Do you exercise everyday?

Options
I can barley exercise 4 days a week and I hate it ! How offen do you exercise?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    between 3-6 days, depending on what i'm doing.
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Build your tolerance up. It's not a race, it's a lifestyle. If what you're currently doing is causing you dissatisfaction taper it down a smidge. Build from week to week in terms of workout time/days.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you call exercise. I walk an average of 15km a day, some out and about, some doing circuits of the house some following a Walking At Home video. Then I go to the gym as often as I can, whenever OH has a day off, but at least twice a week for strength training. I've just added a boxercise class in once a week as long as the OH has that day off and tonight I'm trying out an Insanity class.
  • norie92
    norie92 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I workout 3 days a week, have lost a lot of weight mostly due to calorie deficit.
    You don't need to exercise to lose weight, keep that in mind.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise everyday?

Yep ... absolutely!!

But I mix it up. Some days (like yesterday) I walk 20 minutes. That was a rest day. Other days, like a few weeks ago, I cycle a century (100 miles). Just depends.
  • saintshoc
    saintshoc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Tend to train 6 out of 7 days but with lots of variety however it does depend on how my body feels. Any pain and I rest before I'm forced to with an injury. Four times a week is a good level of exercise.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I never exercise 7 days a week.

Most of the time I do 3 strength/3 cardio, but in the summer I cut back because I am active enough not to need to do a structured exercise programme as frequently.

Cheers, h.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I do at least 1 activity for a minimum of 20 minutes every day. Sunday is my biggest activity day with as many as 5 activities lasting up to an hour. This past Sunday I walked, ran, and cycled over 30 miles.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    5-7 times per week.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I have no specific schedule, but I train most every day. Sometimes 1-2 rest days a week, sometimes none if my intensity or volume isn't very high.
  • kms151209
    kms151209 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 5-6 times a week depending on my working hours but also so home workouts too if needed! I find it really helps with keeping stress levels down (especially in my line of work)
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Most days, but I don't spend hours in gyms or pounding the streets!

A typical day would be - 20-25 mins aerobics (Rosemary Connley dvd) before breakfast, walk to work (13 mins) walk home from work (13 mins) then 20 mins "Wii Zumba Core". Wednesdays (term time only) I do a 45 minute Zumba class followed by a 45 min clubbercise class - sometimes I walk there and back (15 mins each way). At weekends I might do a longer workout to a DVD (aerobics/toning/weights, maybe Davina McCall) or go for a longer walk - 1-2 hours - cut the grass, more elaborate food preparation/baking than during the week.
    I have a rest day on Thursdays if I've been to my double class (except for walking to and from work).

I really have to make myself do the after-work workout (which is why I do the pre-breakfast one most days so at least I've done something that day!) and don't always manage it, for example if I'm going out somewhere. But I like my food and drink, so I eat back most exercise calories.

I've never been "sporty", but having got into a routine I now feel fidgety and uncomfortable if I miss too many days. And I do find, if I've got a slight headache or feel out of sorts after work, that short session sorts me out.
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I do, but I don't *call* it exercise - it might be running, cycling, walking, swimming, various body weight exercises, other activities I like doing. I think just lumping it all together as 'exercise' makes it functional to you rather than fun: you're doing it for a specific purpose and not for its own sake. Maybe you need to look for 'exercises' that you'd also do for enjoyment?
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I try to exercise everyday but probably average 5 or 6 days a week. Strength training, treadmill and tennis are my mainstays, with occasional golf, cycling and swimming thrown in. I sound like an ad, but it's truly the good life.

OP are you pushing too hard?
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    6 days. 4 days running (training for a Half Marathon) and two days lifting cross training. Sunday is a day of rest. Outside of race training I'll go three days running and 3 days lifting. Still resting on Sundays.

OP, you need to find an exercise/physical activity you enjoy.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I try to have very few days where I'm sedentary, but I still consider an hour or so of walking to be exercise, others may not.

I try and do some kind of resistance training, usually a mix of bodyweights and kettlebells in a circuits style, at least twice a week, maybe 3. I've started running again 2 or 3 times but this is very low mileage, maybe 2-3km at a go. I swim once, do yoga twice, cycle once, and walk a lot.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Every day as I enjoy it.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I do physical activity everyday. I run, cycle, do a HIIT class, yoga, walk. I love how it makes me feel. You have to find that activity that you enjoy!!