Nothing above the knees?

Options
2»

Replies

• MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    you should cover your mother.......in a deep hole using concret......only kidding

dont listen to her, you have done so well and can wear what makes you happy, id defo limit any time i spent with her too, negative people are a drain on life and shouldnt be given your time!!

you are amazing at what you have done and should be proud of it.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I would tell my mother that due to her abusive and unacceptable behavior I was cutting contact with her, and I would listen to my husband.

Quoted for truth!
  • hypodonthaveme
    hypodonthaveme Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the awesome loss. Wear what you want , you're an adult. People are cruel and most of them are friends and family. Put the hurtful words and emotional pain behind you and go enjoy life.

I am super impressed with your loss. That truly is remarkable. Continue to share your journey with others. You are an inspiration. Wow!
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    I am truly sorry for you having to be in a relationship with your mom like this. Some folks will tell you that you have to stay because she's family. Some will tell you to cut her off. I am in the middle. I had to cut off a few family members due to their toxic behaviors. It was impacting me and my home life with my husband a kids. I'd come home stressed and sad because of their behavior. Over the years, I hardly talk to them and see them. To be honest, I am so much happier. My husband and kids are amazing. When I do see them, it is for short periods of time.

You should be proud of yourself and start limiting time with your mom. I believe in having people around that provide love and support. It's ok to have honest and blunt people around, but it can be done in a non abusive way. I've had many harsh truths told to me, but how the people approached them made the difference.

I hope you are able to work through this and learn to be proud and happy of your accomplishment. I am proud of you. =]
  • cinnag4225
    cinnag4225 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Sadly your mother is a very toxic person, and the best thing you can do with toxic people--even your parents or children--is cut them out. Someone very dear to me has gone through hell and back with a toxic mother, and while there are still some difficulties, over a year has gone by and they are ultimately glad they removed her from their life. The fact that these horrible things are coming from someone who is supposed to be such an important person in your life is the reason it's making it so hard for you to appreciate your successes and why you keep hearing her comments when you try to do something for yourself.

Don't worry about the scars. Even if some of us easily become curious, it's nobody's business but yours! If you want to reduce their appearance for yourself, by all means go for it! But don't let one bitter person's crap keep you from wearing the clothes you want, doing the things you like, strutting your stuff, and--most importantly--loving yourself!
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I would tell my mother that due to her abusive and unacceptable behavior I was cutting contact with her, and I would listen to my husband.

This! Although family, and it's hard but no one should have this abuse in their life. I would assume this is where the weight gain came from in first place!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I would have no hesitation in telling my mother to *ferret* the *ferret* off, and when she gets there to *ferret* off some more

And I strongly advise you to do the same

It is most liberating
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

This^^^^^

She's rude. I would take a break from her and not give it a second thought.
    Absolutely do what YOU want to do.
    Listen to your husband and wear whatever you want.
    Congratulations on your weight loss, good for you!

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    ericaconti wrote: »
    Would seeing my scars gross you out?

Absolutely not. You should see mine. They're small, and they have nothing to do with weight loss or surgery. But I have a few. So does everyone on the planet. And we've all got a story to tell. It's part of what makes us interesting.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Your mother is a toxic human being. The best and most healthy thing for you do to is to avoid contact with her.

Yes it is hard. Yes you will feel bad/guilty/etc.

Yes it is worth doing. And yes it is okay for you to do so.

I know personally I have been a much happier person since removing my own toxic family from my life.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    ericaconti wrote: »
    Would seeing my scars gross you out?

Absolutely not. You should see mine. They're small, and they have nothing to do with weight loss or surgery. But I have a few. So does everyone on the planet. And we've all got a story to tell. It's part of what makes us interesting.

Scars are free tattoos with a story.
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    140lbs!! Hun that's amazing, an entire person.. Now I'd have to crack on and lose another person!! Sounds like she's jealous, if you can't be happy for your kids then I'm sure she's not much of a mother.. Life's too short to be unhappy.
    Good luck to you, sounds like hubby has her figured out :#