How to solve a sweet tooth craving?

Options

Replies

• amelialoveshersnacks
    amelialoveshersnacks Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Dates, very sweet and help with "omg I need sweets now" cravings

Definitely! We get mazafati dates. I think they taste like a brownie.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    I freeze lower carb greek yogurt, but I'll agree Halo ice cream is SIMPLY amazing!
  • lolo_bunny
    lolo_bunny Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like to make cocoa coconut pancakes when I am having a sweet craving. I just add melted coconut oil and unsweetened cocoa powder to the mix, along with cinnamon and nutmeg. I drizzle melted nut butter on top instead of using maple syrup and I get a taste of my fave combo: PB and chocolate (without adding sugar to it). I have to be careful with my blood sugar and this often does the trick.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options

Definitely! We get mazafati dates. I think they taste like a brownie.

And Medjools - but they can be pricey. But one date is 70 cals and I absolutely agree they taste like fudgy brownies.
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options

Dates filled with Nutella is absolutely delish!
  • Huffy_Puffy
    Huffy_Puffy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Frozen cherries work for me, kinda like a boiled sweet but much better and healthy. Takes ages to eat them and fill me up. I'm just getting started so looking for new ideas too x
  • enonymous01
    enonymous01 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    For me, it's about letting myself have a little sugar, and making sure protein is involved. My top pics (for a person with a serious sweet tooth!) are:

1) Plain/Lower-cal Greek yogurt (Trader Joe's is the best), 1/8 c nuts, 1 tsp honey.

2) Apple with PB- like the young lady mentioned above, you must pre-spread the peanut butter on the slices, otherwise you lose portion control.

• sandflower81
    sandflower81 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yogurt
    Fruit
    Animal crackers
    Coffee
    Fruit cup
    Water

• jordiblu
    jordiblu Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    blend avocado with stevia and cinnamon - the healthiest option ever!
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Fruit does the trick for me
  • 2012retiree
    2012retiree Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Cut up an apple and sprinkle peanut butter powder (PB2) on it.
  • MamaSooz89129
    MamaSooz89129 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Looking for recipes and input on helping to crave your sweet tooth that are healthy and won't kill your diet. I always have a sweet tooth and I will chew gum or eat fruit but sometimes that's not enough. Been looking to Pinterest for good recipes that I can add into my diet to satisfy that craving (energy bars, healthy oat balls, protein cookies etc.)

It's not really a recipe, but Arctic Zero Cake Batter frozen dessert with a dollop of FF Cool Whip hits the spot for about 60 cals.
  • RodeenVisserLudick2015
    Options
    Here are my favorite sweet snack: Chocolate quinoa bites: http://tiphero.com/chocolate-quinoa-bites/
    I leave out the choc chips and add 10mg cocoa powder to the warm quinoa before mixing everything. I put the bites/balls afterwards in the freezer and leave it there until I have a craving for something sweet.