How often do you check the scale?

Options
This is just a poll / curiosity question for the people of MFP:

How often do you check your scale?
If it happens to be once a week, do you have a certain day you check your scale on?

Replies

• BreytonJay
    BreytonJay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    1x/wk
    Sunday, which is also my rest day, and after a no lifting day :)
  • haehaebri
    haehaebri Posts: 7
    Options
    Usually once a week. Recently its been everyday but I need to stop because all the water weight.
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I check the scales twice a week, once on a saturday morning and once on wednesday (mid-week) to make sure that i am on track. I find checking mid-week gives me a bit of comfort otherwise if i have to wait a whole week I get too anxious which means I can go off the rails. If my goal is a 2 pound weekly loss, i hope by wednesday to have lost 1 pound and another 1 pound by saturday. It works for me...
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Once a week!
  • Kurrsteee
    Kurrsteee Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It used to be once a week on a Sunday morning.. but then my scales broke! Now I'm weighing fortnightly at my dad's on a Saturday morning and measuring myself on the weeks I can't weigh. :)
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Every day in the morning. Not checking my weight for over 2 years has brought me here after all. But I check in my weight into the system to track progress once per week usually; on Saturdays or Sundays.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    When I visit my doctor.
  • jo69
    jo69 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Practically everyday to get a sense of where I am at and what I need to do....this does not discourage me...
  • UNLESS19
    UNLESS19 Posts: 118
    Options
    once or twice a week, usually on friday or sat :)
    though i do sometimes forget or just get curious so i check it whenever too :)
    <3
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Every day in the morning, unless I'm not at home that morning. It does go up and down some, but this doesn't bother me.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I check every day to make sure mine is still under the bed where it belongs!:happy:
  • FrankieTrailBlazer
    FrankieTrailBlazer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning after toilet first thing. There is no point to weigh at any other time of day.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Maybe once a month, if that. I don't think the scale is an accurate indicator of fat loss. I prefer to measure inches and go off how I feel.
  • jarednuzzi
    jarednuzzi Posts: 18
    Options
    I check the scale everyday in the morning when I get up. Howeve,r I only really track progress on my weight once on Monday mornings. I find that if I check everyday it just helps me focus more on losing weight. If I'm a little lighther I'm happy and want to be even lighter. If I'm a little heavier then I'm more determined t eat less and exercise more to lose weight.

Thats just me though.
  • rhauser44
    rhauser44 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just starting- AGAIN!! Currently every day. But once I convince myself my weight is trending down, I'd like to just track fat loss on a weekly basis. That's the plan anyhow! ;)
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Most mornings after my toilet trip.
    Occasionally I forget. Friday morning is my 'check in' day.
    I understand and accept the fluctuations etc so I don't freak out if I jump a few pounds overnight, nor do I celebrate a loss of a few pounds overnight. I just find it keeps me on track better.
  • cid4houses
    cid4houses Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I WEIGH-IN ONLY ONCE A WEEK ON SUNDAY MORNING, AFTER MY SHOWER BUT BEFORE BREAKFAST.
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    daily. its an addiction.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    This is just a poll / curiosity question for the people of MFP:

How often do you check your scale?

Every day since it fluctuates. That way I have a weekly average to go by:

07/13/13 170.0 lbs
    07/12/13 169.8 lbs