Anyone doing keto?

Options
2»

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I DO
    oops on the caps lock, gotta love some keto...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just wanna say a huge "thank you " to all who've posted here, reading the comments has been so helpful. I'm new to this ketogenic diet as well. Started 6 days ago along with my sister. High protein and low carb always worked well for me in the past until a year ago when health issues hit me in my early 50's, along with degenerative arthritis, massive high dose steroids and antibiotics over the course of about 6-7 months. Needless to say, I acquired a rather large( no HUGE) love for carbs and sugar. 30 pounds now heavier and nothing that used to work for me in the past is working now. Coming off the carbs n sweets has been slightly hellish but I'm so determined to feel better and now realize the sugar carb roller coaster is madness and total insanity. I must admit however, this is more difficult than I initially thought, but I'm determined. So thankful you all are here....

Keto is supposed to be low carb high fat. Too much protein and you won't be able to achieve ketosis. Protein is actually an insulinogenic and will be converted to glucose in excess.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    two years living the keto life style down 100 lbs and ripped
  • jackfox68
    jackfox68 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    SweanaGASP wrote: »
    I highly recommend going keto! Got myself a keto cookbook a week and a half ago after hearing/reading about it for months, and started the diet the same day. Dropped 7 lbs so far, even tho I'm eating the same amount of calories a day as i used to

What?!?! You mean to tell me it is not calorie in calorie out that makes you lose weight? :smiley:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    jackfox68 wrote: »
    SweanaGASP wrote: »
    I highly recommend going keto! Got myself a keto cookbook a week and a half ago after hearing/reading about it for months, and started the diet the same day. Dropped 7 lbs so far, even tho I'm eating the same amount of calories a day as i used to

What?!?! You mean to tell me it is not calorie in calorie out that makes you lose weight? :smiley:

Its the first week. Its called glycogen depletion. In fact there person might lose a few more too. But it will plataeu shortly and be back to 1 to 2 lbs based on the deficit.