Do you exercise everyday?

Options

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    5 days actual training, plus all the activity from my daily life (two young children plus just not sitting still in general).

I'll take a super lazy day maybe once a month.
  • chrislo2691
    chrislo2691 Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Mainly I dance and walk. I am not into running, cycling, gyms and that kind of kind of thing.
    I try to go for a walk most lunchtimes at work for about half an hour.
    I do a Pilates class one night a week followed by a ballroom dance class for 1.5 hours
    Two nights I attend either Ballroom classes or modern Jive.
    Two more nights I teach ballroom for 1.5 to 2 hours plus some practice time with the students.
    Saturdays I may teach in the morning and I usually go to a social dance for about 3 hours in the evening.
    Sundays I do a bit of walking and occasionally go to a dance.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week, but I'm cranky on my rest day. If you hate it, maybe you could find something you like better? I hated the regular gym, so I tried a women's only gym. I liked the company, but not the equipment. I started working out at home, but had to find the right programs, that I knew I would do faithfully. Once I found that, I looked forward to my workouts, which have increased in intensity and difficulty since I started over a year ago. Now I do everything in my power to fit my workouts into my day. Find something you enjoy, or maybe a workout partner. That can help too.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Strength Mon, Wed & Friday & run Tue, Thur, Sat & Sun (plus biking & rowing several times per week) but I've also been running for close to a decade and I'm not lifting to failure (it's more a case of cross training)
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    5 days.

• stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yes: One hour cardio Monday through Saturday; weights Monday-Tuesday Thursday-Friday; gardening Saturday; long walk on Sunday
  • fitgamercatlady
    fitgamercatlady Posts: 63 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I work out five days a week. You do want to give your body rest from intense exercise so it can recover. I've never heard anyone say they regretted a trip to the gym, but I know the hard part is getting yourself there. Just stay motivated and you'll want to go so you can look forward to your progress!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I walk or cycle to work 5 days a week (~4 miles each way), run an additional 5-6 times (usually skip Friday and occasionally one other day) and strength train a couple weekdays as well. So I usually don't do any "real" exercise on Fridays, just the walk or bike commute.

ETA: I also used to hate it, but now that my cardio endurance is better and I'm stronger, it's a lot easier and more enjoyable. I also found stuff that helps me with it like listening to audiobooks on long runs.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    In one way or another. I may bike one day, jog/walk one day, kickbox one day, etc. Rare that I don't do something physically active on a daily basis.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • kevinf2380
    kevinf2380 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I try to do everyday. Something active for at least 30min. I usually do 5-6 days. 3cardio/3 strength training.
  • Timothyh27
    Timothyh27 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I try to exercise daily. Prefer to be fit and toned so I do fitness, Cardio Vascular work, Fartlek and cross training, as well as keeping active.
  • 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I train 6 days. 3 strength, 3 martial arts
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I do something active daily, sometimes twice a day during the week - early morning and evening.

I workout at home and outside. I mainly powerwalk everyday for at least 3 miles and strength-train 3 or 4 days a week. I also do other things like exercise dvd's/Youtube workouts, Pilates, jump roping etc. Nothing strenuous, but enjoyable and I look forward to my workouts.

However, when I first started to lose weight I could barely walk at a normal pace for 1/4 of a mile without getting winded, sweaty and tired. But I kept with it and did what I could. As I kept going and things continued to get easier and easier and I was able to go further and longer.

Please don't feel like you have to have this fitness thing covered overnight. Also find activities you enjoy. You will more likely stick to doing it. It takes time, but the results are so worth it!

Good luck!
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    5-7 days a week. if we go out of town on weekends I'm on the beach weather permitting and I walk hella miles.
    5 days in gym m-f
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Build your tolerance up. It's not a race, it's a lifestyle. If what you're currently doing is causing you dissatisfaction taper it down a smidge. Build from week to week in terms of workout time/days.

This.

I workout in some way everyday, but if I started out doing what I do now I would have given up within days. When I began, I just wanted to make it a habit so I picked the least disagreeable thing I could thing of (walking on the treadmill while Netflixing) and just told myself I had to do it every day as soon as I got up (so I wouldn't have time to come up with an excuse) and I only had to go for 20 minutes. Well, you start binge watching a good show, and 20 minutes almost always turns into 30 or 40 or even 60. And once the habit was "set" it was easy to gradually turn some of those walking session into C25K sessions or lifting sessions at the gym. Now I run to the rec center to lift at 5am MWF and run 15-20 miles a week the other mornings. Sunday is "rest" day and I just Netflix on the treadmill to get in my 15,000 steps.
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Every weekday after work I lift weights. I love it and look forward to it. Weekends I'm usually doing stuff around the house so I'm moving most of the time. That counts. :smile:
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I exercise six days a week [4 lift days,1 yoga day, 1 cardio day], one rest day. If your exercise routine is overly tiring and doesn't make you feel better afterwards, then you may need to modify your exercise routine to do less for now, then slowly build up.
  • BillMcKay1
    BillMcKay1 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    30min walk mon-fri. Lift sun-tues-thursday. Try and bet active on the weekends, but not scheduled. Canoeing, go for a hike, whatever.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I'm now doing weights and cardio six days a week.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I try to do something every day. Definitely 3x a week is lifting, the rest is cardio whether it's in the gym or outside at home. We have some awesome gorges to hike through around here so I've done that several times.