Confessions of a Maintainer

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Some days I don't trust the process at all. I am currently recomping (or trying to..) and I keep worrying that I am not going to see progress in the end.
  • Zealand4530
    Zealand4530 Posts: 180 Member
    I ate white pasta 3 times last week :|
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited August 2016
    BikeTourer wrote: »
    I too love food. Nothing was off limits when I was losing and nothing is off limits now. If I can work into the plan I do it. I am far pickier about what is worth it. I see a number of comments about hating exercise, I don't get it. Weight loss would have been pure hell and maintenance an unbearable life sentence if I didnt have the ability to up calories in with exercise. I've never used exercise as punishment for overeating but a means to eat more and remain in plan. I don't like the days where I can't be active.

Nothing is better than to finish a long ride a know if you want a salted caramel blizzard you can have it because you banked the calories.

I'm the same way as you regarding exercise. I feel that my days suck if I can't do any. Heat waves and Winter suck for me because I can't go for my 3 mile walk after dinner (that's typically on top of whatever exercise I had that day). I HATE week ends now when my husband just wants to stay home and chill. So I just do my own things.

I still don't like most exercises though, but I tolerate riding my stationary bike while watching TV and I love walking (even on the treadmill, but they have games so it keeps me busy). it probably helps that I'm an introvert and use that time to recharge.

The worst probably is when my legs need a rest... at 1.5/3 hours of walking/biking a day sometimes, they just can't keep up with me :(
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    I don't think of food as simply fuel for my body....I eat the things I really like and MOSTLY bear in mind what is best for me nutritionally. I've only been maintaining for a couple of months but so far, so good. Oh confession...I like wine too much for comfort lol.
  • I've lost around 30 lbs in the last few years and when I hit my goal weight in April 2016 I was hit with the realization that I don't know how to find the sweet spot that is maintenance. Good news: I still exercise several times a week, log foods, and weigh myself once a week. Bad news: Eating pasta, baked goods, and have gained 3 lbs. I like the idea of seeing food as fuel...maybe that will work for me.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    jennitm wrote: »
    I confess that I still can't be left alone with an opened bag of Doritos.

Love Doritos too! And yes..it is the opened bag that makes it more difficult.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    I freaking love stuff that's bad for you maybe a little too much. Went to Portillos this afternoon and had 2 Hotdogs and a shake. Probably 1200 calories combined. In really scared that j will never be able to eat normally