How often do you check the scale?

Options

Replies

• TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Right after I throw it. Just to make sure it is still working.
  • aumint
    aumint Posts: 19
    Options
    Maybe once a week, but only for my heart rate monitor so I can get as accurate of a reading as possible. As for seeing my progress, I prefer measuring myself, as weight fluctuates a lot depending on what you consume.
  • joie49
    joie49 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say, every day. Just got into a habit of weighing myself daily and can't get away from it. I know how weight fluctuates daily, but I would rather know than not know. It works for me.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Every morning and I keep a spreadsheet so I can see what food/exercise works best for me and watch the fluctuations. I log on here when I see a new number (down) on the scale.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Nearly never. Once a month maybe. I rather go on how I look,and stuff fits then the scale number, the scale just discourages me. If I look at the scale to much it makes me get off track because I feel like it should be lower, then I end up being bad for a few days. :cry:

Its just what works for me though.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Every day in the morning. Not checking my weight for over 2 years has brought me here after all. But I check in my weight into the system to track progress once per week usually; on Saturdays or Sundays.

This is what I do as well. I also measure once a week.
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Everyday!!!!!!
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a working scale in months. My full-length mirror tells me everything I need to know while I'm waiting for my shower to get nice and toasty :)
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Everyday morning. I'm not bothered by the ups and downs.

I track weight and measurements every Friday morning for MFP purposes.
  • Hodgie12345
    Hodgie12345 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Every morning - because this is a battle in case you all had forgotten - and I check once a week for the recorded weight. I find knowing every day keeps me focussed. 59lbs lost in 104 days. Hodgie x
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Every morning - my official weigh is day is Sunday.
  • Raevyns
    Raevyns Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Every three days or so to avoid being disheartened by water weight fluctuations. I want to weigh myself every day, but I resist mightily.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Every. Single. Day.
  • emilyc_1987
    emilyc_1987 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I check every day to make sure mine is still under the bed where it belongs!:happy:

LMAO!

I usually try not to look too often, I don't want to become obsessed with it!
    so I weigh in a log on a friday! I may check tuesday/wednesday to make sure i'm on track but usually just the once!

also make sure you weigh yourself first thing in the morning and at the same time everytime! it's better!:)
  • sav3175
    sav3175 Posts: 47
    Options
    Every morning it helps keep me on track and accountable
  • taniiagirl
    taniiagirl Posts: 47
    Options
    Once a week. Any more times than that and I become obsessive I am trying to keep off the unhealthy thoughts and behaviours that got me into a bad place last time
  • sweetlyybroken
    sweetlyybroken Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Never!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    For seeing what my weight is: every morning after using the toilet.

To see if it needs an extra blanket: every night before bed.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Every morning right after I go to the bathroom. I only log it once a week though.
  • dollzil
    dollzil Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I check the scale every morning right after I wake up and before I eat or drink anything. :) (And after I use the toilet of course).

32767469.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter