, Dulles, or Winchester.

I personally don't think they're repackaged Quest bars, they're a very good dupe for Quest but I do think the Quest versions are more flavorful(more Nut buttery flavor). I suppose they could be a different formulation Quest is manufacturing just for Costco. It wouldn't surprise me.

***The bars are available on Costco.com, site was down when I looked for a direct link but when it's back a search for protein should return the results.
  • kwtilbury
    Options

I'm in VA, and that's what my Costco told me after looking up the info on their 'puter, so I dunno. I wanted them in store because as another poster pointed out they should be cheaper in store than online. But I'd love to know what Costco you go to because I haven't seen them at Alexandria, Dulles, or Winchester.

I personally don't think they're repackaged Quest bars, they're a very good dupe for Quest but I do think the Quest versions are more flavorful(more Nut buttery flavor). I suppose they could be a different formulation Quest is manufacturing just for Costco. It wouldn't surprise me.

***The bars are available on Costco.com, site was down when I looked for a direct link but when it's back a search for protein should return the results.

The local Costco folks are pulling your leg. They're definitely in store. Actually, I think they're about $10 cheaper ($36 vs $46).
  • Lourdesong
    Options

The local Costco folks are pulling your leg. They're definitely in store. Actually, I think they're about $10 cheaper ($36 vs $46).

Lol, yes it would seem that way. :) I do shop at Costco often and I still haven't seen them though. I'd certainly prefer to pay $18 a box...

• minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Don't see them online @ Costco Uk either...sent emails to both warehouse & online support to find out if they are considering carrying them here.