How to solve a sweet tooth craving?

Options

Replies

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    have you tried making protein fluff? It's tastes like a lighter whipped ice cream.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Breyers carb smart ice cream topped with either sugar free hot fudge from smuckers (other kinds I tried I didn't' like) OR sprinkled with cinnamon is my all time fav. I haven't found halo top yet but I've tried arctic zero and it tasted like freezer burn :(
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    If you eat fruit frozen grapes are good, and the faux "ice cream sandwich" recipe from sparkpeople is really good too. Two graham crackers with light whipped cream in the middle, frozen then cut into sandwich shapes. Great snack.
  • ChristyLane24
    ChristyLane24 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    A mixture of berries with table spoon of chocolate syrup. You can also do apples with warmed up peanut butter.
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    ...or address a possible mineral deficiency...
    :o
    And no, I am zero fun at parties...lol
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My new thing is a chocolate Fiber One brownie microwaved for a few seconds, with a serving of Halo Top Vanilla Bean ice cream. Saves my sanity for around 150 calories.
  • 14breley
    14breley Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I enjoy a peach milkshake every night, however,
    you could use most fruits. This is a real treat.

1/2 C skim milk
    1/2 C peaches w/o juice
    3 ice cubes
    vanilla and sweetener to taste

Blend til smooth. 90 calories.
  • lindapaulpink
    lindapaulpink Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat small bags of dried mango, get them in Asda. 103 calories a bag sweet and chewy and because they are in a bag like sweets you feel like you are having some.
  • deliagordon
    deliagordon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll go for Dove dark chocolate or I'll make a peanut butter and honey sandwich. Love them both!
  • ksullivan907
    ksullivan907 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-peanut-butter-cups/

I prefer making them with almond butter and a sweetener alternative instead of honey.
  • mystic_elegance
    mystic_elegance Posts: 258 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    My favorites for sweet cravings;
    ☆ Frozen Fruit, especially Sweet Green Grapes
    ☆ Chobani Key Lime Greek Yogurt Flips
    ☆ Fruit Smoothie made with Greek Vanilla Yogurt
    ☆ Frozen Strawberry Vanilla Greek Yogurt Bites sometimes a Dark Chocolate Chip on top
    ☆ Gum
    ☆ Sugar Free Jello
    ☆ Sugar Free Werther's Original Hard Candies
    ☆ Fruit
    ☆ Outshine Fruit Bars (Popsicles) No Sugar Added
    ☆ PB&J made with PB2, Concords Natural Grape Jelly and 40 Calorie per slice Bread
    ☆ Lemon Slush made with Ice, 1 Lemon and either Honey or Stevia (sugar alternatives)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    If it's the middle of the day, I help myself to a coffee with a couple sugars and cream. To me that is sweet and creamy enough to satisfy the sweet tooth, PLUS it suppresses my appetite, and the calories come in much lower than a doughnut.
  • sfcrocker
    sfcrocker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    For me, when I'm craving cake or chocolate, I'll eat a Tootsie Pop (60 calories) or half a roll of Necco Wafers (110 calories) vs. the 300+ you get from cake or chocolate. Sometimes I just flat out crave sugar and fruit doesn't cut it. I figure that the Tootsie Pops and Necco Wafers last a long time and are very sweet and lower calorie than some of the alternatives. Yes, I know this isn't the healthiest snack by a long shot but it's something that helps me stick with my diet.
  • mhiggins1971
    mhiggins1971 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I find brushing my teeth helps curb a sweet craving.
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate melted or frozen on banana. Hits the spot every time.
  • LaLa_Ventura
    LaLa_Ventura Posts: 94 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I heard from Dr. Eric Berg that when your craving sugar that means your body's Potassium levels are deficient.

So I started eating vegetables high in potassium and it is working!

I still like my sweets but I truly do not crave them like I did before. I used to always go over my recommended sugar intake and now I'm barely even 1/3 that amount at the end of the day. Now, when I get "hormonal" once a week. I give myself a little room for more carbs and sugar.
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I heard from a Dr. that cravings sugar means your Potassium levels are deficient. So I started eating vegetables high in potassium and it is working! I still like my sweets but I truly do not crave them like I did before. I used to always go over my recommended sugar intake and now I'm barely even 1/3 that amount at the end of the day. Now, when I get "hormonal" once a week. I give myself a little room for more carbs and sugar.

Can't say I've heard about this before. I'll be researching this.
  • mnvicke
    mnvicke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Special K biscuit moments, they have chocolate, caramel and strawberry. You get 2 cookies for 95 calories, I take those and then cut them in half, then cut them into little squares. I'll eat a square and sip my evening tea until its all gone! Works like a charm! I feel like Im eating A LOT of sweets, when in reality I'm just eating a lot slower!

That's a fantastic idea! I'm going to have to try this/