I'm always curious. What'd you have for breakfast?

Options
Always good to know what others eat to get ideas of my own.
I had an omelette with one whole egg and 3 egg whites. It was stuffed with sautéed onions and green peppers and topped it with mexican blend cheese. I paired it half cut up plum tomato and 8 tortilla chips and 2 TBS of green salsa. It was filling and delicious.
Ok. Go!

Replies

• BillMcKay1
    BillMcKay1 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    1 whole egg + 3 egg whites. 50g of ham. 1/3cup oatmeal. Strawberry and Kiwi Fruit blast whey isolate. I'm a create of habit. Eat pretty much the same breakfast every day of the week. Sometimes I will switch the oatmeal for another whole egg.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Today I had a slice of black rye bread (pumpernickel, ja), with butter, two slices of Danish (red) salami, mayo, pickles. A Packham pear. A small glass of whole milk. 85 grams of cauliflower.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    In my ongoing summer exploration of smoothies, I had a smoothie with lots of honeydew melon, a little pineapple, lots of chard, some vegan protein powder, coconut water, about a tablespoon of hemp hearts, and -- the key to why it was so delicious -- some anise-hyssop, both leaves and flowers.

Definitely going to make more with the anise-hyssop and also try adding basil to smoothies.

I love vegetable omelets -- usually my favorite breakfast and I will likely go back to them when the weather cools down.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I ran super late this morning so ended up getting a Large Iced Coffee (plain) from Dunkin Donuts and put a scoop of vanilla protein powder in it when I got to work. Not ideal, but my own fault.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    a shake - 8 oz unsweetened almond coconut milk, 85g of spinach, 50g chocolate whey protein, 8g peanut butter - and a packet of OatFit cinnamon roll oatmeal
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Man, some of you people spend a lot of time on breakfast!

I pretty much always grab a Greek yogurt or a Cliff bar. Grab and go. Mornings are hard enough without having to make breakfast too. (Weekends are a different story, of course.)
  • mdonsbach
    mdonsbach Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This week it will be oatmeal with some strawberry preserves everyday. Next week it will be some sort of Protein Bar. Currently it is the Belvita Biscuits.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Man, some of you people spend a lot of time on breakfast!

I pretty much always grab a Greek yogurt or a Cliff bar. Grab and go. Mornings are hard enough without having to make breakfast too. (Weekends are a different story, of course.)

I prep all of my food the night before for this reason lol
  • Whitbygramgirl
    Whitbygramgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Plain 0% fat Greek or Skyr Yogurt - lots of Protein! - I add Pineapple, Strawberries, Blueberries (or just one) and a couple of tablespoons of Gluten free granola. I'm avoiding wheat and gluten lately - so I'm always looking for different things to eat. I leave my house at 6:00 a.m. and it is difficult to eat then. I usually wait a bit to eat as it upsets my delicate stomach. A nutritionist recommended to me that I have something to break the fast so to speak - so I often just have a small drink of kefir. I have to branch out and try something else, like omelettes!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I always do almond milk with whey right after my morning workout, then have a bigger breakfast when I get to work. For the past couple weeks it's been egg whites, 2 slices turkey bacon, and a 100 calorie container of wholly guacamole all wrapped in a Lavash flatbread. I also like any kind of chocolate overnight oats recipe.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Today I had two frozen blueberry waffles and a protein shake.
    Most days I have Greek yogurt, granola and some kind of fruit.
  • 87sid
    87sid Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    .5 cup of cottage cheese mixed with dannon light and fit greek yogurt. Then about 15 to 30 min later I'll have celery with peanut butter or toast with peanut butter.
  • sfcrocker
    sfcrocker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Weekdays: whole wheat bagel with cream cheese and sometimes lox. Weekends: Vegetable omelette.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I had a green tortilla wrapped around a mess of celery, onions, an egg, a pickle, half an avocado and a tablespoon of salsa. Then I had a protein shake of milk, protein powder, water, and ice.
  • Billyin4c
    Billyin4c Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    2 deviled eggs, 3 slices of bacon
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs with spinach, cheddar cheese, tomatoes and zucchini. also rasberries and blackberries. coffee and water
  • hmltwin
    hmltwin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Coffee, with milk and sugar; vanilla yogurt and a little bit of granola.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    One whole egg, ~100g egg whites, green pepper, mushrooms, spiced sea salt served open-faced on a toasted whole wheat bagel thin, and a big cuppa water.
  • lujako
    lujako Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast with sweet potato brussel sprout "hash"
  • MudRunChica
    MudRunChica Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Protein shake with coconut milk, chocolate protein powder, cocoa powder, blueberries, and cherries. Oh, and my kid's HBE yolk. He just wanted the white.